Hello everybody, 

After moving to P3D V4 and installing the Active Sky for P3d V4 Beta, i noticed a problem with the sky textures. No matter what weather i set, the sky always looks grey from the ground. But flying at higher altitudes makes the sky blue again. I tried to turn off volumetric fog but it doesn't help. When turning it on again though, the sky looks normal for some seconds but then turns back. I had the same issues with P3d V3, but never really did anything about it.

I hope that somebody has a soulution for this.

Kind regards

Felix

Probably best to post your issues and request over at the HIFI AS2016 forum since your are using a beta version. 

Since you indicate you had the same problems with P3Dv3, to me that indicates most likely an issue in your setup in AS2016 (assume that is the version since you failed to mention in your post) and/or P3D.

You need to indicate what your system is, and give a lot of details regarding your setups in order to obtain some help.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

4 hours ago, flxwng said:

Hello everybody, 

After moving to P3D V4 and installing the Active Sky for P3d V4 Beta, i noticed a problem with the sky textures. No matter what weather i set, the sky always looks grey from the ground. But flying at higher altitudes makes the sky blue again. I tried to turn off volumetric fog but it doesn't help. When turning it on again though, the sky looks normal for some seconds but then turns back. I had the same issues with P3d V3, but never really did anything about it.

I hope that somebody has a soulution for this.

Kind regards

Felix

I confirm having a same issue, the sky is grey even with clear weather. I dont know if you guys are having the same problem or not, or anyone has a solution for this ? Thanks

I've not experienced this problem, and had blue skies on a 500nm flight yesterday though I've only made three flights with Activesky for P3DV4 (Beta).

Important to note that the weather changed considerably during my flight yesterday, from clear with a few random white clouds in the Atlanta area to thunderstorms as I approached Orlando Florida.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

What is your maximum visibility setting for surface and upper levels?

• Upvote 1

Ryan