Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

New York test flying in 4K (B77L)

Spectacular pics Michael!

I'm glad to see other's enjoying V4 with our new-found smoothness and enhancements!  I don't have DD NYC (yet), but I can only imagine your experience flying around Manhattan in V4 vs previous versions leaves you pretty much breathless? 

Thanks for posting all those great pics...I'll be honest and say I don't even want to leave the sim long enough to process screenshots to post...I'm that enamored with it!  I thought it took too much time to post the last 2 topics I've posted here in the last week and besides...no screens can capture the true feeling of bring in the sim at 4k on a 55 inch 4k TV!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great looking shots of New York City!

HLJAMES

Thanks very much, Michael, been looking out for that !  :cool:

Looks amazing of course but i was hoping to see those red fps digits there at the top left of the screens... Could you please tell us a bit about that ? Most important, isn't it. I bought the package the minute it was released but even with the later released patch i have only enjoyed the slide show. No fly-zone whatsoever ( i7-4960X@3.60;GTX 1070;16GB; 30"@2560x1600;W7)

I have been checking many big cities in P3Dv4 (all default FTX Global and all FTX Europe sceneries), like London, Paris, Istanbul, Athens, Moscow to great satisfaction ( autogen extremely dense. Now, with this wonderful autogen and amazing smoothness i'd almost say who needs more... ) but i'm very reluctant to try DD NYC on account of being heavely dissapointed (not about the scenery but about the fps/smoothness).

Besides, unlike most of the Drzewiecki Design cities and airports, NYC does not have the P3DV4 compatibillity stamp attached yet (according to the DD website). One could argue what the reason would be for that ?.... What's your view on that, Michael ? 

In any case, could you please let us know some of the fps counts you might've seen during your flight above DD NYC?... 

Thanks so much !

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

20 hours ago, Javiz said:

Thanks very much, Michael, been looking out for that !  :cool:

Looks amazing of course but i was hoping to see those red fps digits there at the top left of the screens... Could you please tell us a bit about that ? Most important, isn't it. I bought the package the minute it was released but even with the later released patch i have only enjoyed the slide show. No fly-zone whatsoever ( i7-4960X@3.60;GTX 1070;16GB; 30"@2560x1600;W7)

I have been checking many big cities in P3Dv4 (all default FTX Global and all FTX Europe sceneries), like London, Paris, Istanbul, Athens, Moscow to great satisfaction ( autogen extremely dense. Now, with this wonderful autogen and amazing smoothness i'd almost say who needs more... ) but i'm very reluctant to try DD NYC on account of being heavely dissapointed (not about the scenery but about the fps/smoothness).

Besides, unlike most of the Drzewiecki Design cities and airports, NYC does not have the P3DV4 compatibillity stamp attached yet (according to the DD website). One could argue what the reason would be for that ?.... What's your view on that, Michael ? 

In any case, could you please let us know some of the fps counts you might've seen during your flight above DD NYC?... 

Thanks so much !

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks but the FPS that my system can handle without any issue at all is actually shown in my first post :cool:

25HZ meens i sustain at all times25FPS in this area and more important absolute stutterfree and smooth ride (including FSDT KJFK)

DD New York is 100% compatibel w P3Dv4 (simmarket updated the installer)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks a lot for your reply, Michael. Didn't know about the updated installer so thanks very much for the tip too ! 

In a nutshell, i'm getting average 12 fps over Manhatten so about half of your score but i'm not surprised of course. If i'm not mistaken this could be the most demanding scenery for any flightsim ever. And i still have extremely dense autogen (one wants it all, naturally..). Also normal texture size and even with that building textures are being redrawn 'on the fly' everytime i change view angle.

Another thing is that the installer says that it can't find P3D in the registry and then quits. Period... So i installed the FSX version in a fake FSX folder and added it to the P3Dv4 scenery lib manually. So it could be (hope so) that i'm not looking at the patched P3Dv4 version atm. I have asked for a solution in the DD forum.

Did your DD NYC installer have a problem finding P3D too in the registry ?... 

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jan

Jan

1 hour ago, Javiz said:

Thanks a lot for your reply, Michael. Didn't know about the updated installer so thanks very much for the tip too ! 

In a nutshell, i'm getting average 12 fps over Manhatten so about half of your score but i'm not surprised of course. If i'm not mistaken this could be the most demanding scenery for any flightsim ever. And i still have extremely dense autogen (one wants it all, naturally..). Also normal texture size and even with that building textures are being redrawn 'on the fly' everytime i change view angle.

