Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Agreed, claiming it isn't in passenger service as a reason to not want to fly or develop an FS version is silly.

Alan,

Not silly. Just a different opinion than yours! :dry:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

Alan,

Not silly. Just a different opinion than yours! :dry:

Fair enough, in my opinion it is a pretty silly reason. Nobody forces anyone to buy historic airliners for their sim, or ones which are out of service or whatever, and if there is enough demand for it, then why not? Not making one for a flight sim for that reason would be like not making a DC-3 for a flight sim because it is old, or a Flying Fortress because it isn't an operational bomber any more, or a DC-6, which hasn't been in production for over sixty years and doesn't fly loads of passenger routes these days; PMDG made one of those. In fact you could argue that it is even more of a reason to make a simulated version of something older, since you don't get many opportunities to go on a real one.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

or a DC-6, which hasn't been in production for over sixty years and doesn't fly loads of passenger routes these days; PMDG made one of those.

Twice in a single thread...

Let's see if we can go for a record. How many more people can drag the DC-6 into an MD-11 conversation, illustrating a complete lack of awareness of why, exactly, the DC-6 was made, and therefore invalidating the argument being made?

Say DC-6...one more time...

1oztqs.jpg

• Upvote 7

Kyle Rodgers

25 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not making one for a flight sim for that reason

Alan,

My answer was specifically to your first point "as a reason to not want to fly" which is to my view strictly subjective and personal and involves only the user and their way to apprehend the sim. 

The reason to develop an aircraft or not involves the developer and generally implies a much more load of factors than just the fact that it is still in service or not (may be feasibility, sales expectations, commercial logic, technical test bank...).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Kevin,

Do you believe in miracles too? Do you think you the bullets will pass around you just like Jules? :biggrin:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

34 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Do you believe in miracles too? Do you think you the bullets will pass around you just like Jules? :biggrin:

Jules?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The character of the picture posted by Kyle. A reference to the movie Pulp Fiction.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

51 minutes ago, Budbud said:

The character of the picture posted by Kyle. A reference to the movie Pulp Fiction.

I don't watch movies.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Say DC-6...one more time...

Well, since you referenced me completely out of context, and as a result, totally missed the point....

DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, :laugh:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

50 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, since you referenced me completely out of context, and as a result, totally missed the point....

DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, DC-6, :laugh:

And I thought I was the one who was about to get in trouble for saying DC-6. Looks like you're going to be in a lot of trouble now.:biggrin:

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

53 people have no idea what they're missing.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Do I have to say DC-6, Why should I write down or talk about DC-6, no reason to talk about the DC-6,

As far as I know the DC-6 is a complete different plane. So if I had to talk about the DC-6 I should start a new threat about the DC-6.

Anyway, hoping the new DC-6 for Prepar3d v4 is comming soon.

There must be a lot of threats about the DC-6 than.

May be we should start a threat about the MD11 instead of the DC-6