Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

NECROPOST:Horrendous FSDT LAX ground texture

11 hours ago, Lbt564 said:

i tested vancouver yesterday and the ground texture made me dizzy when using dynamic lighting :( no problems when using flytampa or other airports.

Good that I'm not the only one. 
I was at Imaginesims Pudong last night and the effect made me feel all loopy in the head. Weirdest thing that I have ever seen on screen.

I noticed this last night landing at FSDT KIAH as well......

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yes same here at FSDT KIAH for me as well... the runway textures look bad with dynamic lights on... it's so grainy and noisy.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, downscc said:

I hesitate to run a FSDT live update, scares me because it used to wipe out all the changes made to be compatible with Orbx FTX and I don't want to go back through that again.

Again, an outdated information.

The current version of the Live Update (which has the ability to update itself, so you'll get it automatically when you start it) recognizes the OrbX fix for KLAS,

We posted this on our forum June 7th, so it was fixed on the same day after the first report on our forum that the Live Update removed the Orbx fix:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15841.msg113806.html#msg113806

The OrbX fix for KLAX, instead, doesn't install anything in the FSDT scenery folder so, it was never removed by the Live Update in the first place.

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

The current version of the Live Update (which has the ability to update itself, so you'll get it automatically when you start it) recognizes the OrbX fix for KLAS,

I read that in the Orbx and FSDT forums but I was leery.  I ran live update and yes it downloaded and added 22 files for KLAX but it over wrote  the KLAS\scenery folder and I had to go back in and turn mesh-terrain.bgl OFF again.  That's the only change made to the KLAX folders in the compatibility steps so it was a minor fix.  All is good now as far as Virtuali is concerned.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, downscc said:

I hesitate to run a FSDT live update, scares me because it used to wipe out all the changes made to be compatible with Orbx FTX and I don't want to go back through that again.

edit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, downscc said:

I read that in the Orbx and FSDT forums but I was leery.  I ran live update and yes it downloaded and added 22 files for KLAX but it over wrote  the KLAS\scenery folder and I had to go back in and turn mesh-terrain.bgl OFF again.  

This is no longer necessary in the current version of the Live Update which is online now, that removes the mesh-terrain.bgl if the OrbX fix if found.

23 hours ago, virtuali said:

The issue with KLAX bump maps looking strange at night has been already discussed in our forum here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15840.msg114117.html#msg114117

And of course, it was promptly fixed in the current Live Update, as indicated in the last post of that thread.

As a suggestion, before posting on other forums about a problem with an FSDT scenery, first check our forum first, and possibly the Live Update because, the new version is able to update all the installed FSDT products in one go so, it's very likely a problem reported in the proper way (on our forum), would have been already fixed.

I'm not sure what the issue is with KCLT ground textures at night, they look perfectly fine to me, and totally unlike what has been posted here of the (now outdated) KLAX textures.

Do you see something different than this video ?

Virtuali,

I'll try and have a look at the textures again, and see how they compare. I'll post any information if I can confirm a difference.

7 hours ago, virtuali said:

This is no longer necessary in the current version of the Live Update which is online now, that removes the mesh-terrain.bgl if the OrbX fix if found.

Excellent... your live update is becoming a powerful tool.  Hope this improves the customer experience and decreases support issues.  This is a very hopeful trend among developers to use tools like live update, Orbx FTX Central and PMDG hot updates via their operations center.  Should make everyone happier, especially me - 80% of my FSDT compaints have been triggered when couatl updated.

Dan Downs KCRP

This dynamic lighting really causes some strange effects on the FSDT runways that I have tested.  I have it at KIAH, KLAX and even the new KCLT.  KCLT is not as bad as the others but it introduces a different problem on the runway.  It appears the light acts in a strange way with the square grooves cut into the runway.  It causes a bizarre flashing effect as you move.  It sounded like Umberto stated the textures were fixed at KLAX but after running the Live Update I continue to have the same problem.  It reminds me of television fuzz when viewing the runway with dynamic lights on.  It appears to be the same issue that the OP posted about..:huh:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

16 hours ago, Flic1 said:

It sounded like Umberto stated the textures were fixed at KLAX but after running the Live Update I continue to have the same problem.  It reminds me of television fuzz when viewing the runway with dynamic lights on.  It appears to be the same issue that the OP posted about..:huh:

Yes, exactly, the moire effect (that's how the effect is called) at KLAX has been fixed with the current Live Update. Be sure you run it, and pay attention if two textures are being downloaded.

16 hours ago, downscc said:

This is a very hopeful trend among developers to use tools like live update, Orbx FTX Central and PMDG hot updates via their operations center.  Should make everyone happier, especially me 

Yes, sure. With many products, the traditional way of having patches to be found and installed, is not manageable.

80% of my FSDT compaints have been triggered when couatl updated.

Couatl never was the problem to begin with. The only problem was our old server, that couldn't cope with the stress due to a much increased number of users along the years so, lately, we found users not getting the right downloads, because the servers (we had two of them running in parallel, on in the US another one in Europe) were so stressed after a release, that they timed out, so you got a mixup of old/new files.

The new Live Update runs over Amazon + Cloudflare anti-DDOS distribution network, with 100+ servers spread around the world so, I don't think it would ever be possible to bring it down.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2017 at 3:17 AM, virtuali said:

As a suggestion, before posting on other forums about a problem with an FSDT scenery, first check our forum first, and possibly the Live Update because, the new version is able to update all the installed FSDT products in one go so, it's very likely a problem reported in the proper way (on our forum), would have been already fixed.

Pssssst - Your support is HUGELY lacking!!!  But I am sue you already know this as it is common place within our community

• Upvote 3

What about KIAH and the other airports, have they been updated to?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU