Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

Bye Bye FSX, Very Welcome P3D v4

I never thought this day would come, a complete retirement of my FSX with tons of installed addons and hundreds of hours of fine tuning. But the day came and I couldn't resist, a revolution in my life of simming: a 64 bit simulator with FSX compatible and coming compatible addons, this is the future in my FS world with almost no limit regarding addon´s and visual enviroment..the name: P3D v4 :uwe_melk: . I have spent every day and hour since the release to install addons, and fine tune the visual look (I know, it´s a never ending task), and now I´m quite satisfied with the result. Only one big thing left to wait for, the release of PMDG NGX :lope_you:. I really hope for a release in the end of this week .

Enough talking, here are some pics from P3D v4:

t5fNooG.jpg
ZyETxVs.jpg
481LZwN.jpg
hucfjE8.jpg
QtzGgZo.jpg
tdmJi6w.jpg
Cwy6UEd.jpg
x6DEyRo.jpg
2CimuCf.jpg
UApIfar.jpg
RwgORIq.jpg
pSOCs2p.jpg
mvzXOiR.jpg
DRSUfNh.jpg
zwdSZMn.jpg
UP1BK98.jpg
lXOMNQX.jpg
DlTfv1D.jpg
TAP76Q9.jpg
d0Rk7Lm.jpg

• Upvote 3

Nice pictures!

Would you share what addons you're using? Just curious.

I too have been extremely and pleasantly surprised with V4. I thought there would little to marginal difference with V3, but no. It's a big difference.

I was in the planning stage of rebuilding my computer; I'd gotten all I could out of V3 with my system. Now, I don't feel any urgency for an update (waiting is always better!). I no longer have blurries. I have a very smooth flight experience. It looks fantastic.

I haven't spent much time tweaking with V4 (which is another nice change). I'll get on with this old ceremony after the addons have settled and I get a few more aircraft. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

9 hours ago, Scandinavian 407 said:

I never thought this day would come, a complete retirement of my FSX with tons of installed addons and hundreds of hours of fine tuning. But the day came and I couldn't resist, a revolution in my life of simming: a 64 bit simulator with FSX compatible and coming compatible addons, this is the future in my FS world with almost no limit regarding addon´s and visual enviroment..the name: P3D v4 :uwe_melk: . I have spent every day and hour since the release to install addons, and fine tune the visual look (I know, it´s a never ending task), and now I´m quite satisfied with the result. Only one big thing left to wait for, the release of PMDG NGX :lope_you:. I really hope for a release in the end of this week .

Enough talking, here are some pics from P3D v4:

What AI traffic are you using?

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Trimmed out unnecessary photos in quote.
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Custom airplanes custom airports custom scenery...looks great in any sim!

HLJAMES

Thanks guys!

16 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Would you share what addons you're using? Just curious.

15 hours ago, YukonPete said:

What AI traffic are you using?

Addon´s shown in my screenies are 

FlyTampa

Aerosoft 

LATINVFR

JUSTSIM 

UK2000 

Photoreal UK (made by me)

Photoreal Denmark (made by me)

Photoreal Spain (made by me)

Photoreal Luxembourg (made by me)

ORBX FTX Global + LC + Trees HD

AI Traffic - A big mix of own compiled traffic which I used in FSX. All aircrafts and textures are freeware (AIG, AIA, FAIB, EVAI etc), originally made for FS9, and customized to FSX by me and now P3D v4. The problem found was that some old legacy aircrafts don´t work at all in P3D v4, with the result of invisible aircrafts, missing parts in the model and black textures..which resulted in flashing clouds in P3D. I spent many hours to clear out the incompatible aircrafts and to replace them.

Clouds, sky, water by HDEV2, FEX, REX + Active Sky 2016 as weather engine

13 hours ago, HLJames said:

Custom airplanes custom airports custom scenery...looks great in any sim!

I have all of the above running in my FSX-SE. Let me be the first to say that my installation looks quite nice, but certainly not as great as these shots!

I was planning to make the move to P3D v4 after it had matured a bit and more addons became available, but threads like this make it hard to wait...

James

Great job Mr. Scandinavian with this pictorial and I totally agree with your V4 opinion.

Darryl

17 hours ago, honanhal said:

I have all of the above running in my FSX-SE. Let me be the first to say that my installation looks quite nice, but certainly not as great as these shots!

I was planning to make the move to P3D v4 after it had matured a bit and more addons became available, but threads like this make it hard to wait...

James

I totally agree, I have the same experience with my FSX which with these addons looked nice, but in P3Dv4 they looks certanly much much better :tongue::lope_you:..its about the dynamic lightning, colours, living and moving shadows, realistc water and waves, smoothness with no stutter, pop-up free autogen, crisp  textures with no blurries at all, and the best of all: no more monitoring and worries about "Out of Memory" during and after a longer flight....so go for it and move over to P3D v4 already by now!

17 hours ago, AA777-223 said:

Great job Mr. Scandinavian with this pictorial and I totally agree with your V4 opinion.

Darryl

Thanks Darryl!