Sign in to follow this  
bozflyer

777 Prepar3d v4 ILS Parked and blown Brakes on Landing

Hello everyone!

I'm finding somewhat the same issues described here and in other topics: slightly more friction when taxiing and what particularly find annoying, after a long haul flight, when landing having the brakes overheated and tyres deflated as they accumulate temperature much faster than they used to do. Also, like some other members have pointed out, I'm finding too that i'm unable to disengage the autobrake by pressing the dot key after rollout when the aircraft decelerates below 70 or 60 knots, just like I used to do many many times before. By the way, I mostly use autobrake 1 or 2, and seldom 3 (I think I've only used level 4 a very few number of times when testing the 777's landing performance after release of the first version), therefore I wouldn't expect that under these conditions the aircraft experiences such strong deceleration and subsequently the rising brake temperature, with the ending result of a general tyre deflation.

From my own experience, I can tell I don't have P3D v4 yet, so I'm still on v3.4. I haven't changed any of my hardware (Saitek X-55) and I haven't modified my FSUIPC settings at all. In fact, my only change in the sim has been updating the 777 to the latest release, which is compatible with v4, although I still use it on v3.4. That said, to me it appears that all signs lead me to think that these issues are as a result of the recent PMDG's update to the 777. Obviously I'm not an expert in this matter, and don't know how the friction works in V4 in contrast to V3. However, I believe that there are a number of users which are experiencing this problem besides me. Additionally, it seems that this is happening either in V3 and V4 without distinction. As such, I tend to think that this weird breaking action and friction is a result of the update, and not the users' various configurations, specially when this has been reported by a significant number of users.

I've not opened a support ticket, as I think that topics like this one, will attract PMDG's team attention into this matter, and will revert the situation to the previous 777's behaviour as it worked very well before.

Thanks very  in advance much for reading and for your interest.

12 hours ago, José Ignacio Rodríguez said:

Hello everyone!

I'm finding somewhat the same issues described here and in other topics: slightly more friction when taxiing and what particularly find annoying, after a long haul flight, when landing having the brakes overheated and tyres deflated as they accumulate temperature much faster than they used to do. Also, like some other members have pointed out, I'm finding too that i'm unable to disengage the autobrake by pressing the dot key after rollout when the aircraft decelerates below 70 or 60 knots, just like I used to do many many times before. By the way, I mostly use autobrake 1 or 2, and seldom 3 (I think I've only used level 4 a very few number of times when testing the 777's landing performance after release of the first version), therefore I wouldn't expect that under these conditions the aircraft experiences such strong deceleration and subsequently the rising brake temperature, with the ending result of a general tyre deflation.

From my own experience, I can tell I don't have P3D v4 yet, so I'm still on v3.4. I haven't changed any of my hardware (Saitek X-55) and I haven't modified my FSUIPC settings at all. In fact, my only change in the sim has been updating the 777 to the latest release, which is compatible with v4, although I still use it on v3.4. That said, to me it appears that all signs lead me to think that these issues are as a result of the recent PMDG's update to the 777. Obviously I'm not an expert in this matter, and don't know how the friction works in V4 in contrast to V3. However, I believe that there are a number of users which are experiencing this problem besides me. Additionally, it seems that this is happening either in V3 and V4 without distinction. As such, I tend to think that this weird breaking action and friction is a result of the update, and not the users' various configurations, specially when this has been reported by a significant number of users.

I've not opened a support ticket, as I think that topics like this one, will attract PMDG's team attention into this matter, and will revert the situation to the previous 777's behaviour as it worked very well before.

Thanks very  in advance much for reading and for your interest.

Yes I agree !!

this is especially good reading for Mr. scandinavian13 member that repetely say thats "our" bug and not PMDG's...

I was the one who opened this post and still trying to understand why my 777 now cannot land in normal procedure without blowing wheels and brakes,,

i boght 777 since first release and never had that problem.

Last night i re-installed X52 drivers and re-calibrated my hardwere with new Dead Zones.. now i'm going to re test a flight and see what happens

Paolo Bozzetti

1 minute ago, bozflyer said:

Hi,

I think you should submit a ticket to the support along with all people that have that issue. It will much more efficient than a thread in this topic even if some guys from PMDG may read the threads on the forum.

Submitting a ticket will get the issue tracked in the support system.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

4 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

I think you should submit a ticket to the support along with all people that have that issue. It will much more efficient than a thread in this topic even if some guys from PMDG may read the threads on the forum.

Submitting a ticket will get the issue tracked in the support system.

I WIll do it NOW.

Thankyou for the advice

Paolo Bozzetti

For all who read in this topic, I opened a Ticket to ask support

I will write here when there will be any news from the support/development team

Paolo Bozzetti

Did three flights this weekend. Today was the first time I used autobrakes 2. The results:

Friday: landing at MPTO, Vref 137, idle reverse thrust and manual braking - no issues, 

Saturday: landing at EHAM, Vref 137, idle reverse thrust and autobrakes 1 - no issues (brake temp value was 1.1 after landing).

Sunday: landing at HTKJ, Vref 137, idle reverse thrust and autobrakes 2 - brake temps through the roof and tires deflated

Marc ter Heide

The same is happening to me upon touchdown, autobrakes 2, Vref 140, idle reverse thrust at Denver.

