Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
vitormfs

About P3Dv4 Support

Recommended Posts

Well after 90 mins. or so I managed to get the PMDG 737, & 747 to work but not the 777. I start VAInterface_2.24.0.11633.exe manually from folder first NOT as administrator. (BTW VA Interface install folder; C:\Virtual Avionics) Start sim, load aircraft then set control panel to appropriate aircraft, exit control panel. This worked for 737, & 747 but not 777. With the 777 getting no return data. Using Android.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried repeatedly to get it to work with the IFly 747 in P3Dv4 to no avail. All Rob's advice has been followed.

I've opened port 9000 in the Windows 10 firewall and allowed the latest VA exe in and out.. No result.

So in desperation I turned off the Firewall altogether. Works fine now. This is not a long term solution I know but might be a clue for everyone else?

Cheers

Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

What security context are you running P3D V4 under?  Mine is set to "Run As Administrator" on the compatibility tab ... my understanding is you need to match whatever security context is being employed.

 

P3D as "run as administrator" but not VA Interface.


Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

With the 777, after successful connection, I have to hit the Menu button on my iPad then I get a matching display 

Cheers, Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonjour,

I get this answer from Ricardo Dutra (Virtual Avionics) where he says that VAInterface only works in W10 not in W7, he also gives some clue concerning their 32 bits DLL.
Cheers

Claude

Quote

There is probably nothing wrong with your config.
The main problem is that we are struggling with an issue with the 64-bit APIs for Win7.

The 2.24.0.11633 beta release works fine for Win10, but not for WIn7.
It seems some of the internal Windows functions that are used to interact with Prepar3D in 64-bit have obscure behavior in Win7.

This is not an issue to the add-on because it runs within the simulator, but for an external process, such as VAInterface, who needs to detect what sim is being used and, in case of P3D, dialogue with SimConnect in order to send and retrieve data, this is turns out to be particularly difficult.

Internally, P3D still uses the 32-bit SimConnect, this is why the VA.dll is still 32-bit, but for other modules, the 64-bit is now being used and are for those that we are having trouble with.

 


Claude Troncy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

With the 777, after successful connection, I have to hit the Menu button on my iPad then I get a matching display 

Cheers, Rob

Thank you Rob. Unfortunately this didn't work for me.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, chrisal said:

I've tried repeatedly to get it to work with the IFly 747 in P3Dv4 to no avail. All Rob's advice has been followed.

I've opened port 9000 in the Windows 10 firewall and allowed the latest VA exe in and out.. No result.

So in desperation I turned off the Firewall altogether. Works fine now. This is not a long term solution I know but might be a clue for everyone else?

Cheers

Chris

I've looked at this again and checked all my settings. With the Firewall on it sticks on "connecting" and then I get "please check if VAInterface 2.3 or later is running"

Turn off the W10 "private" Firewall and it works as intended. Am I missing a trick with the Firewall settings do you think? Program and port are "allowed"

Cheers

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all

good news awaits most of you in the morning i believe !

time for lunch downunda ....


for now, cheers

john martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

all

good news awaits most of you in the morning i believe !

time for lunch downunda ....

I see there is a later version beta release VAInterface_2.24.1.11639.exe and a new controlpanel.exe. Getting ready to try it out on the 777 that I couldn't get to work.

https://virtualavionics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008729148-About-P3Dv4-Support

Now detects right sim. The 777 works now.:smile: 

All PMDG's work now.

Edited by bills511

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bills511 said:

 

I see there is a later version beta release VAInterface_2.24.1.11639.exe and a new controlpanel.exe. Getting ready to try it out on the 777 that I couldn't get to work.

https://virtualavionics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008729148-About-P3Dv4-Support

Now detects right sim. The 777 works now.:smile: 

All PMDG's work now.

I've installed the latest version VAInterface_2.24.1.11639 for the T7 and it's connected but I don't get a matching display. Hitting the menu button like Rob suggested isn't working for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers


Cees van der Linden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, celin101 said:

I've installed the latest version VAInterface_2.24.1.11639 for the T7 and it's connected but I don't get a matching display. Hitting the menu button like Rob suggested isn't working for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

On your device press LSK 1L. That works for me.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Captains!

It's been a while now and here at VA we are working hard to solve all problems in our beta version! We have a new release for you, it's basically the same steps to install it.

You just have to follow the instructions bellow:

  1. Download the .zip file with the new VAInterface files clicking here
  2. Extract both files into your VAInterface folder;
  3. Right click in VAInterface_2.24.1.11639.exe and Run as administrator

Remember always to create an exception in your firewall and anti-virus and the files ARE NOT a installer, you have to lace them in the VAInterface folder!

You can see our article about VAInterface for P3dv4 in our support platform by clicking here.

 

Kind Regards,


Vitor Monteiro - Marketing and Relationship manager

Virtual Avionics - Challeging Flight Simulation Experiences

Professional Training and Personal Solutions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, thank you and oh, did I say Thank You!


Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 hours ago, vitormfs said:

It's been a while now and here at VA we are working hard to solve all problems in our beta version!

Tested out all the following and working perfectly:

PMDG 747
iFly 747
PMDG 737
iFly 737
AS A320
PMDG 777

But the MJC Q400 and CRJ 700/900 still not working ;)

Cheers, Rob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

But the MJC Q400 and CRJ 700/900 still not working ;). 

nor the LD757 expansion of the LD767 FMC,


for now, cheers

john martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,125.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...