Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Are registrations still happening?

Hello,

I just wanted to find out if the registrations are still being conducted on RC4.3? If so, I'm not trying to rush anyone on the e-mail response, just wanted to see whether we can still register or not and will patiently wait.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The process is automatic providing the correct format and content is used in the email. Please ensure you have done that.

A plain text message is probably better than an HTML one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't have the e-mail client on my sim PC so I'm manually creating the e-mail. Should there be a specific sequence of how this should be done in Plan Text e-mail?

FirstName LastName
-Number?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guidance is in pinned topic at the top of the forum..

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am getting a little bit frustrated with this. According to JD I am assuming that the email should look like this?

-Number! FirstName ! LastName

Is that correct? 

Jacek G.

I would suggest:-

-Number!FirstName!LastName

There is no need for spaces. I would guess the exclamation mark is the delimiter. Spaces might confuse the program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You need a space after the number before the ! . Include the - only if present.

There are severe storm cells moving through the area where the authentication server is located at this time that could be slowing things up. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed through your spam folder on your PC and your ISP's filter. Normal automatic response should be within 30 minutes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ronzie said:

You need a space after the number before the ! . Include the - only if present.

Ron,

There's nothing in the pinned instructions stating a space should be included. If that is the case then JD needs to edit his post as it's misleading. I would type exactly what is written.

Drumcode could try two messages - one with the spaces and one without.

Do we actually have a moderator for this forum? If not then shouldn't we?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This worked for me.:

-15604972xx  ! Ron  ! Ginsberg

Yup, I am assuming there will be a lot of activation requests coming up with the v4 on the market. I haven't had to activate in years, but now I have this new build and had to install again and felt JD's info was a bit confusing. 

Jacek G.

3 minutes ago, ronzie said:

This worked for me.:

-15604972xx  ! Ron  ! Ginsberg

In that case the instructions are wrong. They need correcting to prevent others having problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That was taken from an auto created request quite a while ago :)

I assume the data was taken from the screen on the RC computer, not data generated on e-mail computer.

11 minutes ago, ronzie said:

That was taken from an auto created request quite a while ago :)

I assume the data was taken from the screen on the RC computer, not data generated on e-mail computer.

It still doesn't explain why JD made no specific reference to include spaces to separate the three parts of information required. And your example seems to suggest spaces either side of each piece of info making it even more confusing.

Without moderator privileges we can't edit his post or pin one with precise instructions. That means more people like Drumcode will continue to be confused by the format required. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ron for all of your help. JD reached out and we've got everything sorted. I'm all set in v4. :)

Jacek G.

BTW, on your posting problem, some of the pinned topics are locked.