Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavianaviator

"you do not have permission to install new files on this computer"

Hey all. Again, again, again, i am having some problems after installing a scenery where i am getting this weird error saying i need administrator log on to complete the scenery installing. I have P3D running as admin, yet i still get this dumb message.

I hope someone can help me :/

https://prnt.sc/fjb8es

What OS? What anti virus? Are you running the install as Administrator? Where do you have P3D installed? Dedicated folder or ProgramFiles(x86)?

Try disabling your antivirus temporarily then right click on the installer and select Run As Administrator and see what works.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What version of windows are you running and have you tried turning off any anti virus you have installed? VGbaron, you and  I posted at the exact same time, you can delete mine. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You might receive this message if you have not run the installer as administrator.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

What OS? What anti virus? Are you running the install as Administrator? Where do you have P3D installed? Dedicated folder or ProgramFiles(x86)?

Try disabling your antivirus temporarily then right click on the installer and select Run As Administrator and see what works.

Vic

Anti virus is Windows Defender, and it is turned off. And yes the install was also ran by admin. P3D is installed on my D: drive, and yes dedicated folder. 

2 hours ago, Harvgordon said:

You might receive this message if you have not run the installer as administrator.

Regards,

Gordon

I reinstalled the scenery and made sure it was install as admin, same thing.. 

3 hours ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

I reinstalled the scenery and made sure it was install as admin, same thing.. 

I know, but did you run the P3D installer as admin? 

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

6 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

I know, but did you run the P3D installer as admin? 

he said he did, and if it is on the D Drive, shouldn't make a difference. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

he said he did, and if it is on the D Drive, shouldn't make a difference. 

Sorry I didn't read the last post, thank you for the reminder.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Hello

There are a number of reasons for this to happen, but these 2 are very common.

1- Before installing the scenery right click on the "exe" oe "zip"file and under properties make sure to "unblock it" before running or extracting it as administrator. Also make sure you have full admin rights on the destination folder.

2- Did you run the windows cleanup program and selected all options? (Serious BUG in windows 10, as it may mess up Windows defender and your security settings)

4 hours ago, Kabronicus said:

Hello

There are a number of reasons for this to happen, but these 2 are very common.

1- Before installing the scenery right click on the "exe" oe "zip"file and under properties make sure to "unblock it" before running or extracting it as administrator. Also make sure you have full admin rights on the destination folder.

2- Did you run the windows cleanup program and selected all options? (Serious BUG in windows 10, as it may mess up Windows defender and your security settings)

Hey there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unblock it"?

I have never run the windows cleanup program, i did do a full windows reinstall a couple of months ago when i bought P3D.

Check your windows user, verify that it is in the administrators group.

Check Windows user groups/administrators, check that your user is in that group.

10 minutes ago, kakusso said:

Check your windows user, verify that it is in the administrators group.

Check Windows user groups/administrators, check that your user is in that group.

It is indeed in that group.. :/

When I first installed P3D 3.4 on WIN 10 I had to manually give my user account read-write access to the main P3D folder.   P3D installed under a different account.  This could also be an issue with access to the P3D config files.

P3D V4 installed fine after that.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I had a similar issue recently that ended up being some corrupt system files. I couldn't install or uninstall ANY program, not just my flight sim stuff. I can't find exactly the tool that I used from the MS website that resolved the issue. It was some sort of system file check repair. This was on Win 10.

Chris