Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not really sure if I should laugh or cry about this thread... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Welcome to AVSIM! Great that your first post is support for the MD-11. 

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

NO, we already have one.

I generally don't like to support remakes (with the exception of the Queen) as given how niche the FS community is and how we only really have one proper high end developer (i.e. PMDG), there are still many new frames that we have not gotten that I would like PMDG to make.

Aside from my reasoning, I would not pay for a new PMDG MD-11 regardless, amazing aircraft but my virtual airline don't really fly it much anymore (as with real life).

28 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Or C. Both.

LOL! That's true. There was a third option... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2017-6-17_2-24-56-638.jpg

2016-9-5_21-40-24-619.jpg

Maybe this will generate some extra votes...   :happy:

Image above from current PC, image below from old laptop

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I really do not think that the fact that 216 people voted for an update would sway PMDG to change their mind ??

M.Hamilton

Edited by mickham
not signed
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, mickham said:

I really do not think that the fact that 216 people voted for an update would sway PMDG to change their mind ??

M.Hamilton

I agree. Makes the whole thread appear like children complaining about not getting their own way.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

Yes, release day purchase in fact just like a high quality 757 or 767.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

57 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I agree. Makes the whole thread appear like children complaining about not getting their own way.

The children complaining at least have a chance to get their own will, the "good" children flinching do not. 

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

15 minutes ago, paulopp said:

The children complaining at least have a chance to get their own will, the "good" children flinching do not. 

Eh, what? I seriously doubt PMDG is going to change their minds about this, no matter how many people post.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The time to convince them of this would have been while the MD-11 was still on sale, by persuading more people to buy it.

Those are the only relevant numbers to them (rightly so)  Hard sales figures are reliable and persuasive, a list of people posting in a forum thread are much less so.

Mark Fox

PMDG would need to either be convinced that they could produce a revised MD-11 at a very low cost/time effort such that relatively lower sales would not be an issue (I doubt this could be true) or that something has changed significantly since the first MD-11 was produced to give them reason that there would be significantly more sales now (I doubt this could be true, either - if anything I would expect less sales because of the last passenger flight).

If I were running the PMDG business - I would not think it a good idea to invest in this project.