Sign in to follow this  
michal

Does Ariane justify the money?

Guest XaRGoN

their products cost a lot of money and I will like to know it's worth the money ?For example the 737BBJ Thanks

Guest bobsk8

If you do a search on Ariane on this forum you will find tons of information on this topic, both pro and con...

Guest ThrottleUp

It depends on your simming personality.If you are a casual simmer (create GPS plan, jump in a plane and go) then these products will be a waste of your money - plenty of free 737s out there. Keep an eye out for Poskys stonking new 737-800! Its gonna be cool. Also lots of nice panels out there too.On the other hand if you are obsessed with accurate systems-simulation and want your FS9 jaunt to be as realistic as it can get..then products made by PMDG & Ariane are worth it. The PMDG 747-400 for example uses data supplied by Boeing itself and has impressed drivers of the real thing.But just to throw a spanner in the works: theres people like me who like nice-looking wingviews and pretty visual models: and so I got the PMDG 737s for that reason only. I dont use its panel even. There.....even simming has its strange ones :(

Guest rpjkw1155

I'm a casual simmer, but I, too, like great visuals. I learned a long time ago to buy any aircraft I want and replace those panels, even soundsets, with ones I prefer. I think of it as buying a model rather than a system and that attitude allows me to enjoy what I consider to the best of all worlds. To those "hardcore" simmers, I say "Thank you" because your demand for perfection and detail has done wonders to improve the overall quality of FS software. Each year it just gets better and better.Bob

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------- To those "hardcore" simmers, I say "Thank you" because your demand for perfection and detail has done wonders to improve the overall quality of FS software.--------------------------------------------------------------------Oh yea I second that :) I also know its proably too much trouble for the big guys like PMDG to worry about casual simmers like us but imagine how cool it would be if they released a "visual-model only" package for wingview & screenshot freaks :)

>but imagine how cool it would be if they>released a "visual-model only" package for wingview &>screenshot freaks :) You say that as if there were more than one... :-eekCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>their products cost a lot of money and I will like to know>it's worth the money ?>>For example the 737BBJ >>>ThanksHaving had my fair share of runins with the various iterations of Peter Tishma's flightsim outfits, I wanted to appoarch arianedesign with an open mind. Bought and downloaded their Boeing Business Jet, gave it a thorough workout, and deleted it off of my harddrive. I don't want to get into the details again of what's wrong with the plane, but just to give three points about value:1) If you accidentally delete all of the files, there seems to be no way to get any of them back. Ariane automatically assumes that you are trying to pirate their software. 2) There is virtual no way to establish any kind of coherent communication with Ariane. All you can do is to write emails and ask questions, most of which will be answered along the lines of rtfm. 3) The 500 page operations manual that comes with the jet has piracy warnings on every other page. I don't do business with companies that treat their paying customers like children. Put differently, interacting with Ariane is an exercise in constant frustration and anger - I'd hardly call that value. ricardo

sometimes I wonder if the money they dont spend in advertising goes to paying off forum users to constantly ask the same questions again over and over to stir up more debate and more PR for their company

There are some who say that even bad name recognition can be a good thing in advertising.But...as the Huey Lewis song says, "sometimes bad is bad"Don't think O.J. Simpson is getting too many advertising contracts out of the fact that his name is a household word.I have to believe that most of the poor chaps that end up having an "Ariane moment," as I reluctantly admit to having once done, did so because the story of Peter Tishma stopped being told. I think these threads serve a purpose by at least giving the new guy on the block a fighting chance to discover the history.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Adverse Yawn

>>...and has impressed drivers of the real thingWhere did you find this information?

I bought a B737 classic from them (a few months prior to FeelThere bringing out their product). I noted that the installation changed my FS9 splash-screen, and I can't recall the installer asking me if I wanted that. So, every time I started up FS9 I would get a splash of the Ariane bird.I also don't like their paranoia about piracy. I don't advocate nor support piracy, and also realize that there has to be some form of control over limiting what happens to downloaded s/w. I think that Flight One have really got that part of it right.I flew the Ariane bird twice and wasn't impressed, although its too far long ago now for me to recall the specifics. But I had no problems down-loading the files and running them.Bruce.

Guest ThrottleUp

----------------------------------------------------"and has impressed drivers of the real thing"Where did you find this information?----------------------------------------------------In the latest issue of "Airliner World" there is a review of the PMDG 747 by a real-world 747-400 pilot :)http://www.airlinerworld.com/current_issue...c_feb06_150.jpg

>There are some who say that even bad name recognition can be>a good thing in advertising.>>But...as the Huey Lewis song says, "sometimes bad is bad">>Don't think O.J. Simpson is getting too many advertising>contracts out of the fact that his name is a household word.>>I have to believe that most of the poor chaps that end up>having an "Ariane moment," as I reluctantly admit to having>once done, did so because the story of Peter Tishma stopped>being told. I think these threads serve a purpose by at least>giving the new guy on the block a fighting chance to discover>the history.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileBob,..you are a funny guy....And who on earth says that it is PT who still runs Ariane? I suggest that you ask those who met the real Ariane head on various "simmers get together meetings".There was recently infact a thread about this, but I can

Staffan