Sign in to follow this  
Wild_South

Quick Word of Advice!!

Hi all, 

Don't worry, I am not bashing V4 at all, just letting some people know my thoughts. Last night it ended up getting the better of me, so I fell into the trap and bought v4. After installing and loading up the first flight, everything looks good, and am sure it is going to be just amazing when we have the addons available for it (not just compatible, but approved by the developers).

I found myself a bit bored after about 20 minutes, simply due to the lack of addons, and therefore immersion. So, my advice would be just hold off a month or so until it is an established sim. I am back to v3.4 for the time being for the immersion of it.

I suppose it depends on the add-ons you have/want.   

I have P3DV4 with official add-ons working already; FSUIPC, MakeRunways, Radar Contact 4.3, Orbx, A2A, PMDG, Active Sky, Envtex, FSForce, FSRealTime, Navigraph Ultimate, GSX, and a bunch of free AFCAD airport upgrades.

A few with very simple workarounds; UT Live, STB, PFPX, EditVoicePack, no big deal.  

I'm having a much more productive simulation/flight training time in V4, with higher FPS, stutter free, VAS OOM free, a much more full scene, with 100% air traffic, and not a concern in the world of a CTD because my sim can't handle all the add-ons.

I'm never going back to 32-bit because 64-bit is much more immersive for me.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, pracines said:

I'm never going back to 32-bit because 64-bit is much more immersive for me.

Agreed. The performance is simply amazing on my new rig. I've been in the shadows and not flying for 3 years. I've been monitoring AVSIM and patiently waiting for 64bit and bam! Not looking back here.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Drumcode

How did you get editvoicepack working?

Thanks

John

Not sure how that came about, I don't use it. Radar Contact here.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

40 minutes ago, pracines said:

I suppose it depends on the add-ons you have/want.   

I have P3DV4 with official add-ons working already; FSUIPC, MakeRunways, Radar Contact 4.3, Orbx, A2A, PMDG, Active Sky, Envtex, FSForce, FSRealTime, Navigraph Ultimate, GSX, and a bunch of free AFCAD airport upgrades.

In all fairness, only one addon from A2A, and only one addon from PMDG, is available at this current time. Not to mention Orbx, only Global, LC, and Regions released. Who knows when the rest will be. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

31 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Drumcode

How did you get editvoicepack working?

Thanks

John

Here's a snippet off their website. Last line is what you're looking for.

Supported flight simulators:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X – Original DVD Release

With or without the “Acceleration” expansion pack.

If your ATC text is not in English, enabling the optional ICAO or FAA phrases will result in English text mixed into your ATC text. All other features works without problems on non-English versions of FSX.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®

Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® v2

Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® v3

Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® v4

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Wild_South said:

Hi all, 

Don't worry, I am not bashing V4 at all, just letting some people know my thoughts. Last night it ended up getting the better of me, so I fell into the trap and bought v4. After installing and loading up the first flight, everything looks good, and am sure it is going to be just amazing when we have the addons available for it (not just compatible, but approved by the developers).

I found myself a bit bored after about 20 minutes, simply due to the lack of addons, and therefore immersion. So, my advice would be just hold off a month or so until it is an established sim. I am back to v3.4 for the time being for the immersion of it.

Huh? Virtually all my payware airports have been ported over. And that's a lot. All Orbx over. PMDG 777 over. My beloved Duke ported over. ActiveSky ported over. I can use my Rex Overdive textures and all. MyTraffic over. EFASS NG over. This week supposed to be PMDG 737NG over. Not sure what you're talking about. Easily forgetting OLD 32 bit 3.4 and it's OOMs.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Not sure why a few posts pop up here and there advising us not to get ver. 4 yet, cause it's too boring.

As far as I know, a lot of us are on ver. 4 and not a bit bored with it. 

Each one has their own thoughts on it.  

• Upvote 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

In all fairness, only one addon from A2A, and only one addon from PMDG, is available at this current time. Not to mention Orbx, only Global, LC, and Regions released. Who knows when the rest will be. 

Barely 2 weeks in....that's more than fair to me, and I have not been bored at all. Plus the only expense out of all I have in add-ons was for the new FSUIPC, everything else was a fast free upgrade.

BTW the PMDG 744 and the 777 are both already out...737 is next.....this is very fast customer service at its best.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Huh? Virtually all my payware airports have been ported over. And that's a lot. All Orbx over. PMDG 777 over. My beloved Duke ported over. ActiveSky ported over. I can use my Rex Overdive textures and all. MyTraffic over. EFASS NG over. This week supposed to be PMDG 737NG over. Not sure what you're talking about. Easily forgetting OLD 32 bit 3.4 and it's OOMs.

Literally nothing there is officially supported...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Why do you care if something is "officially supported" or not? In 70% of cases it will simply be repacked to new installer where instead of pointing to p3d folder manually it'll do the job automatically. Not a big difference to me. 

I don't see what's the benefits of holding off for a month or so if most addons are on their way to V4 which mean at the end I will get it. So I suppose get it now, get it tweaked, ready, and enjoy whatever avaliable.

• Upvote 2

I am having a blast loading things into my new platform and giving them a go. As new items become compliant, then it is fun getting that loaded into the sim and watching it evolve. If people want to wait, then wait, but for many of us, it is a process of building the platform up.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

A month. My timeline is "maybe" this time next year. Mine looks great,runs great, most planes are collecting dust and most Orbyx sceneries are unexplored or rarely used. Whats the point? I can understand someone running the advanced airliners and will settle for nothing but slammed right sliders or running 3 monitors at Cern level speeds.

I would rather have 2 root canals done through my ear in a dark alley by a wino than reinstall all my addons.