Sign in to follow this  
charliemcewan

Views In Cockpit

Hello All,

It must be a window issue?, each time I use key button commands for example Ctrl + shift + enter key  which is the move eye point function nothing happens except I get the hand icon on the screen (not cursor)

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

I'm used the tutorial document to learn how to programme the FMC it comes from the operations centre documentation for new users like me.

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Are you using FSX in windowed mode? If yes, are you sure you are actually focussed on the FSX window and not to another one?

Eventually check that you don't have other programs intercepting the key strokes.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I think so yes, I am in VC View on the run way looking out of cockpit window, no other programmes are running, I have the usal fsx tool bar upper top of screen with flights aircraft world options views help, in r/h top of screen I have red text  label it says cockpit view:  virtual cockpit 0.50 Zoom

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Have you tried what Romain suggested? Press the backspace key to reset the view and then try the + and - keys again?

41 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Are you using FSX in windowed mode? If yes, are you sure you are actually focussed on the FSX window and not to another one?

Eventually check that you don't have other programs intercepting the key strokes.

Romain i  sure  the op  has  stated  ti  works  on other  aircraft  except  the ngx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yep but I'm alway a bit cautious when I read that something works on the other aircrafts and not on one in particular. Many thinks may be incriminated before suspecting a bug on the one aircraft.

It is really difficult to compare two aircrafts in the exact same conditions. Computing is so complex so that it can be really hard to isolate the different diverging factors.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

2 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Yep but I'm alway a bit cautious when I read that something works on the other aircrafts and not on one in particular. Many thinks may be incriminated before suspecting a bug on the one aircraft.

It is really difficult to compare two aircrafts in the exact same conditions. Computing is so complex so that it can be really hard to isolate the different diverging factors.

yep  agree

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If you're in the virtual cockpit and the +/- (zoom in/zoom out) buttons aren't functioning, try a left mouse click anywhere in the cockpit view. Make sure you're not hitting a control or a function key. 

This usually frees up the zoom buttons - at least it does for me when I've had this issue with the 777/747; however, I don't have the 737 NGX so don't know if the set up is different.

Bernard Walford

Dear All,

Charlie McEwan

Many Thanks for your advice etc, clearly there must be an error on my part or a bug.

Sorry to trouble you all.

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

No trouble. Let us know when it is fixed how.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

To ask a silly question, you didn't accidentally enter the keyboard entry mode on one of the CDUs, did you?  If you type other letters, do they show up on one of the CDUs?

-stefan strandberg