Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

Love the MD11 but absolutely HATE FSuX.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

I flew in the real bird in the cockpit a few times and also flew it myself in a airliner sim session. The system modelling, sounds and flight dynamics of PMDG's MD11 are just outsdtanding and highly detailed. I would love to see somebody working on 64bit dlls and gauges for P3Dv4...

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

On 04/09/2017 at 11:30 PM, Boomer said:

Love the MD11 but absolutely HATE FSuX.

I half agree with you. :tongue: FSX-SE is still pretty good.

I flew the PMDG MD11 yesterday for the first time in months. Absolute joy, I'd forgotten just how good the MD11 still is. I keep FSX-SE installed alongside P3Dv4 specifically for flights like that,

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yes!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

7 hours ago, kevinh said:

I half agree with you. :tongue: FSX-SE is still pretty good.

I flew the PMDG MD11 yesterday for the first time in months. Absolute joy, I'd forgotten just how good the MD11 still is. I keep FSX-SE installed alongside P3Dv4 specifically for flights like that,

Same, but I hate myself for it...heh.

spacer.png

Rotate sim is planing a Study level MD-11 for Xplane11.

MD-11-screenshot-01-web.jpg

MD-11-screenshot-02.jpg

MD-11-screenshot-03.jpg

MD-11-screenshot-04.jpg

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Same, but I hate myself for it...heh.

Me too.

I vote Yes, but will see if the support will be anything for PMDG.  Even more than double people who have responded buy the new license, say 1000 @ 139 USD each, it's still not enough of a return for PMDG to invest (that would be my guess).  Judging by the Cloud Master, and now the J41 release, I would guess those two will make more money to PMDG than the MD-11.  In short, I am not holding high hope.  TheXP11 version is interesting but it looks like two years out from where it is at now.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I detest xplane.  I have xp9 and xpx.  Horrible sim for flying heavy metal in a commercial airline setting.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

I detest xplane.  I have xp9 and xpx.  Horrible sim for flying heavy metal in a commercial airline setting.

Glad thats only your opinion. I and many others find its brilliant! You probably don't know what you are doing! 

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

No

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:15 AM, rheinis said:

NOT saying they should make it.

NOT thinking they would even consider it.

NOT demanding anything from anyone.

But for once and for all...let's give PMDG a renewed up-to-date view of customer demand for the MD-11, after which it's up to them if they want to act on it in the future.

Reply with a  YES  if you're truly(!) willing to pay full price for a new up-to-date PMDG MD-11.

No analyses...no love stories...no "No's"... just a simple  YES

Hate to burst your bubble but this thread and poll doesn't do anything to validate your argument for the MD11. The poll isnt a true representation and if anything its totally bias towards your argument. Most people are sick of this beating the dead horse topic that is the MD11 so most don't bother even looking at it. Only the people who want the MD11 come here so your poll is bias. Only 397 votes in 4 months. I would say its not really wanted at all.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

32 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Hate to burst your bubble but this thread and poll doesn't do anything to validate your argument for the MD11. The poll isnt a true representation and if anything its totally bias towards your argument. Most people are sick of this beating the dead horse topic that is the MD11 so most don't bother even looking at it. Only the people who want the MD11 come here so your poll is bias. Only 397 votes in 4 months. I would say its not really wanted at all.

Obviously not everyone - since you're here... :biggrin:

It's true though. This poll is biased, since the vast majority of people coming in here, has an interest in (re)purchasing the MD-11. Also, I have a strong suspicion, that there's a general self-deceiving line of thought, regarding the work of 'converting' (I hate that expression, when it comes to developing existing P3D addons for P3D V4) the MD-11 for a 64-bit environment. Given, that the MD-11 is from 2008 - which makes it around 9 years old - we're most likely not talking about a small easy-to-do update of the gauges, and voila - job done. Most likely most of the code needs attention and re-writing. It would probably - and most likely - be easier to re-develop everything from scratch, which makes this a whole new aircraft. 

Given, that that the current MD-11 from PMDG had disappointing sales, I can hardly imagine, that a complete new version would sell more. 

Not to be the kill-joy here, but I really, really doubt see this happening!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Pmdg's decision(apparantly) to abandon the MD-11 is a boon for Xplane.

Many simmers are Bored of reiterations of Boeings ancient FMC system and setup. Basically every Boeing is the same. Works for airlines but not for people after interesting aircraft.

The success of the Rotate MD-80, the TFD 717 and the new Aerosoft CRJ is showing simmers are looking for new challenges and the one size fits all FMC and autoflight system of Boeing isnt that.

With an excellent MD-80 in xplane and soon the much loved MD-11 lots of simmers will make the jump to xplane to get a modern take on the Mad Dog an aircraft with a flight management well ahead of its time and today still far more advanced than any of the B or A aeroplanes.

The MD-11 is a pure powerhouse and its high approach speeds, great FMC/Autoflight system and advanced setup is something people tired of the Boeing way will turn to gladly. Far more capable in the planning and execution of flights being very similar to the Airbus system in most respects but with extra capability.

Seeing Pmdg are interested in doing the Jetstream than an MD-11 and there is already a rather incredible Dash 8 out the worlds best turbprop dominating P3D the owners of xplane will be thanking them for not reissuing the MD-11. In turn encouraging a huge number of users to jump to xplane to get their Mad Dog fix.

Darren Howie

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Given, that the MD-11 is from 2008 - which makes it around 9 years old - we're most likely not talking about a small easy-to-do update of the gauges, and voila - job done. Most likely most of the code needs attention and re-writing. It would probably - and most likely - be easier to re-develop everything from scratch, which makes this a whole new aircraft. 

Although this announcement of the JS41 does show its possible. Wasnt that aircraft from about 2009?  You would think this had its own challenges to convert. 

Nevertheless, the supposed poor sales is the holding point. 

Agree with the rest. Dont bother voting anymore. Its futile.  Instead let hope and encourage TFDI to expand the 717 and morph it into an MD11. And then theres the rotatesim MD11, so we may be able to fly it yet. Just rather have it it in P3D. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png