Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

Dynamics lighting brought my GTX 1080 to its knee

1 hour ago, Hegedus Marton said:

Hello!

Your 3 monitor's destroy your GPU. Buy a new GTX 1080 and use SLI Bridge. Use a very Strong CPU! That's recommended! For Example: I7 7700k or I7 6700k. Both are good for it. 2 GTX 1080 outperform your Ti! If you want to use continuously 3 monitor's this will helps. BUT if you want to use 1 monitor: Your FPS will be 100 at night.

Prove it

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Could be 1 million lights casting shadows on ground objects.  I have both turned off.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I have a Titan X and I get 12 FPS with any kind of SSAA and dynamic lighting enabled. I can only get away with 4x MSAA where I can achieve 27 - 30 FPS. LM needs to optimize. Guess we have something to look forward to for v4.1... we're never happy are we?

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

2 minutes ago, Bnash00 said:

I have a Titan X and I get 12 FPS with any kind of SSAA and dynamic lighting enabled. I can only get away with 4x MSAA where I can achieve 27 - 30 FPS. LM needs to optimize. Guess we have something to look forward to for v4.1... we're never happy are we?

I use GTX 1080 and I7 7700k. 1 monitor, night: Cockpit -> 30-40fps Locked Spot -> 70-80fps

2 minutes ago, Hegedus Marton said:

I use GTX 1080 and I7 7700k. 1 monitor, night: Cockpit -> 30-40fps Locked Spot -> 70-80fps

Is that with dynamic lighting enabled? Is that in a PMDG aircraft with all the lights on? What level of AA are you using?

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

6 minutes ago, Bnash00 said:

Is that with dynamic lighting enabled? Is that in a PMDG aircraft with all the lights on? What level of AA are you using?

I use 4X AA. Dynamic Lighting is on. Every other setting's on MAX. Just the shadow's no. (High) What is your Spec's?

3 minutes ago, Hegedus Marton said:

I use 4X AA. Dynamic Lighting is on. Every other setting's on MAX. Just the shadow's no. (High) What is your Spec's?

Asus x79-Deluxe Mobo with 4960x @4.7 GHz, Titan X (Maxwell) 12GB, 16GB RAM. I like to run 4X SSAA but I have to turn dynamic lighting off as well as dynamic reflections. I find the 12 threaded 4960X allows me to turn up the autogen and LOD, but lacks the raw performance of a current gen i7 to crank out the frames.

Your 7700K I'm sure is definitely helping you to achieve excellent performance.

Benjamin Nash

This highly depends on what add-ons and the amount that you have running plus screen resolution. Just because some of you have 1080's and Titan cards doesn't mean anything really. It's all dependent on those things also. If you're running pretty high FPS with most settings max''d out, then you're not pushing the sim hard enough.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Agree with the add-on used. Default aircraft doesn't have near the effect on performance as "The Queen" or Triple 7!

28 minutes ago, Bnash00 said:

Asus x79-Deluxe Mobo with 4960x @4.7 GHz, Titan X (Maxwell) 12GB, 16GB RAM. I like to run 4X SSAA but I have to turn dynamic lighting off as well as dynamic reflections. I find the 12 threaded 4960X allows me to turn up the autogen and LOD, but lacks the raw performance of a current gen i7 to crank out the frames.

Your 7700K I'm sure is definitely helping you to achieve excellent performance.

I'm not statisfied with the AMD Processor's. Firstly, you need an I7. Your AMD processor can't perform well your Ti. The GPU is too good :)

BUT the GTX 1080 is better than a Titan X.

19 minutes ago, Hegedus Marton said:

I'm not statisfied with the AMD Processor's. Firstly, you need an I7. Your AMD processor can't perform well your Ti. The GPU is too good :)

BUT the GTX 1080 is better than a Titan X.

4960x is an i7...

Benjamin Nash

Turning off DR was one of the first things I had to do with v4. I find that, on top of the high amounts of AA that P3D needs to keep from looking like garbage, shadows, reflections, etc. and all of the rest of the things that LM has dumped onto the GPU, DR was the last straw. And I'm using a GTX 1080Ti that I've OC'ed the beejeesus out of.

Dynamic Lighting is way overrated.  considering the price we have to pay for it.. not worth it.. I'll take it if I do not have to pay any FPS for it. Until then It will remain turned off! Its not worth more than 1-2FPS loss for me! :)

v4 has given us so much..like no more OOM and 80% - 100% more overall FPS gain.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

DL might be more impressive down the road, hopefully with Nvidia GPU's post Pascal. I'm waiting for Volta, or beyond, before upgrading my 970. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I am running dynamic lightning with gtx 970 and the only time I dropped below 25 fps was on flytampa EHAM. 

I use PMDG triple 7, AS16 and ASCA with cloud and airport textures set to 4096. In sim settings maxed out apart from autogen draw distance and densities (very high/dense/dense)

I disabled dynamic reflections as it killed more fps than in v3. 

To me it seems that it's some bug it does not work properly on gtx 1080 really.