Sign in to follow this  
michal

Does Ariane justify the money?

>And who on earth says that it is PT who still runs Ariane? And who on earth says he's not still there? He crept in anonymously in the dead of night under the Ariane flag after other similar reincarnations. Why would we assume he's not still there pulling the strings? I look at the advertising hype on their website and still see his fingerprints everywhere.If Tishma still so much as drinks tea with those guys, I don't want anything to do with them.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>And who on earth says that it is PT who still runs Ariane? >>And who on earth says he's not still there? He crept in>anonymously in the dead of night under the Ariane flag after>other similar reincarnations. Why would we assume he's not>still there pulling the strings? >>I look at the advertising hype on their website and still see>his fingerprints everywhere.>>If Tishma still so much as drinks tea with those guys, I don't>want anything to do with them.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileLet me ask you something....Did he do something to you personally? Because it sure sounds like it....;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifYes, I had to change my sig, due to another forum which does not "like" animated banners. So inorder to simplify, I have "one for all". :-roll :-erks :-boom

Staffan

But the question I believe was value. And NOTHING I have read over the last year implies value commensurate with the asking price. Every review I have read compares it favorably to the PMDG series, but never reports a new level of simulation or technical advance. Ariane can charge what they want and I can label their approach as I choose. Their products are a rip off at twice the price of any comparable product. Their service is unremarkable and I would not recommend a purchase. And if history is repeated, Ariane will disappear and emerge under a slightly different name; unencumbered by previous product commitments and customers. I don't trust them. Sorry. Bob....

>But the question I believe was value. And NOTHING I have read>over the last year implies value commensurate with the asking>price. Every review I have read compares it favorably to the>PMDG series, but never reports a new level of simulation or>technical advance. >>Ariane can charge what they want and I can label their>approach as I choose. Their products are a rip off at twice>the price of any comparable product. Their service is>unremarkable and I would not recommend a purchase. And if>history is repeated, Ariane will disappear and emerge under a>slightly different name; unencumbered by previous product>commitments and customers. I don't trust them. Sorry. >>>Bob....Hi Bob,That

Staffan

>Let me ask you something....>>Did he do something to you personally? Because it sure sounds>like it....;-)No, he didn't. Read the history. Bernie Ebbers never did anything to me, either, and there's no way I'd ever touch a company he had a hand in running, either. Unless it's putting a set of license plates he made in prison on my car...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>Let me ask you something....>>>>Did he do something to you personally? Because it sure>sounds>>like it....;-)>>No, he didn't. Read the history. >>Bernie Ebbers never did anything to me, either, and there's no>way I'd ever touch a company he had a hand in running, either.> Unless it's putting a set of license plates he made in prison>on my car...>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileHmm,..so I guess that makes you a true "rolemodel" to all of us. :-lolhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifYes, I had to change my sig, due to another forum which does not "like" animated banners. So inorder to simplify, I have "one for all". :-roll :-erks :-boom

Staffan

Guest daniel.alm

>>Let me put it this way,...I am surely not a CRT cockpit guy.>But I have purchased both PMDG and Ariane 737

>>>>>Let me put it this way,...I am surely not a CRT cockpit guy.>>But I have purchased both PMDG and Ariane 737

Staffan

Guest daniel.alm

>>>Hi Daniel,>>As I said,.."I am not a CRT guy". :-)Uhh, sorry, I forgot to put the NOT on my answer. I'm a Tupolev Tu-154 fan, so that says it all ;-) >>The thing with the Ariane VCe 2Di panel is that it gives you a>much more "real" feeling of beeing in the cockpit than>anything else available. Well maybe the Bac 1-11 by David>Maltby is the other one.But are the refresh rates acceptable? >Default AP? Who said that? Is the default FS AP able to be>coupled with a FMC

Hi,>But are the refresh rates acceptable? Since it doesn

Staffan

>Hmm,..so I guess that makes you a true "rolemodel" to all of>us. :-lolIt makes me a..."rolemodel"??? Huh??? :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmmBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

>Default AP? Who said that? Is the default FS AP able to be>coupled with a FMC

>their products cost a lot of money and I will like to know>it's worth the money ?>>For example the 737BBJ >>>Thanks This is a subjective question. What might be worth it to one guy could be over priced to another. Some people love it some people do not. Other than a "french" siming review (have no idea who they are) there is not one review from any major FS site. Why is that? I find it very odd that "no one" respected and known in the comunity who does reviews has reviewed this aircraft. I do know Avsim was not provided a copy for review, again why is that? I have not read any rl pilot of a 737 NG comment upon this bird either, at least those I know to be rl pilots who come to avsim..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest IanP

I believe - although this is not direct from the horse's mouth, so to speak - that Ariane want people to pay full price for a review copy.Can you imagine trying to buy every product in a range to give it a full test? Whether or not it would get a good review, it would bankrupt half anythe reviewers! :-zhelpIan P.

>>> Other than a "french" siming review (have no idea who they>are) there is not one review from any major FS site. Randy:your statement is incorrect. Holger Kisterman did an extensive review of Ariane's NG series on simflight.dehttp://www.simflight.de/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=5908Including two extensive flight reports:http://www.simflight.de/users/reviews/lowwlemg/lowwlemg.htmhttp://www.simflight.de/users/reviews/lowwlpma/lowwlpma.htmIt IS a product with good potential, and I've outlined some problems with it above:1) Erratic support2) Bad refresh rates in the vc3) Random freezes and crashes4) Problems with the 2di displays5) Autothrottle does not disconnect on touchdown. If autoland is selected, the plane goes into toga mode immediately after the nosewheel touches down. I just wish ariane would address/fix some of these issues. ricardo