I have the 777x since 2013 with FSX, 2015 with P3D, and this started happening with P3DV4, never happened before. This last landing at KDEN I actually disconnected the autobrake earlier than in other instances of V4 in the landing roll, and managed to keep my tires OK although the brake temp was already high and joyfully rising.

Checked my controllers, and there are no conflicts, only one of them actually have braking input (or any control whatsoever). FSUIPC5 is the free version.

Santiago de Larminat

Yeah guys, same problem here. I own the 777 in P3D V3 and never had this problem. It's happened four time to me in V4. FSUIPC is setup the same way in V3 as it is in V4. 

Turns out, I was wrong. I didn't see the issue on my setup for some reason (perhaps a beta version where we'd already corrected it). My apologies.

There's an update to correct this:

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Turns out, I was wrong. I didn't see the issue on my setup for some reason (perhaps a beta version where we'd already corrected it). My apologies.

There's an update to correct this:

Very Good !!

Adesso NON sei più un cazzone !

Thank you 

Paolo Bozzetti

Hi "klimpen",

If you have an ILS parked issue, the first step is to check that you have properly selected an ILS approach in the DEP ARR page of the CDU for your destination airport.

One trap is that when pushing the DEP ARR button of the CDU while you are in climb, less than 400nm from the origin airport and nearer to the origin than the destination, you will get the arrivals and approaches for the origin airport.

Would you select an ILS there without noticing that it is the origin airport, you would get the ILS parked issue at destination even with an ILS selected.

Please be aware that forum rules require you to sign all your posts with full names here.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 26/6/2017 at 8:03 PM, Budbud said:

Hi "klimpen",

If you have an ILS parked issue, the first step is to check that you have properly selected an ILS approach in the DEP ARR page of the CDU for your destination airport.

One trap is that when pushing the DEP ARR button of the CDU while you are in climb, less than 400nm from the origin airport and nearer to the origin than the destination, you will get the arrivals and approaches for the origin airport.

Would you select an ILS there without noticing that it is the origin airport, you would get the ILS parked issue at destination even with an ILS selected.

Please be aware that forum rules require you to sign all your posts with full names here.

Thank you ! 

..yes it was my mistake during route setup in FMC

Paolo Bozzetti

On 6/14/2017 at 8:11 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Make sure to go back in and set your brakes up in FSUIPC5. It doesn't automatically pull your FSUIPC4 settings.

Set the sim to send a reversed axis indication. Set FSUIPC to have a null zone at the bottom to filter out any application of the brakes. Without that, your brakes are dragging, and/or set full force, and, well...eventually hot brakes are going to fail things.

Turns out I am getting a brake temp warning on the 777 and 747 now since the new installers came out. Still on v 3.4. I have hardware for my brakes. Trying to do what you said in this post. Not understanding what you mean by sending a reverse axis? I currently have the brakes calibrated through fsuipc and then sent to the sim. What do you mean by "at the bottom"? What page in fsuipc are you on where you do this? 

Eric 

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

Turns out I am getting a brake temp warning on the 777 and 747 now since the new installers came out. Still on v 3.4. I have hardware for my brakes. Trying to do what you said in this post. Not understanding what you mean by sending a reverse axis? I currently have the brakes calibrated through fsuipc and then sent to the sim. What do you mean by "at the bottom"? What page in fsuipc are you on where you do this? 

You're getting that because your hardware is not configured properly, probably because what I wrote earlier isn't understood. I'm not saying that to be mean, but configuring hardware means you've interacted with what I mentioned earlier, so you should be familiar with the terms. All the same, brake pedal setup isn't entirely logical, so I can't fault you too much.

A reversed axis is exactly what it sounds like. If you open the calibration screen of your brakes (the default, Windows one), you'd see that, when the brakes are "off" (not pressed down), the screen shows a big red column at 100% (if you press the pedal, the column drops from 100% to 0%). Think of your throttle for comparison: when it's "off," the throttle shows 0%. By default, your hardware brakes "rest" at the "off" position, but send a signal of 100%. The sim, of course, expects a reasonable "off" value of 0%, so you tell the sim that the axis is reversed (the 100% signal is really 0%). This is a check mark on the right side of the Controls menu. Paradoxically, this also flips where the sim sets the NULL zone...you know...because more logic. In reality, you want the null zone near the "resting" or "off" state to filter out any signal noise while the axis is at rest. When you tell the sim that the axis is reversed, the null zone gets reversed as well (in the case of the brakes, sets a null zone on the side of fully depressed brakes - you really want it at fully off brakes).

This is where FSUIPC comes in (where you can actually set both a low side and a high side null zone if you want). Do not assign the axis there - assign it in the sim directly, and tell the sim to reverse it, as mentioned earlier. From there, process it on whatever the tab is in FSUIPC (I can't remember the name specifically - if you search this exact same topic and my user name, I know I've posted it about a dozen times, so it's bound to be in there). Step on one brake pedal and it'll show up as the active axis in the window. Depress the pedal ever so slightly and observe the value in the window change. Click SET. Do the same for the other pedal, with an effort to ensure that the other pedal's value is the same before hitting SET.

Since none of this is directly related to PMDG, if you need further explanation, I'd suggest a hardware section of the forum.

Kyle Rodgers