Sign in to follow this  
charliemcewan

Views In Cockpit

Hello,

I recently obtained PMDG 737-800NGX, I am working through Tutorial No 1 and after following all the guide requirements am now ready to fly with the Gatwick to Schipol flt having programmed the FMC and MCP etc etc.

Problem is I cannot get the zoom feature to work and am stuck on 0.05-% on the virtual cockpit, I cannot figure out how to get the zoom function to work without closing and opening up and starting again, I am using the default aircraft as per the tutorial requirements.

I have tried numerous key board combinations but nothing seems to work??

Any Help much appreciated.

Charlie

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Hi Charlie,

+ and - are the default zoom buttons in FSX and P3D. If you have remapped them, then you need to check what you have remapped them to. Do these keys work in other aircraft?

Hello again ref my message please be advised I am FSX SE Win 10 64 bit platform.

Charlie

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Hello Harvester 21,

Thanks for reply yes the zoom feature works great in all other aircraft including other A/C in the PMDG variants when not in a tutorial mode.

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Yes it works the same on FSX:SE check for the key assignement for increase and decrease the selection.

Also please be advised that the forum requires to sign all the posts with full names.

Finally, may I ask why you posted this on the general forum and not the NGX forum while your post is specifically for the NGX?:huh:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello,

Oh Sorry, I am a complete novice and thought posting in General Forum was the thing to do, my apologies.

My Name Charlie McEwan  (Loughborough UK)

To check key assignment do I use the FSX SE menu bar help feature?

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Just now, charliemcewan said:

Oh Sorry, I am a complete novice and thought posting in General Forum was the thing to do, my apologies.

No worries, but usually when you see subfora specific to some aircrafts or products, it usually a good idea to post related matters in the relevant forum for the sake of keeping the fora clean and tidy.

Reagarding the key assignment, go to "Options" (of the menu bar) then "Controls...".

And search in the list for "increase the selection" (for zoom in) and "decrease the selection" (for zoom out) and check or change the key already assigned.

I cannot check for the exact names of these key assignment but if it differs, you should be able t find them anyway.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

If it works in all other situations, then it should also work in this situation. What do you mean with tutorial mode? As far as I am aware, there are no save files with the tutorial.

Hi Harvester21,

What I mean is that I am ready to fly having followed the requirements of  Tutorial No 1 provided by PMDG, I am ready to go but the zoom feature is stuck on VC view at 0.50%, when not in tutorial mode /practice the zoom keys work fine (- /+ buttons) with all other FSX SE default A/C / a2a ADD ON a/c & Steam obtained add on A/C? 

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

So  what your  saying  your  loading the  flight  from the tutorial   section  of  the  sim, have  you  just tried  just loading  the ngx    from the free  flight  and  than placing  it  at the airport 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I see, indeed, what Peter said. You should load it from the free flight section.

Yes, the zoom function - / = buttons work normally, I am in the tutorial flt situation page at Gatwick runway 8 right to Amsterdam on the runway ready to go but cannot adjust zoom feature so I can see the instruments fully in the cockpit. 

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

I did load the A/C from free flight exactly following the tutorial instructions, I am in Vview but cannot zoom in or out to expose more of the cockpit instruments.

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

The problem is clear, what is unclear to me is what you mean with "Tutorial Mode"

Following the turorial from the PDF that PMDG provides does not make the simulator go into any kind of tutorial mode.

Did you try to reset the zoom level to 1.00 before attempting to zoom in or out (backspace key by default)?

It happened to me from time to time on FSX:SE.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg