Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Around LOWI in Aerofly

Aerofly laughs at doing scenery like this with full shadows at over 100fps.

Now Imagine VR.........

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136813-around-lowi-in-aerofly-fs/

hZwgc1rCeZSe6WH593d9b6cb9fd8.jpg

Pk3CeoJCAnp6xN3593d9b762a61f.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

certainly looks incredible. Looking forward to it!

The quality of atuogen (?) of those houses, buildings, roads in these screenshots probably are the best in any flight sim today?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Looking great!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow,,, totally awesome!

27 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

The quality of atuogen (?) of those houses, buildings, roads in these screenshots probably are the best in any flight sim today?

I don't think that's what you would officially call autogen: afaik the houses in the LOWI scenery are all hand placed objects. Afaik autogen is objects being placed using some sort of automated system.

Now if Aerofly could catch up with systems modeling, we might have a real contender. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I agree those buildings etc are likely hand placed, but I really would like to see they develop a system that can automatically place ground objects based on OSM or by recognizing houses on photoscenery. Did Frence VFR developed some kind of methods of automating the 3D objects placement for their FSX/P3D scenery? Never bought their products though. 

Google maps mow have incredible 3D objects mapped in many areas. Too bad they probably will never share their database with flight sim community/business.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Wow,,, totally awesome!

I don't think that's what you would officially call autogen: afaik the houses in the LOWI scenery are all hand placed objects. Afaik autogen is objects being placed using some sort of automated system.

The buildings, that correspond to the original FSX/P3D points of interest are hand placed, but then miles of the surrounding are Ipacs/Orbx ortho-autogen, much as you will eventually see around Meigs.

FTX INNSBRUCK for AEROFLY FS2 FEATURES:

- Innsbruck Airport recreated in full HD detail

- Full 2500 square km coverage area

- Sloped runway! A key feature of AF FS2

- Ultra-crisp terrain textures. Defined mountains, roads and rivers all the way to the horizon, no more blurries.  

- Incredible performance on even mid-range systems - far superior to FSX/P3D

- Amazing Virtual Reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness, best-in-class.

- Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains

- Complete autogen system - a major new feature previously unseen in AeroFly FS, expertly designed by the team at IPACS

- Volumetric grass 

- Crisp and accurate shadow engine

- Dozens of landmarks, POI and features, including two heliports. 

- Stunning atmospheric engine perfectly suited to VFR flying.

The building autogen system is entirely new, being built from the ground up by IPACS in preparation of LOWI. The core infrastructure is now ready and being improved all the time - but at the end of the day the placement of buildings/vegetation relies solely on the quality of the source material.

Hi guys, to explain further; IPACS have been working on the generic vegetation and (new) building system, and ORBX have been utilising this new system to create detailed autogen at LOWI. The core system from IPACS is not the final output content, ie don't expect ultra-HD quality building placements to appear around the entire AF2 world with this update, but rather it is the ability for developers such as myself to create that final content. To use an analogy; IPACS have just invented lego bricks, it's now up to developers to build houses with them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't exactly understand what IPACS actually has done. It seems that IPACS developed a system that can be used by developers to quickly make customized autogen houses/buildings, but what about their placement on the ground?

Speaking of atmospheric engine in FS2, I still think XP11 looks the best in the lighting department. FS2 is the second. P3D v4 is crap in terms of lighting, a total turn-off. 

27 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Speaking of atmospheric engine in FS2, I still think XP11 looks the best in the lighting department. FS2 is the second. P3D v4 is crap in terms of lighting, a total turn-off. 

Agreed. One of my biggest problems with FSX-based sims always has been the lack of sunlight. Things always look cloudy and somehow dull, even with shadows like in P3D. In Aerofly there really is light.

I agree the lighting is great, but do wish iPACS would add a gamma slider in the options.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

7 hours ago, pugilist2 said:

I agree the lighting is great, but do wish iPACS would add a gamma slider in the options.

You could always ask on the forums......

But then everyone would ignore the sliders and find some way to use enb....... 

Devons rig

On 6/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, J van E said:

Agreed. One of my biggest problems with FSX-based sims always has been the lack of sunlight. Things always look cloudy and somehow dull, even with shadows like in P3D. In Aerofly there really is light.

I agree...sunlight splashing across the instrument panel...looks totally real in XP11 and AF2.  FSX and P3D, even v4...not so.

At the recent FlightSimCon I had a chance to experience this at the ORBX booth using their Oculus VR system. Even with the current resolution of VR it was an incredible experience. I'm mainly a hard core P3d person but I will be adding Aerofly 2 and VR shortly.

Dave