Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Migration Tool now supports P3Dv4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Wow.  That was unexpected seeing that the last version update was from over a year ago.  I thought the developer abandoned the product.

Reading from their Website he did abandon it. By selling it.

I am not sure if I should start using it again, though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I had very good luck with the EMT back with earlier versions of Prepar3D, but word to the wise...

Use extreme caution with any addon installer that may wish to write to a configuration file. If your installer doesn't respect the new file encoding standard being used by P3Dv4, you run the very real risk of borking your installation in a new and fantastic way.

Be careful out there, folks!

• Upvote 1

I ran in trouble only once when an early version kindly installed the Vistamare module into my Prepar3d2 and I had a hell of CTDs. I know, they fixed this later,

But shouldn't we reach a state where these dirty tools will become obsolete? I already have Tongass Fjords, Vancouver and Victoria running, these were my main candidates for the tool. I doubt you can migrate elaborate planes/gauges into 64 bits using this thingy.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, greggerm said:

I had very good luck with the EMT back with earlier versions of Prepar3D, but word to the wise...

Use extreme caution with any addon installer that may wish to write to a configuration file. If your installer doesn't respect the new file encoding standard being used by P3Dv4, you run the very real risk of borking your installation in a new and fantastic way.

Be careful out there, folks!

a BIG +1

Considering the messes I had to clean up with the old version where P3D was more relaxed, I shudder to think what could happen with the new suggested add-on requirements.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I grabbed the new version, installed.

Now I sit wondering, should I use this tool on something. You guys have scared me....lol.

I did the backups thingee already, it has backed up all the pertinent folders, and sub-folders

AppData>Controls>SimObjects configs>Substutions>Temp

My documents

Program Data - including several that I made under these

Root install folder > autogen, BASE scenery, Shaders

OK here goes, I'll give it a shot on something.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

If you have 32 bit gauge  DLLs  in your aircraft, don't expect them to work. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you read the warnings on the home page for the migration tool, they say that:

"Because of changes to Prepar3D v4 configuration files, it is possible that some addons will corrupt them during installation. Please report them on the forum to help us identify extent of the problem."

So they fully admit they haven't yet finished the virtualisation technology to all handle encoding issues:

"It is an early version and advanced protections are not yet available."

I wouldn't let this virus intentionally run on my computer.  It might get something done for you easy, but there is always a better way to do it.  Then when you are done with EMT if fails to clean up its mess.  Why bother?

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

i am curious if it works with all my aerosoft airports, i won't be touching my planes until they are updated

Picked my first migration.

RealAir Turbin Duke V2.

Pros....everything seems to be working except now switch sounds.

Cons...the Panel config seems to be a separate installer and did not work. I'm looking into this.

However the install took seconds.

Bryan

Oh and by the way I am totally aware of the other lengthy thread on installing the Duke.

Near CAM3

Hello 

If you are a beginner to flight simulation and you are reading this comment,  Please do not use this tool as it can possibly mess your Prepar3D Install up beyond repair,  even worse it can also possibly corrupt your windows operating system   (You have been warned) 

If you have some experience in flight simulation (medium user)  Maybe its best to look for alternative Install methods before using this Tool,  If you decided to use this Tool,  Use it with Caution   (You have been advised) 

If you are an experienced flight simulation enthusiast (old hand)   *snigger*  Well now what are you's like eh !  Ooohhh afraid to move around a few files eh !  Ooohh how do you spell regedit !   All that  "one click and your done" laziness, That's so booring  (Real simmers Install manually) 

Thank you :) 

• Upvote 6

I used the old version alot, but then eventually opted to install FSX planes in to P3D manually. I would NOT use this with v4. Too many unknown variables in my opinion.

Now you have really scarred the heck out of me.

I bought this thingee some time ago, and when it came out heard the same sorts of dire warnings. So I left it unexplored.

Just thought I would give it a go. But telling me that my operating system might be corrupted...that's enough for me to throw it in the garbage. I could not handle that....unless.

If a have restore points, will that mitigate any corruption issues I'm wondering?

Near CAM3