Sign in to follow this  
vitormfs

About P3Dv4 Support

Hey all,

I'm having trouble downloading the exe. I'm assuming it's an over aggressive antivirus. I attempted to download with 3 different browsers and the download failed. Finally downloaded on my phone, uploaded to Google drive and changed the extension just to get it on the computer. Switched it back to an exe and I get an error message that the path can not be found everytime I try to open it. I've given it all permissions, ran as admin, no joy. So frustrating. I'm basically lost when I fly the ngx now. Fumbling around to set the autopilot and cdu with the mouse....oh well, I appreciate that virtual avionics is working hard to get the module updated. If you could get me the file in a way that it will work, I'd be happy to do some beta testing to move it along. It's the last piece on my migration from version 3.

-Max

Fixed it! MCP works great so far with the ngx. I do need to select the profile and it does say it's connected to fsx steam. The virtual cdu says connected but stays on the "connected to vainterface version 2.24.0.11633" screen. However, the buttons work so that may get fixed with a restart.

All for now, 

Max

Edited by mschmelzer91
Fixed my own problem

The new va interface doesn't seem to do anything? I downloaded the new version. I click on it to start, it does seem to start as the 'do you want to run this program' warning comes up, but there is no VA icon in the task bar?

If I click it again it doesn't tell me its already running just comes up with the 'do you want to run this program?'  warning again.

I cant open any options in the VA control panel as its not running and the connection on my pad times out?

What am i missing?

On 1.8.2017 at 8:06 PM, vitormfs said:

Hello Captains!

I'm glad to announce the beta version of VAInterface! It's compatible with P3Dv4 and the new 777!

To get is just follow this easy steps:

1. Download the new .exe in this link
  2. Replace your .exe in VAInterface folder with the downloaded one
  3. Be sure to make a exception in your firewall and anti-virus (generally it's linked with the previous .exe)
  4. Run it form your folder

Remember that the file IS NOT an installation file, you have to replace the old .exe for this one! If you need support reme,ber to send us a ticket on our platform, just click here

Kind Regards 

Install the old version, then copy the new .exe into the installation folder...

REEEAAAD THIS!

Thanks for the reply, that is what I have done.

Double clicking the icon,right click and open or run as admin(it is selected to run as admin), or direct from the folder all result in the same-no VA running.  got fed up earlier so spammed the new va icon with the LMB and it did run, briefly managed to connect to it with my pad, then after around 30 secs with no warning the pad lost connection, and the VA had closed with no notifications & it would not restart at all.

at a bit of a loss

Ran the new EXE as Admin and an icon appeared in the task bar as per usual. However, as soon as I run P3D V4 the icon dissapears and the program stops running.

Any help at all?

Regards

Keith

2 hours ago, drayton_k said:

Ran the new EXE as Admin and an icon appeared in the task bar as per usual. However, as soon as I run P3D V4 the icon dissapears and the program stops running.

Bonsoir Keith,

That's exactly the problem I have ! as soon as P3DV4 start VAInterface quit.

Can you check if you have the following line in the log

FSCommMgr - Unable to get file name 299

Merci

Claude

Claude Troncy

Same here - "this device cannot be used with this aircraft" no matter what I pick, 737-600,700,800,900

Bonjour,

Could anybody which has the VAInterface working with the 737NGX in P3DV4, give me the version number of his(her) VAInterface.dll.
Merci beaucoup

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

claude

sorry, it is not a good answer  but..... my version is 3.1.0.11027.

I am not having any joy at all using VA with the P3D4 / PMDG NGX 737 CDU with W764

I wonder how the 777 & 747 users are going in P3D4, particularly on the CDU as distinct from the hardware MCP & what version of Windows ...

for now, cheers

john martin

Merci John,

Mine is the same version.

I saw in the simconnect log that there is an error (-1) when loading this dll in P3DV4. 

That could explain why it doesn't work with this dll which is an old one. If it is a 32 bits dll that may be the problem.
That's why I want to know which version is working.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

I had initial success with the PMDG 737-600, but now every time I try to use it on an NGX I get the same "this device cannot be used with this aircraft" message. I have tried on my iPhone, iPad and iPad mini. No luck.

Any suggestions from the devs?

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

sorry, it is not a good answer  but..... my version is 3.1.0.11027.

So I checked this dll it is a 32 bits one, and I cannot understand how it could work in P3DV4 64 bits !

Cheers

Claude Troncy

I was going to make a quick tip video on this, but working right now and don't have the time ... here is what needs to happen:

Step 1

..AppData\Roaming ... DLL.XML

Remove or disable this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>VAInterface</Name>
  <Disabled>True</Disabled>
  <Path>Modules\VAInterface.dll</Path>
  <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
  <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Step 2

In ...AppData\Roaming ... EXE.XML

Add this Entry:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>VAInterface</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Path>D:\Virtual Avionics\VAInterface\VAInterface.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

NOTE: "D:\Virtual Avionics\VAInterface\VAInterface.exe" this is the new EXE VA have provided earlier in this thread.  Your installation folder/path is likely different from mine, so you would use YOUR path to VAInterface.exe.

Step 3

Make sure both VAInterface.exe and controlpanel.exe (located in the same folder) are set to "Run As Administrator" (right clicke the EXEs and select compatibility tab).

Step 4

Start P3D V4 select PMDG 777 and go into a flight.

On your iPad/Android bring up the 777 CDU, select "Connect".

If this works and you get a blank screen or just CDU info with "Disconnect" option then just hit Menu button on your CDU (iPad/android) and you should be good to go.  

Step 5 (optional - no love)

If this DOES NOT work for you (you get the Aircraft error message), then you have to do one more step.  Alt + Tab to desktop and locate your controlpanel.exe (see above), execute it, it should display your PMDG 777 variant with a dropdown below indicating "Default".  Now click on the EDIT button and select "PMDG777X" and then select SAVE.  Exit the controlpanel.

Now try to connect again via your iPad/Android CDU.  This should work.

Step 6 (optional - really hates you)

If this still doesn't work then there is one more thing you can try:

Stay in P3D V4, alt tab out to desktop, right click the VA systray icon and select "Exit".  Now, navigate to where VAInterface.exe is located (your path), right click VAInterface.exe and select "Run As Administrator".  You're still not done, navigate to ControlPanel.exe and right click that and "Run As Administrator" ... (repeat step 5 - edit, select aircraft, save, exit controlpanel.exe).

Hope this helps.  For some reason the PMDG 777 seems to be more problematic than other aircraft, not sure why.  NOTE: you may have to do Step 5 for every aircraft variant you have.

Cheers, Rob.

I got it to work the 737 NGX, the 777, but the 747 it will connect but it stays on the screen with the CDU info and doesn't display anything from the aircraft even though the buttons work.  Has anyone gotten it to work with the PMDG 747 QotSII?