Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Departure Prodecure

Guest steve_a

Ok, so what ways do you guys do it. Which order do you do the following things..1-Put flightplan into FSBuild (or other planning prog)2-Power up aircraft3-Put route into FMC4-Get ATC clearance5-Get taxi instructions + runway assignment6-Put departure and SID into FMCI am only asking because alot of times, FSBuild will make myplan, with the SIDs and STAR's, but ATC will tell me to go to a completely different runway.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi.Could this be anything to do with wind direction? Your flight plan may ignore wind but ATC won't. A possibility anyway!Andy.

Guest georg

It all depends on the situation, but if ordering your written steps:Power up aircraftPut route into FMCGet ATC clearancePut departure and SID into FMCGet taxi instructions + runway assignmentI don't use any additional software like FSBuild or FSNav. I put the route to FMC when the first preparation in the cockpit is done and in many cases the runway and SID can also be selected at the same time, even for the destination airfield. By looking at the weather you can guess the runways in use and if there are parallel runways, then there are usually some procedures related to them. For example at Heathrow, there's a table available where you can find whether 27L or R is in use on the specific day or if 09s, then (almost) always 09R for dep and 09L for arrival. When I fly to Heathrow, then from most European destinations LAM3A arrival is used. I insert it all into the FMC to reduce the workload when you have less time. This is also how it's done in real world, although runways in use are given in ATIS so it's easier then.In case you get different instructions from ATC and have already entered the departure to the FMC, then it's still very simple to modify the flight plan.P.S.I fly in VATSIM. If you are using the default ATC, then nobody knows what instructions you will get. It's usually pretty messed up.

Guest bobsk8

I have Radar Contact 4 so I can listen to ATIS, select my DP, program the FMC, and then get my Clearance and fly the DP after takeoff.

Guest jerrycwo4

I just installed RC4 and I love it but I am not sure of the correct proceedure. For example. Made a flight (Twice today ) from Lihue, Hawaii (PHLI) to Kahuli, Hawaii (PHOG). I used FS Build and RC4. The ATC had me departing on R35 and I remained on this heading for 46 miles, even thought the 1st way point was only about 5 miles SOUTH of the departing airport. Then approaching PHOG, at a distance of about 5 miles The ATC still had me at about 4,000 feet The airport is at sea level. Everybody lost their lunch on that approach. So the question is, with the 1st way point SO close to the departure runway, should I have made a turn (about 150 degrees) and picked up the 1st way point on my OWN , instead of WAITING for the ATC to let me make a 92 mile round trip to the 1st waypoint? This happened twice, so I guess that it was NOT a computer "burk". This is NOT the first time this problem has happened, trying to pick up the 1st way point, trying to follow the ATC to the "letter". What do you guys do? Thanks, jerrycwo4

Guest ssurjap

Jerry, you're spot on about the waypoint. If it's too close to the airport (like, practically next to it), ATC has a problem with it. Usually it's not part of the DP, so what I do is delete the waypoint and go from there.

Guest bobsk8

>I just installed RC4 and I love it but I am not sure of the>correct proceedure. For example. Made a flight (Twice today )>from >Lihue, Hawaii (PHLI) to Kahuli, Hawaii (PHOG). I used FS Build>and RC4. The ATC had me departing on R35 and I remained on>this heading for 46 miles, even thought the 1st way point was>only about 5 miles SOUTH of the departing airport. Then>approaching PHOG, at a distance of about 5 miles The ATC still>had me at about 4,000 feet The airport is at sea level.>Everybody lost their lunch on that approach. >>So the question is, with the 1st way point SO close to the>departure runway, should I have made a turn (about 150>degrees) and picked up the 1st way point on my OWN , instead>of WAITING for the ATC to let me make a 92 mile round trip to>the 1st waypoint? This happened twice, so I guess that it was>NOT a computer "burk". This is NOT the first time this problem>has happened, trying to pick up the 1st way point, trying to>follow the ATC to the "letter". What do you guys do? Thanks,> jerrycwo4It might be a good idea to try some of the tutorial flights in RC4. They show you all the features of RC4 and teach you how to use the program. After selecting the flight plan in RC4, go to Controller Info and select one of the departure procedures, either no altitude restriction or alt restriction. Then ATC will say nothing to you until you are about 40 miles out, so you are free to fly the DP anyway you want, which is as it is in real life. No need to delete any close waypoints, if you don't want to. You can also select your takeoff runway if the DP requires a specific runway.

Steve,1. Check the weather for the departing and destination airport. 2. Use FSBuild, and select the most likely departure and arrival runways, then select any DP and/or STAR with the route3. Get ATC Clx4. Program the FMC5. Get ATC runway assignment, and ask ATC for the runway you had in mind in step 2.6. If assigned rwy is different that what planned, use Dep/Arr in the FMC to enter new runway. See the other posting about reading the RC manual. Unless ATC tells you to stay on runway heading upon departure, you're cleared to follow your DP. Have funDave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library