Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

On 9/8/2017 at 5:52 PM, Alan_A said:

KEEP IT CLEAN!

Got 'em! Nice!

(Kinda want to break out my old ODST disk now...)

Kyle Rodgers

I'd go for a Precision Manuals Flight Simulator... Perfect Sceneries, perfect flight dynamics, magic butt kicker inclusive, perfect weather engine, perfect performance and perfect user interface. I dare anyone to complain ^^

and I want an MD... oh what ever... lol

• Upvote 1

Dang I love my PMDG MD11 ... trouble is, I hate FSuX.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

Dang I love my PMDG MD11 ... trouble is, I hate FSuX.

This thread should have died a long time ago, I also love the MD11 but it's dead, PMDG don't want to hear about it anymore.  I shouldn't be contributing to this thread (I am not trying to bash the OP or anyone in this thread, and I'm no better than anyone else for participating in this thread. :P)

I believe that it should be a crime to use FSX beyond this year.  People should be locked up for using FS9 or earlier without a valid reason as well... :wink: 

Dang I want that MD in P3D though...

22 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

(Kinda want to break out my old ODST disk now...)

I hear you.

Problem is, my adrenaline tolerance isn't what it used to be.

Gotta stay within limits, otherwise I'll never survive approaches to minimums, or the Nats' postseason...

TO ALL: Sorry for the O/T, but these things are important... :cool:

15 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

I hear you.

Problem is, my adrenaline tolerance isn't what it used to be.

Gotta stay within limits, otherwise I'll never survive approaches to minimums, or the Nats' postseason...

TO ALL: Sorry for the O/T, but these things are important... :cool:

haha - no joke. I'm actually headed to the Nats game tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather is nice.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - no joke. I'm actually headed to the Nats game tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather is nice.

Permission denied, you will work on a P3Dv4 version of your fabulous MD11... :-P

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm actually headed to the Nats game tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather is nice.

Looks like you might get some (fringe Irma) showers - maybe delays but probably not a postponement.  Worth it to see a Gio start - something I wouldn't have said a year ago.

48 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Permission denied, you will work on a P3Dv4 version of your fabulous MD11... :-P

Now, now... religious obligations (like the Nats) clearly come first.

• Upvote 2

On 07/09/2017 at 10:12 PM, Anders Bermann said:

That's really quite a generalizing statement for a highly subjective opinion.

How about putting "in my opinion" behind such statements?!

Because i dont need to.

All the Bieings run the same FMC which is based on the system developed for the 737-300 way back when.

FMC's have advanced far beyond that point except for Boeings.

The list of missing features compared to the MD-11 FMC system is quite massive.

It may hurt your feelings that the Boeing system even in the 787 is the same basic system with none of the advanced planning features of Airbus or MD.

A perfect example is conducting a missed approach to an alternate. You will NEVER be cleared direct EVER. Yet all Boeings only give you the ability to get a fuel figure for that.

With RTE 2 being used for your second approach you dont have acess to a final fuel figure oherhead your destination except via direct tracking with no allowance for an aporoach and landing.

I could go on with the number of features missing even from the current Boeing FMC on the 787.

In short it hasnt changed, its been the same for over 30 years and other that its great ability to show visual information which is great its missing numerous important functions covered since the late 80's by all of its competitors.

Having flown the 717 which has the same FMC/Autoflight system as the MD-11, the Airbus A320/330 and a Pegasus FMC as per 767/757 I know them all.

The Boeingbthing is boring per se as that simmers realy need to see "why" real pilots prefer the other two in operational use.

In fact if in the reao world we could have MD's FMC combined with Boeings displays and an Airbus flightdeck you woukd literally have the ultimate aircraft.

In short the Boeing thing IS boring in simming because yes they are all functionally the same and simming gives the unique chance to view multiple aircraft easily something many professionals never get to do.

Hence why have another same same Boeing when the chance for seeing the great MD system exists?

Or just go buy the TFDI 717 and see the best system going...

• Upvote 1

Darren Howie

1 hour ago, DEHowie said:

Having flown the 717 which has the same FMC/Autoflight system as the MD-11, the Airbus A320/330 and a Pegasus FMC as per 767/757 I know them all.

The Boeingbthing is boring per se as that simmers realy need to see "why" real pilots prefer the other two in operational use.

In fact if in the reao world we could have MD's FMC combined with Boeings displays and an Airbus flightdeck you woukd literally have the ultimate aircraft.

