Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

I was trying to forget her so one day I can finally get FSX uninstalled for good.

I know it's not in the PMDG DNA to do such things but I'd happily pay for an as-is port over to P3D. The MD-11 is such a masterpiece. I can't walk away from her.

• Upvote 1

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

1 hour ago, bob34 said:

I know it's not in the PMDG DNA to do such things but I'd happily pay for an as-is port over to P3D. The MD-11 is such a masterpiece. I can't walk away from her.

As was pointed out, the MD-11 for FSX was already a port from FS9. Do you really believe a FS9 product could be ported to 64bit P3Dv4? 

30 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

As was pointed out, the MD-11 for FSX was already a port from FS9. Do you really believe a FS9 product could be ported to 64bit P3Dv4? 

Yes I do.

• Upvote 1

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

59 minutes ago, bob34 said:

Yes I do.

So Microsoft Office XP should run on Windows 10 right? It's also 5 generation old software.

4 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

So Microsoft Office XP should run on Windows 10 right? It's also 5 generation old software.

I definitely support your point that the MD-11 at its current state is not very suitable to be ported to the P3Dv4 as the code is FS9-era. 

It's just funny that you chose the worst analogy possible as Windows is renowned for its backward compatibility. 

You can even run a 16-bit Windows 95 program on Windows 10 if you enable the correct Windows features :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hu_willy said:

I definitely support your point that the MD-11 at its current state is not very suitable to be ported to the P3Dv4 as the code is FS9-era. 

It's just funny that you chose the worst analogy possible as Windows is renowned for its backward compatibility. 

You can even run a 16-bit Windows 95 program on Windows 10 if you enable the correct Windows features :biggrin:

If PMDG made an MD-11 for P3Dv4, it could not simply be a port it would be a ground up build which is why I made my point.

True about microsoft, however Microsoft no longer supports office XP (on any operating system and definitely not Win 10), yet those requesting a port of the MD-11 will be wanting full PMDG support on any platform.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Chris. I get it. The MD-11 is old and perhaps it can't be converted easily. I also realize PMDG's standards for an ultra-high quality and comprehensive product wouldn't be met. Do I think it should be a major development effort and we go through he painful wait and previews and beta tests while the real aircraft slowly goes out of service? No.  But if they were willing to throw it out there, using code, conversions, or magic.. I'd take it without thinking twice. I'd be willing to pay and it would be one of my favorite aircraft in the hangar.
It's a solid aircraft and looks great for its age. (just like me). 

• Upvote 1

Bob Donovan - KBOS

2 hours ago, hu_willy said:

Not however, on a 64-bit Windows 10, unless you also run a virtual machine on top of it with a 32bit version of Windows 10.

Once the CPU is switched to 64bit execution, it loses the ability to run applications in real mode. (Thus no DOS or Win16 apps)

Mark Fox

Right after a 767, a 787, a 737 MAX, a ERJ, an E-Jet, maybe an A350 and a 797 (whatever that's going to be.

Dan Cole

8 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

I run Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 10 just fine.:biggrin:

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I run Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 10 just fine.:biggrin:

Ah yes but if it goes wrong will Microsoft help you?

6 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Ah yes but if it goes wrong will Microsoft help you?

I assume they wouldn't, but I haven't reached that point, and hopefully I don't. In any event, I'd rather use that than their Microsoft Office 360. Then again, half the stuff on here, they likely won't support anyhow, so....

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

This thread is getting off topic.

Yes, I would buy a new MD-11 if it was ported or designed from the ground up for P3d V4. It is still my favorite airliner to this day!

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I voted yes. But If we cannot have the MD-11 could we have a B707 instead? :)

Glen Hall