Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

NavData Update

So I have a question regarding FSAerodata.  I had been using Hervé Sors updates until recently when I discovered that certain updates break AI and ATC.  I literally went from decently busy skies to hardly any traffic at all.  i never put it together until I read the FAQ and saw that it reduces AI due to flight plan disruptions.  So removing it put a good amount of traffic back up for me.

I saw that someone mentioned the FsAerodata but it says ATC updates for new approaches and such.  Wouldn't this also break ATC and AI?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

FSAerodata appears to make the same sort of modifications as the Sors data does, so yes - you'd have the same issues.

DJ

Kevin, what a charming response. FS knows nothing about airways and AI doesn't either. AI knows about departure and destination airports. You might read the TTOOLS documents one day.

DJ

You might want to qualify your statement. Only AI aircraft  that are created by a BGL and operate under the sim's full control are covered under your terms. The various Ultimate  Traffic Products (UT2  and UT Live), VOXATC  and the freeware Traffic Manager 2.0 all either take control  of or control their AI. 

You might want to qualify your statement. Only AI aircraft  that are created by a BGL and operate under the sim's full control are covered under your terms. The various Ultimate  Traffic Products (UT2  and UT Live), VOXATC  and the freeware Traffic Manager 2.0 all either take control  of or control their AI. 

2 hours ago, ubersu said:

Kevin, what a charming response. FS knows nothing about airways and AI doesn't either. AI knows about departure and destination airports. You might read the TTOOLS documents one day.

DJ

You know what, I apologise for that, I read it back and it's a pretty poor post.  I was rushing to get into a physio appointment not that that's an excuse.

Mods please delete my original post

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

You know what, I apologise for that, I read it back and it's a pretty poor post.  I was rushing to get into a physio appointment not that that's an excuse.

Mods please delete my original post

:biggrin:

dj

Just now, ubersu said:

:biggrin:

dj

No need to report it I've done it already myself :) Sorry!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks Jay I stand corrected.  I have never used Ultimate Traffic or Traffic Manager.. :)

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I saw that someone mentioned the FsAerodata but it says ATC updates for new approaches and such.  Wouldn't this also break ATC and AI?

I recently did a three-month subscription to fsAerodata.  

Using MT6, I haven't seen an issue with my AI.  My airports still have plenty of traffic.  I also use UT2 for GA and it's appears to work okay also.

I've not done any real testing, so the above is just observational data.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Thanks Jay I stand corrected.  I have never used Ultimate Traffic or Traffic Manager.. :)

I was correcting dj. All those add-ons that I listed can use updated navdata. Unfortunately, the sim will only utilize updated ILS and comm data for the AI aircraft that use BGL  traffic files.

And of course, I meant AI Controller  2 in my above post.

I guess that's the confusion.  I didn't understand why VOR or certain AIRAC updates would hurt AI.  Most of those airports are still the same identifier.  Like KBUR and KSNA for example.  I flew out of there a number of times and saw like one or two planes.  Removed the free navdata changes and all of the sudden had several aircraft at both airports.  

So is he consensus that the pay site FsAerodata won't disrupt AI or maybe even ATC for special approaches? 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired