Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

NO

Talk about beating a dead horse!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Come on... This question comes up every so often. It's been answered and replied so many times. By the way:

1. A poll in here isn't a (complete) picture, or doesn't necessary represent the customer base for PMDG.
  2. no matter how many times people scream, cry out, demand, ask, suggest (<-- put in any other synonym you want) for a MD-11 by PMDG, it simply won't happen.
  3. To be honest, I think there's more to the story than a simple marketing and/or sales decision. Could be copyright, failure to receive license from Boeing or a third option... 

I'm terribly sorry to be the buzzkill, but I quite frankly fail to see the point of this thread!

EDIT: To answer the poll: YES I probably would - but I don't see it happening, sadly...

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Its looking good guys,  12 people want to buy at $139.  That's just over $1600 for Robert et al.  It reminds me of the Saturday Night Live where Dan Ackroyd tried to entice the Beatles to play on the show for $38.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I love the MD-11, but this horse has been beaten to dust and during every beating PMDG has clearly answered NO.

Best answer I can think of...  HERE.  lol

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I gave up. Its not happening. Written in stone. Of course I will buy, but looks like it will have to be one in Xplane. 

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

1. no matter how many times people scream, cry out, demand, ask, suggest (<-- put in any other synonym you want) for a MD-11 by PMDG, it simply won't happen.

My vote is YES but it won't happen because the dev that spearheaded it, In the first place has gone to FSLabs where he successfully completed the Airbus that he wanted to do while with PMDG.

Nuff said?

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

YES!

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Well as an owner of MD-11X complete with the full manual set, posters, and the bonus checklist my answer is obviously yes. I know it won't happen though, and to be honest I am really looking forward to the DC-6 and the 747-8! So I think we all should look at all the great things coming in the future. Those of us with the bird will continue to enjoy it in FSX. I know at least I will.

YES ! Not only because there are still a lot of them flying, but also because it doesnt really matter if its old or not.. or how do you explain the DC-6 ? I dont even need anything new. Just an update so it works with P3D x64 and i would buy it

6 minutes ago, A32X tebs said:

or how do you explain the DC-6 ?

This has been explained quite a number of times, from the very outset of the DC-6.

Of course, since the MD-11 crowd loves to use it as some sort of "proof" for some unknown reason, let me address it yet again:

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, Budbud said:

I love(d) the MD-11 but I'm one of these guys would almost exclusively fly real flights in real time (either pax and freighter). I'm already struggling more and more to find a good choice of flights with the 747 not to say with the MD-11 which is no longer flown in pax variant.

I understand and identify with your sentiment but consider, how many DC-6's  you see cruising around on Flight Aware.

Vic green

4 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

but consider, how many DC-6's  you see cruising around on Flight Aware

Hi,

Please read Kyle's post just above your post and his post on the previous page with the long explanation of why the DC-6 was chosen.

This choice has nothing to do with the number of DC-6 actually flying.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.