Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Shared cockpit session

I tried to setup a shared cockpit session with a friend, but on the setup page for multiplayer, the shared cockpit option is greyed out and when I start the session, my aircraft is on the runway, but my friends aircraft comes in for landing flying above me, so we both have our own aircraft.

How do I setup a shared cockpit, so we both will enter the session in the same aircraft?

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

As far as I am aware, PMDG does not support shared cockpit functionality.

Confused... The 747 is supposed to be flown by 2 pilots, isnt shared cockpit the primary way to fly it?

Cheers!

Maarten

27 minutes ago, Demious said:

Confused... The 747 is supposed to be flown by 2 pilots, isnt shared cockpit the primary way to fly it?

Indeed it is as are many other airliners but I, too, fail to understand the lack of shared cockpit functionality in these high end products. I don't think any PMDG product natively supports shared cockpit and I haven't recently read anything that lends to suggest that PMDG is willing to change their stance on this topic. I suggest you try the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional product as that supports up to 3 people connected in one aircraft. I believe Aerosoft A320 series also supports shared cockpit but from what I've heard, it is quite a task to get it working properly for the entirety of a flight.

Getting back to PMDG, there is a third party software that claims shared cockpit functionality for PMDG aircraft. It's called Desk-Pilot. I suggest you read up on it thoroughly and speak to the developers as well before making any purchases as functionality like this is best received if it comes from the developer of the aircraft. You can read more about Desk-Pilot here.

I myself love the Q400, only I cant get my friend interested, unfortunately...

We're both interested in the Concorde X, but we'll have to see if it's going to be available for v4 and if so, how long this is going to take...

I'll have a look at Desk-Pilot, although on the front page they have a poll about which aircraft to do next and the 747v2 is one of the option, so I dont think they're very up to date. But I see the 737 is available in Desk-Pilot, so who knows.

Thanks for the tip, Karan. :)

Cheers!

Maarten

The shared cockpit feature in any simulator platform is based on the cockpit simulation using gauges that are a part of the SDK package.  None (or very few) of the gauges in the PMDG products are part of the platform, but are external to the simulator in PMDG code.  Therefore, the PMDG cockpit cannot be shared across a network without that being built into the product, because the simulator platform is not "aware" of the gauges.  The QOTSII is headed in that direction, according to PMDG when they discuss their simulation center, but it is not there yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 2017-6-12 at 6:19 PM, Demious said:

Thanks for the tip, Karan. :)

You're most welcome!