Another thing is that the installer says that it can't find P3D in the registry and then quits. Period... So i installed the FSX version in a fake FSX folder and added it to the P3Dv4 scenery lib manually. So it could be (hope so) that i'm not looking at the patched P3Dv4 version atm. I have asked for a solution in the DD forum.

Did your DD NYC installer have a problem finding P3D too in the registry ?... 

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jan

Jan Wrote:

Well i just tested with the Queen  (PMDG747-400) and must admit this one is taxing my system a little harder. Not by much so disabling Dynamic Lighting maintained the goal of 25FPS the whole flight.

The DD New York scenery is updated at least on Simmarket with dedicated P3Dv4 installer when you run the .exe.

So if you bought it somewhere else it must be just about time.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Awesome!  So question since you're in 4K.  I post my screenshots at 1024 x something or other.  I do this because it's the native size the forum accepts.  Do my shots look super tiny then on your monitor?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

The DD New York scenery is updated at least on Simmarket with dedicated P3Dv4 installer when you run the .exe.

Yes, i bought the initial version at Simmarket too so i just re-downloaded the file. Almost sure now i have downloaded the same old file from 2014 (DRZ-NYCX_V1.2.zip). Also almost sure this is not the name of the file you downloaded and installed ?  

Confusing...  I'll talk to Simmarket about it.

Thanks anyway, Michael !

Cheers,

jan

Jan

2 hours ago, Javiz said:

Yes, i bought the initial version at Simmarket too so i just re-downloaded the file. Almost sure now i have downloaded the same old file from 2014 (DRZ-NYCX_V1.2.zip). Also almost sure this is not the name of the file you downloaded and installed ?  

Confusing...  I'll talk to Simmarket about it.

Thanks anyway, Michael !

Cheers,

jan

Mine is Just New_York_City_X.exe (v.2.25)

Os4oPSs.jpg

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Holy Mother Of All Flightsims! This is incredible !!  :ohmy:  

Ok,i got wise and checked the new NYCX package at Simmarket. Proved as owner of the original NYCX i needed to pay 12 euro to get the upgraded package.

Now this is something completely different to say the least !! I'm getting an average 30-35 fps with extremely dense autogen. Unbelieveable!!   :biggrin:

Ok, it's in the humble Tiger Moth but in my FS Book that's just the way to enjoy this utterly amazing piece of work the most.

nycxp4_1.jpg

nycxp4_2.jpg

nycxp4_3.jpg

nycxp4_4.jpg

Bit of a bumpy road to get there and i don't know about everybody else but i've been flightsimming ever since the days of FSII on a Commodore 64 and with this completely stutterfree and supersmooth flight over New York City i feel i have finally arrived where i could only dream of all these years and actually never thought i'd live to see the day this would ever happen. Well, it did and it is today !! Hurraaay !!! I have everything my little flightsimming heart ever desired now ! ( Ok, and a PMDG P3Dv4 compatible DC-6 if it's not too much trouble, please..)  

Thanks again for the tip, Michael. You've made my day, week, month and year ! (Ok, not to forget LM and DD.. ) :biggrin:

cheers,

jan

Jan

1 hour ago, Javiz said:

Holy Mother Of All Flightsims! This is incredible !!  :ohmy:  

Ok,i got wise and checked the new NYCX package at Simmarket. Proved as owner of the original NYCX i needed to pay 12 euro to get the upgraded package.

Now this is something completely different to say the least !! I'm getting an average 30-35 fps with extremely dense autogen. Unbelieveable!!   :biggrin:

Ok, it's in the humble Tiger Moth but in my FS Book that's just the way to enjoy this utterly amazing piece of work the most.

nycxp4_1.jpg

nycxp4_2.jpg

nycxp4_3.jpg

nycxp4_4.jpg

Bit of a bumpy road to get there and i don't know about everybody else but i've been flightsimming ever since the days of FSII on a Commodore 64 and with this completely stutterfree and supersmooth flight over New York City i feel i have finally arrived where i could only dream of all these years and actually never thought i'd live to see the day this would ever happen. Well, it did and it is today !! Hurraaay !!! I have everything my little flightsimming heart ever desired now ! ( Ok, and a PMDG P3Dv4 compatible DC-6 if it's not too much trouble, please..)  

Thanks again for the tip, Michael. You've made my day, week, month and year ! (Ok, not to forget LM and DD.. ) :biggrin:

cheers,

jan

Glad Jan. 

Yep P3DV4 is really shining 

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Glad Jan. 

Yep P3DV4 is really shining 

Thanks Michael Moe