Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

It's been discussed to the nth degree but the parallels between the J41 and MD-11 are limited. The MD-11 was built for FS9 and before PMDG had a common development platform. Whereas the J41 was FSX native and a testbed for NGX technology so many conversion lessons have already been learned and the existing visual models can be used.

In short the MD-11 isn't really portable and requires a lot of stuff redoing, whereas in the J41 most stuff can be recycled.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Many simmers are Bored of reiterations of Boeings ancient FMC system and setup. Basically every Boeing is the same. Works for airlines but not for people after interesting aircraft.

That's really quite a generalizing statement for a highly subjective opinion.

How about putting "in my opinion" behind such statements?!

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Glad thats only your opinion. I and many others find its brilliant! You probably don't know what you are doing! 

Really? Saying he only doesn't like it because he "doesn't know what he is doing"? You're joking right? And many others find it to be horrible for flying airliners. GA is perfect for the platform but flying heavy metal sucks. The lack of addons for study level airliners is just the first problem.

• Upvote 1

There's an MD-11 coming to Xplane 11 from Rotatesim. So anyone who really wants to fly a new MD-11 has the option to do so in X-Plane. A much better platform when it comes to flight dynamics.

13 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Glad thats only your opinion. I and many others find its brilliant! You probably don't know what you are doing! 

I can say the same thing to the X-Plane enthusiasts that constantly berate P3D for no reason.

I'm still at a loss for words why, in a niche market such as flight simulation, why everyone is so hostile over why their platform is better and the competition sucks.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, richcam427 said:

I can say the same thing to the X-Plane enthusiasts that constantly berate P3D for no reason.

I'm still at a loss for words why, in a niche market such as flight simulation, why everyone is so hostile over why their platform is better and the competition sucks.

It's actually the other way around. You get these close minded people with tunnel vision who think if it's not a descendant of MSFS then its no good. They try the XP Demo for 5 min and decide they don't like and then go on the forums and tell others its no good because its not the same as FSX etc.... Anyone who actually takes the time to really try XP thinks its a fabulous product.   And for your information I've been a MSFS/P3D pilot for 32 years and I also think its a fantastic product. But I will never say one is better then they other. They are both special in there own ways.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Come on, gents! Cut it out. This whole X-Plane vs FSX/Prepar3D debate has survived more than one topic... 

It's absolutely pointless. No one's gonna win. It's a highly subjective opinion, what each person likes in a sim. Each sim, has their merits, strengths and weaknesses.

You'll never come to an agreement. Can we (at least) let that debate rest?

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Can we (at least) let that debate rest?

Magic 8 ball says...nope.

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Magic 8 ball says...nope.

LOL! You're probably right... *SIGH*

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I'm playing both with a great pleasure, there is no needs to have to chose only one ;)

• Upvote 1

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have both installed.

I'm guessing my computer will, at some point, develop its own singularity, given the amount of awful I see in, and I'll be clear here...

...this entirely stupid, and pointless, debate.

Want even more fun? Head down to the backcountry of the States and wear a Ford or a Chevy shirt, and give someone driving the opposite a weird look. Get into a debate about Pepsi versus Coke. Go on YouTube and watch all of the awful XBOX versus PlayStation videos. Go find someone who loves the beach and warm weather and get into a debate about how skiing and mountain sports are the best. These are not objective debates - they're subjective and subject to people's own opinions and preferences.

"If you don't like pineapple on your pizza, you're stupid!"
No. They're not stupid. They have different preferences. This is normal. Acknowledge that their preference is different and move on. This goes for both 'sides' of this issue. For someone who truly loves one side of an argument, you will not convince them otherwise (particularly by being salty and negative about it). For someone who truly loves the other, you will find the same. Some will see the merits of both, and by and large, everything has some sort of positive aspects to bring to the table.

There are multiple sims. This is a good thing. Don't be dumb.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/b/b1/Superintendant_Avatar_3.svg

(I'm hoping that a few of you get the reference...)

• Upvote 10

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

There are multiple sims. This is a good thing.

And yet so many don't seem to be able to grasp such a simple concept; they want their precious to be the one sim that rules them all...

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

And by that post, I think we're done for the evening...

Well said, Kyle!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Only for the evening?? 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

(I'm hoping that a few of you get the reference...)

KEEP IT CLEAN!

• Upvote 1