Darren,

You're kinda hard on Boeing, I would be interested to know if you are type rated in any Boeing aircraft.  Although I was never type rated on the L1011, but have jump seated on it a bunch, it by far had the best cockpit from a pilot's perspective. :smile:

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

5 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Because i dont need to.

All the Bieings run the same FMC which is based on the system developed for the 737-300 way back when.

FMC's have advanced far beyond that point except for Boeings.

The list of missing features compared to the MD-11 FMC system is quite massive.

It may hurt your feelings that the Boeing system even in the 787 is the same basic system with none of the advanced planning features of Airbus or MD.

A perfect example is conducting a missed approach to an alternate. You will NEVER be cleared direct EVER. Yet all Boeings only give you the ability to get a fuel figure for that.

With RTE 2 being used for your second approach you dont have acess to a final fuel figure oherhead your destination except via direct tracking with no allowance for an aporoach and landing.

I could go on with the number of features missing even from the current Boeing FMC on the 787.

In short it hasnt changed, its been the same for over 30 years and other that its great ability to show visual information which is great its missing numerous important functions covered since the late 80's by all of its competitors.

In short the Boeing thing IS boring in simming because yes they are all functionally the same and simming gives the unique chance to view multiple aircraft easily something many professionals never get to do.

Hence why have another same same Boeing when the chance for seeing the great MD system exists?

Or just go buy the TFDI 717 and see the best system going...

All this may of may not be correct. Again, I reiterate my previous post. All these statements come from you. Ergo, they are your personal and subjective opinions! I would advice you - again - to put "In my (humble) opinion" after all this... 

I, really like that, in my view, the cockpit layout and FMC content and abilities are (largely) are shared across airframes on Boeing aircrafts.
Again - that opinion is purely my own, which is why I put 'I' in front of it. Notice, that I didn't write:

"Boeing cockpit layout and FMC content and abilities are (largely) the same. And it's best that way - everybody thinks so. It would be confusing and without a challenge if it weren't!"

The above would have been a highly generalizing statement, where I project my personal opinion on to all people on the planet. It's a tendency, which I really think you should refrain from, when voicing an opinion regarding a highly subjective topic. What you hate/dislike may be something someone else love... We're not all the same.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

All this may of may not be correct. Again, I reiterate my previous post. All these statements come from you. Ergo, they are your personal and subjective opinions! I would advice you - again - to put "In my (humble) opinion" after all this... 

I, really like that, in my view, the cockpit layout and FMC content and abilities are (largely) are shared across airframes on Boeing aircrafts.
Again - that opinion is purely my own, which is why I put 'I' in front of it. Notice, that I didn't write:

"Boeing cockpit layout and FMC content and abilities are (largely) the same. And it's best that way - everybody thinks so. It would be confusing and without a challenge if it weren't!"

The above would have been a highly generalizing statement, where I project my personal opinion on to all people on the planet. Which I really think you should refrain from, when voicing an opinion regarding a highly subjective topic. What you hate/dislike may be something someone else love... We're not all the same.

Why are you so upset about it? :blink:

David Porrett

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Why are you so upset about it? :blink:

I'm not upset. I'm kinda bewildered, that people can't tell the difference between a generalizing statement and a personal opinion. It's a really strange tendency, that some users constantly are projecting their own opinion onto other people just to support their own conclusion.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

22 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'm not upset. I'm kinda bewildered, that people can't tell the difference between a generalizing statement and a personal opinion. It's a really strange tendency, that some users constantly are projecting their own opinion onto other people just to support their own conclusion.

I think DEHowie is a practising airline pilot, so he probably has some insight.

David Porrett

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

I think DEHowie is a practising airline pilot, so he probably has some insight.

That might be true. And I have the upmost respect for his professional insight. But it doesn't change the fact, that his personal opinion is his personal opinion. Systems he find boring and unchallenging is purely his own subjective opinion - professional or not. Just because he works with the systems, doesn't change, that his personal views and - well personal.

I work with Windows and phone- and network-systems on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean, that my personal opinions regarding Windows is feelings and opinions everyone on the globe share. Some people like it and some people don't. Just because I - for instance - hate certain aspects of Windows, doesn't mean that it's a general feeling and I have no right to express my opinion as a general feeling and by that, pushing my opinion onto others.

Personal views, expressions and opinions are subjective.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--