Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

FF 767-300ER (X Plane 11) Autopilot Issue - Please Help

I was learning to operate my recently purchased FF 767-300ER for X Plane11 and all was going well until one day the auto pilot stopped engaging..

I can no longer get the LVAN or VNAV to engage and stranger yet when I just take off with or without a flight plan programmed in the FMC I can't even get Altitude or Heading Hold to work  even if I disengage the autopilot and re-engage it. I have read countless forum topics and watched videos regarding the programming and autopilot execution and I am quite sure I am following all the appropriate procedures for programming the FMC, trim and flaps settings, allowing the proper alignment of the internal navigation systems, assuring everything is turned on, watching all the appropriate indicators etc. I have tried starting with engines running and cold starts using the auto checklist and performed the maintenance in case of failures and much more. Regardless of what I do when I engage the autopilot I get a yellow warning "autopilot" on the display and nothing happens. I was able to make several flights fine for a couple weeks and then the issue arose seemingly out of nowhere. The only thing I might be able to correlate it to was a manual nav  database update I did but I have since put it back to the original. Additionally my Eclipse 550NG's autopilot works fine (before and after the nav database update) and the X Plane 11  737 works fine I can program the FMC and fly/land with autopilot. I have even uninstalled the 767-300ER and reloaded it from a fresh unzipped copy still no luck.  Again I have followed detailed U-Tube videos for the step by step as well as have had people over to walk me through the process still no autopilot capability and remember it did work fine in the beginning so something has changed or been corrupted possibly within X Plane 11, but all other aircraft work fine??

Has anyone seen an autopilot issue like this and/or have any suggestions I am out of ideas at this point.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Sounds like a persistent failure that is going undetected. Turn off failures and reset them in the iPad menu. Also perform maintenance on the ground. Also make sure the XP failures are disabled. 

Hi, just checking but did you install the required Microsoft C++ libraries ?

can you attach please some screen captures when the problem is going on? also attaching your xplane log.txt file found on xplane root folder may help to see if any conflict is arising there.

please attach some screen captures of all of the cockpit and the fmc legs page when you try to engage.

if you use a yoke/joystick try disconnecting it upon takeoff, if ap works well your hardware is noisy on the potentiometers and overriding ap. try increasing nullzone on xplane.

Manuel Merelles

9 hours ago, sizziano said:

Sounds like a persistent failure that is going undetected. Turn off failures and reset them in the iPad menu. Also perform maintenance on the ground. Also make sure the XP failures are disabled. 

Thanks for the reply but I've done that several times and even reloaded the entire aircraft

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, michelh said:

Did you check the update with your X-Updater-Client?

Yes. Thanks for the reply

Joe

7 hours ago, deetee said:

Hi, just checking but did you install the required Microsoft C++ libraries ?

Yes I have and remember it worked for several flights before the issue.

Thanks for your reply

Joe

1 hour ago, mmerelles said:

can you attach please some screen captures when the problem is going on? also attaching your xplane log.txt file found on xplane root folder may help to see if any conflict is arising there.

please attach some screen captures of all of the cockpit and the fmc legs page when you try to engage.

if you use a yoke/joystick try disconnecting it upon takeoff, if ap works well your hardware is noisy on the potentiometers and overriding ap. try increasing nullzone on xplane.

I will send you the files when I get back on my sim.

I'm curious if my hardware all of the sudden became noisy won't that cause isssues with the autopilot and FMCs on othe aircraft, the problem is only with my FF 767-300ER? I use a Saitek x52 stick and throttle, Saitek peddles, and Saitek panels with SPAD.next as a programming tool.

Additionall there are no discontinuities or issues with my route causing this I have used several flight plans and even no flight plans to just try to get the autopilot to work, but I will do my best to send you the screen captures you request.

Thanks

Joe

4 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Problem Solved !!

It turns out it was my trim wheel.

I had assigned my Saitek Trim wheel using Lvar commands in Spad.next and it must have been sending some noisy inputs, when I unassigned the trim wheel all is well again.

Thank You all  so much for the help I really like the FF 767-300ER and am back to trying to master it.

BTW I am also liking what I see in X Plane particularly high altitude flying and on the ground airports with the airports add-ons.

Sincerely

Joe

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

Problem Solved !!

It turns out it was my trim wheel.

I had assigned my Saitek Trim wheel using Lvar commands in Spad.next and it must have been sending some noisy inputs, when I unassigned the trim wheel all is well again.

Thank You all  so much for the help I really like the FF 767-300ER and am back to trying to master it.

BTW I am also liking what I see in X Plane particularly high altitude flying and on the ground airports with the airports add-ons.

Sincerely

Joe

great to hear! yes makes sense, your problem seemed like a hardware sending noise overriding AP.

Manuel Merelles