Sign in to follow this  
vitormfs

About P3Dv4 Support

5 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

It never worked with the PMDG 747??  It works with the iFly 747 http://store.virtualavionics.com.br/en/applications/14-virtual-cdu-747.html

Cheers, Rob.

VAInterface 2.23.1

BETA Release containing support for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II. Compatible products : MCP737-R, EFIS737 PRO and Virtual CDU 747.

Directly from the download section of the Virtual Avionics Website.  It worked with the PMDG 747 in P3D v3 without any problems. 

Interesting, I didn't know that ... so what does one select from the ControlPanel for aircraft since the PMDG747 isn't listed?

Cheers, Rob.

Oops, yes you're correct, I missed the last entry in the list.

Unfortunately like you, I'm not able to get my iPad display to sync visually with the PMDG 747 ... it accepts input and changes happen on the PMDG side, but no return data on the iPad side.

Cheers, Rob.

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I was going to make a quick tip video on this, but working right now and don't have the time ... here is what needs to happen:

.Hope this helps.  For some reason the PMDG 777 seems to be more problematic than other aircraft, not sure why.  

rob

thanks for your notes .....no joy using your "approach" with the PMDG737 (but you have success with the 777 ??)

I tend to agree with claude as next, but then why the T7 works !

it is so f...................!

10 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

So I checked this dll it is a 32 bits one, and I cannot understand how it could work in P3DV4 64 bits !

for now, cheers

john martin

16 minutes ago, vadriver said:

no joy using your "approach" with the PMDG737

Are you selecting the "PMDG737NGX" (not PMDG737) from the dropdown (in ControlPanel)?

The VAInterface.DLL doesn't work in P3D V4, that's why I suggested it be disabled and/or removed from the DLL.XML ... in fact you definitely don't want to use it at all, per my steps outlined above.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks to you Rob, I've got it working with my 777. However, like you, I'm not getting return data on my ipad; the <DISCONNECT prompt stays displayed.

Oh well, it's a start. Hopefully Virtual Avionics will get us a full up and running, two-way interface soon.

Also, Many Thanks Rob for your endless contributions to this community. Your posts and videos have greatly helped me with my re-entry into this hobby!

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

3 hours ago, wrap23 said:

However, like you, I'm not getting return data on my ipad; the <DISCONNECT prompt stays displayed.

Hi Don, I'm gonna recommend you do Step 5 (in my post above), remove any EXE.XML and DLL.XML entries for VAInterface.  Start VAInterface.exe manually using "Run As Administrator" before you start P3D.  Once in P3D, tab out and locate the ControlPanel.exe and manually "Run As Administrator", then select appropriate aircraft and exit.  This seems to be "reliable" method of connection with feedback going to iPad/Android.  This method is working for me for the PMDG737NGX, PMDG777, Aerosoft A320, iFly 747, iFly 737 (all fully functional) ... however PMDG 747 still has "partial" functionality with no return data to my iPad.

Cheers, Rob.

Bonjour,

After deleting everything concerning the VAInterface.dll, the procedure is not working for me with P3DV4 737NGX.

A soon as P3D starts VAInterface quit with an error in the log file provided by FSCommMgr saying unable to get file name 

In the ini file there is an entry 
[P3DV4]
DLLXML=YES

created during the install process. It aslo create an entry in the DLL.XML and a VAInterface.dll is copied in the module folder.
But this DLL is a 32 bit one. So I am lost ! :cool:

Cheers and thanks Rob for your support in the forum.
Claude

Claude Troncy

16 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Oops, yes you're correct, I missed the last entry in the list.

Unfortunately like you, I'm not able to get my iPad display to sync visually with the PMDG 747 ... it accepts input and changes happen on the PMDG side, but no return data on the iPad side.

Cheers, Rob.

Found that to. Do NOT run in administration mode and it should work.

Not running VA Interface in administration mode, have it working with NGX, 777, 747 in P3DV4. I start VA Interface before starting P3D. Select aircraft in control panel after aircraft loaded and power to the FMC. It's the 737NGX, not the other one for the 737.

Eric 

6 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

But this DLL is a 32 bit one. So I am lost !

See my thread here: 

13 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

See my thread here: 

Yes I tried everything without success, I still have an error in the log file.
I have open a ticket.
Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Thanks Rob. I've tried all of your suggestions and it still doesn't work. I additionally removed the DLL.XML file in the >VAinterface>modules. Didn't change a thing. 777 Virtual CDU still works just doesn't get feedback on ipad. Wish I had an understanding of what these files did but...I'm only a pilot!

Still hoping Virtual Avionics comes up with a solution soon.

Thanks again,

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

Found that to. Do NOT run in administration mode and it should work.

What security context are you running P3D V4 under?  Mine is set to "Run As Administrator" on the compatibility tab ... my understanding is you need to match whatever security context is being employed.

2 hours ago, wrap23 said:

777 Virtual CDU still works just doesn't get feedback on ipad.

Not sure what to suggest, I have it working ... I'll try to make a quick tip video this weekend showing what I do to make it work.

I agree, hopefully the VA support/devs will provide a less finicky version in the future but my understanding is the EXE they provided is considered "Beta" so I would expect some issues.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I'm assuming people are NOT installing VA Interface into it's default location which I believe is C:\Program Files x(86) ??  I would recommend you install VA Interface outside of "C:\Program Files ..."  especially since the new VAInterface.exe is a 64bit file so it really should NOT be residing under "C:\Program Files x(86)".