Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

AI Carriers and P3D v4

Anyone gotten it to work?

I just get errors.  FSUIPC5 is installed.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Anyone gotten it to work?

I just get errors.  FSUIPC5 is installed.

I was thinking about posting the same question but back then ...when I use to play with v3.

So you telling me you had it working all this time, in your v3 ?!? :ohmy:

I'm pretty sure it worked in v3.

Javier's Nimitz and Ike work in v4.

I implemented the Carrier Tracks 1 and 2 as well in v4.   Although it doesn't look like the carrier is moving.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I installed Henrik Nielsen's AI Ship Traffic on P3D v4 and the only problem was the wave of the ships in the sea bad
displayed but it depended that in Options-Application-World - Water and Bathymetry Water Detail was in Ultra
instead with High all right.

5 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

I'm pretty sure it worked in v3.

Javier's Nimitz and Ike work in v4.

I implemented the Carrier Tracks 1 and 2 as well in v4.   Although it doesn't look like the carrier is moving.

Oh how ? :s_bgt:

I could swear I have tried all the options, watch all the videos but nothing helped, I was never able to use ai carriers in ANY P3D. And if you think I done something wrong, mind you, it worked perfectly in my FSX.

I have the Net version of AI Carriers installed and its working as it should. I havent had a chance to get the Ike and Nimitz installed yet but the default carrier is working with AICarriers2.

I have never used the exe.xml to start the program with the sim. I always started it via a shortcut on the desktop.

6 hours ago, RobPol471 said:

I installed Henrik Nielsen's AI Ship Traffic on P3D v4 and the only problem was the wave of the ships in the sea bad
displayed but it depended that in Options-Application-World - Water and Bathymetry Water Detail was in Ultra
instead with High all right.

If you're about a vertical wake there is a fix that worked. It is one of the wake effect files but I don't recall what the fix was.

I think the fix for the wake is on AVSIM library

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 hours ago, gamer19 said:

Oh how ? :s_bgt:

I could swear I have tried all the options, watch all the videos but nothing helped, I was never able to use ai carriers in ANY P3D. And if you think I done something wrong, mind you, it worked perfectly in my FSX.

Boomer just tested using the aicarriers.net in this link.  Works perfectly.  Just tested it myself.  

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11293.0

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 14/06/2017 at 7:19 AM, ctec1 said:

I have the Net version of AI Carriers installed and its working as it should. I havent had a chance to get the Ike and Nimitz installed yet but the default carrier is working with AICarriers2.

I have never used the exe.xml to start the program with the sim. I always started it via a shortcut on the desktop.

Hi ctec1,

Would you mind laying out the steps you took to get aic.net installed and working?

Cheers

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

4 hours ago, Uteman said:

Hi ctec1,

Would you mind laying out the steps you took to get aic.net installed and working?

Cheers

The install instructions lay out exactly how it should be done. 

This is what you add to the exe.xml which you can open and edit using notepad.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>REPLACE WITH YOUR PATH TO AICarriers.exe</Path>   
  </Launch.Addon>

If this is your last entry make sure this line below is right after it.  May have to move it from its current position.  I have more than one entry because there are entries for AS16 etc. 

</SimBase.Document>

The REPLACE WITH YOUR PATH TO AICarriers.exe, you just put in there the path to wherever you have your AICarriers.exe file

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hey Mark, it works fine for me in Windows 10.  Why don't you post your exe.xml file and I'll take a look.

Here it is, I'm using Windows 10 Build 1803, 64-bit, P3d V4.2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA2\ezlauncher.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VFXCentral</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\VFXCentral\VFXCentral.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>P3Dv4</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

delete

Edited by beachdog2001

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized