Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

P3v4 CTDs

For the most part I am enjoying V4 when I dont get a CTD.

After a flight anywhere from 2 to 6 hours with PMDG I will click on a knob or a gauge or use the keyboard to change views and it CTDS and leaves no error in Event viewer or APP Crash.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

In Win 10  it's extremely rare for an app to disappear and not leave a crash log under application events. When this happens it's usually hardware related. It could be a bad RAM chip, a failing hard drive, etc..

I suppose that I should also ask how much physical  RAM  is installed and whether you have a large enough Windows swap drive.

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

In Win 10  it's extremely rare for an app to disappear and not leave a crash log under application events. When this happens it's usually hardware related. It could be a bad RAM chip, a failing hard drive, etc..

I suppose that I should also ask how much physical  RAM  is installed and whether you have a large enough Windows swap drive.

16GB RAM running on Win7. FULL Specs are listed below.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Try installing this freeware app and after a crash see what it says. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

i understand his problem, because i have the same problem, not always but regulary

i have some cdt with no event available, with appcrashview too

i suspect a problem with simconnect because all my software are install in a network laptop, and i often need to restart as16 for V4 because the sim and as don't communicate, pro atcX too.

Frédéric Giraud

This maybe nothing more than coincidence but after disabling the nvidea audio driver (which installs if you choose the default install method),  I have not had any CTDs. Am i ready to say this was the culprit? No, but it is a possibility.

Mario Di Lauro

13 minutes ago, tamsini said:

This maybe nothing more than coincidence but after disabling the nvidea audio driver (which installs if you choose the default install method),  I have not had any CTDs. Am i ready to say this was the culprit? No, but it is a possibility.

The only time you need the nvidia HD audio to install is if you are using audio via the HDMI output. On my system it screwed up my regular audio. I will never use the default install again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

The only time you need the nvidia HD audio to install is if you are using audio via the HDMI output. On my system it screwed up my regular audio. I will never use the default install again. 

Thanks Bob. I was actually wondering what this did. 

Mario Di Lauro