Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/13/2017 at 0:02 PM, G7USL said:

My vote is YES but it won't happen because the dev that spearheaded it, In the first place has gone to FSLabs where he successfully completed the Airbus that he wanted to do while with PMDG.

Nuff said?

Wait...  Where the heck did you come up with THIS piece of fiction?

There were two developers who spearheaded the PMDG MD-11.  They are Bill Grabowski, who has since left the FS development scene, and Michael Frantzeskakis who was, is and remains a key member of the development team at PMDG.

and everything else you just said there-  that is all fiction as well...   Not the first bit of fiction I've heard along those lines either- but fiction non-the-less.

• Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I would also pay in advance or donate to a development fund. I'm serious. Just take my money, please!

Otherwise, when I die, I will get reborn as a flight sim gremlin and make William Shatner call you on the support forum:

"There......'s a... manonthewing.":laugh:

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Gents,

I'd buy a paper airplane simulation if PDMG came out with one.  They make exceptionally great products, one day I'll own everything they support for Prepar3D V4.

So, I would buy the MD-11 if it was the same quality as their other offerings. 

YES

I'm a little partial to it as my best passenger experience ever was on this aircraft many years ago - a "Internationally Configured" airplane being relocated from Boston to Dallas around 1991, the plane was practically empty and everyone could put the arm rests up and laydown across 3 seats and nap w/ a blanket and pillow (night flight).  Awesome experience.

Personally, I couldn't care less about whether or not a plane is in "real-world" service or not.  We're flying computers here, a certain amount of putting reality aside is required as it is; what is so hard about "assuming" the aircraft is still in service or that you're flying in the year 1985?

I must admit though- PDMG is keeping me busy studying their current offerings!  Deep Dive!

Mark Trainer

YES

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

In a heartbeat, YES! :biggrin:

I still prefer it over the rest, but like so many other favorites OOM's always ruined it... :nangis:

The DC-10 is why I became a commercial pilot, but they were phasing out by the time I was ready and the MD-11 was just getting started when Boeing bought out McDonnell Douglas and removed it from the production line due to its commonality with the 777. There will always be a warm place for it with me because of this.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

5 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Personally, I couldn't care less about whether or not a plane is in "real-world" service or not.  We're flying computers here, a certain amount of putting reality aside is required as it is; what is so hard about "assuming" the aircraft is still in service or that you're flying in the year 1985?

Agreed, claiming it isn't in passenger service as a reason to not want to fly or develop an FS version is silly. The Spitfire isn't a frontline warplane, but we were all gald that wanted A2A to make one for FS and we can pretend it is 1940 if we like, just as we are all pretending to be flying aeroplanes in our flight sims anyway.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Of course 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Would pay in advance whatever the selling price...

The problem, from what I understood, is actually about the licensing in P3D which seems to prevent PMDG from developing it (aside from the business aspect)

It won't happen, I accepted this a long time ago...

There is a developper for XP11 who is planning to make this bird though :)

5 minutes ago, denthibbe said:

The problem, from what I understood, is actually about the licensing in P3D which seems to prevent PMDG from developing it (aside from the business aspect)

I think Kyle was pretty clear when he said that the reason there is not going to be an update/new MD-11 is because the sales figures just did not support it. Not sure about any licensing issues that's the first I've heard of that. 

As Kyle has pointed out, PMDG know exactly how many MD-11's they sold, people on the forums do not. The number of people voting on this poll is going to be a very small percentage of the PMDG customer base.

It's just not going to happen, I think people just need to accept it and move on.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I think Kyle was pretty clear when he said that the reason there is not going to be an update/new MD-11 is because the sales figures just did not support it. Not sure about any licensing issues that's the first I've heard of that. 

Was referring to this more specifically : (he also redirects to another more general answer from Mr. Randazzo in this post)
The licensing aspect in P3D has been the very first hurdle that kept PMDG from developing for it initially, so saying that's the first time you heard of it sounds a bit strange.

And therefore I said that this could be a reason aside from the business aspect, the sales figures being the main reason I guess...

2 hours ago, denthibbe said:

Was referring to this more specifically : (he also redirects to another more general answer from Mr. Randazzo in this post)
The licensing aspect in P3D has been the very first hurdle that kept PMDG from developing for it initially, so saying that's the first time you heard of it sounds a bit strange.

And therefore I said that this could be a reason aside from the business aspect, the sales figures being the main reason I guess...

I think Kyle is more saying that the data they currently have is only licensed for entertainment use or whatever, if PMDG were to make another MD-11, it would be from scratch with all new data etc, so the license PMDG had wouldn't apply as surely they would gather data under a new license. 

• Upvote 1

From a simmers standpoint. Yes. 

But realistically speaking there is not much sense in spending so much money, time and effort on the development of a dying species that is the MD-11. While it sure is a tremendous and iconic aircraft, it's very outdated and unefficient in this day and age. From a business standpoint it would be a much wiser choice to develop something that has a future, like the 737MAX or the 787 and maybe even the 777-9/8 since the system infrastructures are very similar. 

Rotatesim are working on a MD-11 for X-plane so anyone who really wants to fly one has the opton to do this in X-plane. 

i voted no.

i want first and above a new designed b767 with pmdg look like and for fs9 ... it will not happen like a new md11 ... it didnt work, the people did not buy it, why they will do it this time ...

easier to dream on a new classic 747 ... 

1 hour ago, serviceceiling said:

While it sure is a tremendous and iconic aircraft, it's very outdated and unefficient in this day and age.

Its a workhorse of today for cargo ops. Just pull up FR24 and filter for MD11s. For PAX, clearly not. 

On the flip side, not developing only on the basis its an old aircraft now, cant be a valid reason, and there is surely other aircraft that have recently been developed or will be that are "older". Why cant we simulate the 80s era. Simulation doesnt restrict history flying. Plus some VAs have MD11s in thier listing just like other older aircraft that are not actually flying PAX today. My FDX VA seems like my route choices have been cut in half since losing the MD11. And no I dont want to maintain FSX  on top of P3D and XP11. One has to draw a line somewhere. 

The other reasons are clearly laid out, and even a poll of 20k with an 80% positive response rate, will not change their decision.

This is like an old girlfriend that dumps you and will never be back. Now im considering going to see a shrink on how to deal with it and just accept it.  Trying to explain ive been dumped by someone named MD11. I can just hear it now.... Who is MD11? Her name is Mary and shes the 11th? 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png