Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

For Once And For All...who wants to pay for a new PMDG MD-11?

MD-11 Poll  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an MD-11?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Please read Kyle's post just above your post and his post on the previous page with the long explanation of why the DC-6 was chosen.

Yea, I know. Didn't go through the whole thread before posting. Jumped the gun.

Sorry,

Vic G.

Vic green

4 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Laudable gesture unfortunately this "poll" would not bring any significant results because as stated several times by PMDG's staff, the people expressing themselves on that forum are only a fraction of the PMDG loyal customers (to what extend though?)

I love(d) the MD-11 but I'm one of these guys would almost exclusively fly real flights in real time (either pax and freighter). I'm already struggling more and more to find a good choice of flights with the 747 not to say with the MD-11 which is no longer flown in pax variant.

By the time the MD-11 would be brought to the P3D v4 standard (which I think would imply a complete new rendering just like the QOTS II), who knows how many MD-11 freighters would still be flying if any?

So for me it would be NO, sorry! :blush:

I think out of the minority of the customer base expressing this, it is even a smaller minority who gives a crap about "real flights only"...

I have got no clue about how many users fly real flights. 

My first point was that the proportion of the users who read and post on the forum may not be the majority of the customer base, therefore a poll on the forum about wants the MD-11 may not represent the opinion of the majority of the customers.

My second point was only me expressing why I would not buy a MD-11 now which is my personal point of view that I would in no case try to report on others.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Yes!!

but PMDG is not the only high quality developer. Maybe it will happen now that we're on 64 bits, maybe not. We will see

18 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Yes!!

but PMDG is not the only high quality developer. Maybe it will happen now that we're on 64 bits, maybe not. We will see

Did I hear some one faintly whisper TFDi?

• Upvote 2

Vic green

YES, definitely. PMDG made quality addons and who would mind seeing a good MD-11 on the market?

But I think we have to think about if developers really have the enough time and energy to bring her back in P3D V4. They are still working very hard on the DC-6 and NGX, give them time working on other products that are announced, the past is the past.

ATS and Rotate have been working on the X-Plane MD-11 project for quite a while. If you enjoy flying the MD-11 you can expect flying it in X-Plane ;)

Cheers,

Gordon.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

2 hours ago, Roadburner426 said:

Well as an owner of MD-11X complete with the full manual set, posters, and the bonus checklist my answer is obviously yes. I know it won't happen though, and to be honest I am really looking forward to the DC-6 and the 747-8! So I think we all should look at all the great things coming in the future. Those of us with the bird will continue to enjoy it in FSX. I know at least I will.

Ditto..................guarded YES..................But very mcuh doubt it will see the light of day.

Yes. Miracles do happen, even in FS.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Voted no. I wish you Yes voters luck of course, but I'm a bit like the airlines, i.e. not really interested in the MD11 either. Personally, I'd rather see either an older jet which was a bit more of a classic such as a DC-8, Convair 880 or even an Ilyushin IL-62, or, a very new unusual one such as a Sukhoi Superjet or Comac C919. And yeah, there's more chance of the MD11 than any of those showing up for a flight sim lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

51 minutes ago, Chock said:

rather see either an older jet which was a bit more of a classic such as a DC-8

There is one from Just Flight, Alan, but I will agree with you on this one.

6 hours ago, rheinis said:

Reply with a  YES  if you're truly(!) willing to pay full price for a new up-to-date PMDG MD-11.

No analyses...no love stories...no "No's"... just a simple  YES

I'm not really sure what good it would do to have a thread with biased responses by limiting what you could respond with. In any event, I personally would not pay for an MD-11 as this is not an aircraft that interests me.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Voted yes, although I really don't see the point of the poll.  PMDG is not going to do a remake of the MD-11, as much as I would love to see it updated for FSX-SE, FSW, or P3Dv4.  That said, I do hope somebody out there takes up the mantle at some point - I have had many great flights in the PMDG MD-11 over the years.  (Kind of wonder if this might be a job for those guys who did the 717 recently, as there is some commonality between the systems used on both.)

5 hours ago, YukonPete said:

NO

Talk about beating a dead horse!

+ 1

David Porrett

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I understand and identify with your sentiment but consider, how many DC-6's  you see cruising around on Flight Aware.

Please read the post I linked to.

I swear...the next person who says "well the DC-6 [...]!" is getting the banhammer :dry:

(The above is a joke, but that's not to say I'm not tired of the point that is not a point.)

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not really sure what good it would do to have a thread with biased responses by limiting what you could respond with.

The No-sayers are completely irrelevant in this thread. It's about letting PMDG know how many people DO want to buy it.

If it ends up in 500.000 "No" vs 10.000 "Yes", then it's up to PMDG if they are willing to produce it for those 10.000  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit