Sign in to follow this  
Tony747-400

P3d V4 Dynamic Lighting Issue Poss Bug

Yeah, interesting to discover.  For me, it looks like turning off all shadows and decreasing or turning off dynamic reflections altogether seemed to do the trick.  Now I can sit at the "heaviest" airports with the sliders to the right and manage.  I didn't know that dynamic lighting produces shadows and reflections as well.  Interesting little feature in this new verison;-)

John

• Upvote 1

Today I installed envtex beta and configured it accordingly. 

When I start up the 777 at night my landing and runway don't light up the run way like they used to.  I have dynamic lighting enabled as well as HDR.  I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.  I don't think that it was envtex that caused this but I really don't know what could be the cause.

989ti

16gb re am

P3D DX v4 (latest)

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

1 minute ago, Hilkiah said:

Today I installed envtex beta and configured it accordingly.

This was the item that changed between it working properly and not working properly. What would lead you to believe that this is not the cause?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not ruling it out but a  friend of mine did the same thing (installed envtex) and his lights are still working.  I will reinstall the 777 and see.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

1 hour ago, Hilkiah said:

I'm not ruling it out but a  friend of mine did the same thing (installed envtex) and his lights are still working.  I will reinstall the 777 and see.

Don't reinstall the 777 unless instructed to do so

I reinstalled this morning and the landing/runway lights are once again working.  During the reinstall, the Ops center complained about some missing textures.  In any case, I am now able to fly and enjoy night time flying.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier