Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado Premier?

So....any owners of this plane?  Would love to have a mini-review taking into consideration the FPS and the flying characteristics.

Stan

Am I to assume, in true Carenado fashion, there is no FADEC system in their Premiere 1A?

I can't believe I wasted good money on this worthless model of an airplane. The ONLY thing Carenado got right was the textures. They just keep reusing their dumb down version of the Proline21. No improvements since the Hawker 850XP. It ignores any altitude selected on the MCP. Even with Alt Alert activated in PREFS (Which you don't have to do in the real thing) it will ignore any preset altitude if you've made any changes in the climb preference, i.e., change to FLC. IF ALTS is not showing on he PFD it just keeps climbing/desending. That is NOT the way the real Proline21 works. I can't believe Carenado has never fixed this. By the way, FLC is worthless. It will cause the auto pilot to make the airplane porpoise up and down in an attempt to maintain a constant airspeed. Did no real world pilot test this? In addition to the unstable auto pilot and FMS, there is absolutely no attempt to model a FADEC power management system. The real Premier has only a single channel system so it can't really be called FADEC, but it works exactly the same. Carenado should take a look at the Eaglesoft Citation X, in which they've modeled the FADEC system about as close to the real thing as you can get. So it CAN be done even with the limitations of P3D. In my opinion, the sounds are terrible and nothing like the real thing. If you have ever flown a real Premier 1A you will immediately recognize that there is no comparison with the systems or flight model. If Carenado spent as much effort on their systems as they do on their textures they could have a really good product. But until people stop buying their products, nothing will change.

Is there a specific reason why you are posting the same rant 2 times in different threads?

On 8/26/2017 at 2:59 AM, J35OE said:

Is there a specific reason why you are posting the same rant 2 times in different threads?

YES! Utter frustration with Carenado.