Sign in to follow this  
michal

Does Ariane justify the money?

Guest CWD

I must be the only person here who has no idea who Peter Tishma is.

Guest CWD

Yeah, I did a search after that and got the gist.

Guest Toni Rauch

StaffanAccording to the Ariane site, their MD is a guy called Neville Rolt. That, of course, does NOT suggest that Tishma is not still pulling the strings at Ariane. It does suggest that Tishma is still good at hiding, something he's tried (and failed) to do since Ariane first started.That said, the products should be 'judged' on their own merit and as far as the Ariane planes are concerned, popular opinion suggests that other renditions of the 737 genre represent much better value for money with much fewer technical issues. (And on that subject, where's the Ariane Support Forum they promised was being launched LAST SEPTEMBER???)Still, each to their own.Toni.(Edam, please don't bother!)

Hello,Just my two cents here -----1. I'm just a sim pilot - no real experience of any kind. 2.I don't know a thing about the owners of this company or their history.3. I own a lot of high-end payware - GA, twins and Heavies4. I fly them a lot5. I own the Ariane 600 and 900 Version 1's6. I use a fairly good sim setup with a Monarch AMD 64/3500+, 1 gig of ram and two Nvidia 6800 display cards in SLI mode. I use three displays and three computers on a network. I also use a GOFLIGHT system and CH Yoke/Pedals.yes, they are not always easy to deal with but I have received a lot of support from them. In truth, I needed the support because their installations SHOULD be Flight 1 wrappers but they are not. I had/have a lot of install problems when I update my system. But my bottom line here is:This is a very engrossing aircraft to sim fly!!! The ground tug is a real help in getting in/out of gates at busy airports. The FMC works great for me - I'm not very sophisticated with it but I fly routes that are about 90 minutes long and the performance has been fine. The virtual cockpit environment gives me a real feeling of a cockpit during takeoff/landings.Is it worth the $$$ - a real buyers choice here - it is very expensive but I'm not critical on that issue. It is a buyers choice.Anyway, I'm not really dissatisfied with my purchase - I wish it were less costly to update and buy new "parts" for but I'll keep it in my hanger.Thanks for the opportunity to chat here,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

no

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi Toni,Then maybe you are not you, and I am not me? ;-) Infact,..how do you know that we all are who we claim to be...:-hmmmAs I said..."I like the Ariane stuff. And as long as I do,..I don

Staffan