On 25.6.2017 at 8:21 AM, theobrinkman said:

just give me a small 'hi' by using the website and we are in direct contact by mail. :)

Hi Theo, sent you an email with instructions.

13 hours ago, jayren said:

I think maybe a current trend in UI design is flat and minimalism. EFASS NG also use free OSM but seems a grey scale is applied to give a more elegant/neat look. Also it will be nice to be able to choose font and have more theme choice, along with better text placement. I guess these things are low priorities for other people. Attached are two pics for you, hope they help. 

Thank you for the screens, Jay. I could not find anything useful on the EFASS site.

Regarding flat UI: That is in the hands no the Qt user interface library I'm using. Changing the style would be a large effort. I think it looks "flattish" enough when using Windows 10. Depends on OS and selected style in the options dialog.

Regarding the map: I agree that a more brightness would be helpful to concentrate on the aviation symbols. I think I can do this in the same way as I darken the map in night mode: Overlay the map with a white half transparent white rectangle. That way you could brighten up all maps, also the very colorful ones like the OpenTopoMap. I'll add that, not much effort.

I also found two new mapstyles from CAROT that are free to use, less colorful and will be added to the next release.

I also plan to add more configuration options for map display that allow to define what map feature appear at what zoom level, fonts etc., but this will not happen soon.

You can disable all map features except the flight plan if you want to get a cleaner map with flight plan symbols/waypoints only. It is a few clicks, though.

Now I just need a tile server for satellite images which is free to use ...

Alex

Edited by albar965