Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Must Load Default Aircraft First

In P3D v4 i can spawn right in 747 if the fsuipc isnt installed, if its installed i have to spawn in on the default plane first then switch to the 747, i've read that there's issues with fsuipc that they are hopefully working on 

John C

11 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Better yet, code a complex aircraft that depends heavily on SimConnect, and set it as your default, and then let me know how that one works out for you, too. I'll then welcome you to the club of apparent idiots who "don't know how."

This sparked my curiosity. What exactly is the problem here? Or to rephrase, what exactly do the "default" (or more correctly, those not using SimConnect) aircraft do that initializes the variables, or whatnot, and that cannot be done elsewhere? I am sure it's not laziness, but I am just curious.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:12 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Then set a complex plane that requires SimConnect as the default and lemme know how that works out for you...

Better yet, code a complex aircraft that depends heavily on SimConnect, and set it as your default, and then let me know how that one works out for you, too. I'll then welcome you to the club of apparent idiots who "don't know how."

It seems that there are two different things being said here. 1) Setting a default "scenario"  where a payware aircraft is used  2) Loading the sim with said default aircraft at the default airport before then switching aircraft to the payware aircraft and choosing an airport. 

I was referring to number 2. It is not required as harvester pointed out and says as much in your documentation or am I reading it wrong?

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

It seems that there are two different things being said here. 1) Setting a default "scenario"  where a payware aircraft is used  2) Loading the sim with said default aircraft at the default airport before then switching aircraft to the payware aircraft and choosing an airport. 

I was referring to number 2. It is not required as harvester pointed out and says as much in your documentation or am I reading it wrong?

No  2  is  correct

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 6/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, Slayer said:

All that I have to do is pick any airport and set the default F35 there.  Afterward load the PMDG747.

If I load the PMDG747 from a scenario that I creat, it will load correctly.

It's not a big problem at all really.  The problem is that I forget to load the default aircraft first, then I have to shut down the sim and start over.

11 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

It's not a big problem at all really.  The problem is that I forget to load the default aircraft first, then I have to shut down the sim and start over.

why not  set  the f35  as  the  default  aircraft  so everytime  your  sim loads with the  f35  all the  time,  or  is  this  not  possible  in p3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

why not  set  the f35  as  the  default  aircraft  so everytime  your  sim loads with the  f35  all the  time,  or  is  this  not  possible  in p3d

The way that I have it, the opening screen will open with the F35, then I pick the aircraft that I want to fly and the airport I want to start at.

Most of my aircraft will load fine after I pick them from the list and load with them, but that is not the case with the PMDG 747.  With it, I have to actually load the F35 at the gate, then switch to the PMDG747.

If I go ahead, without thinking, and select the PMDG747, I will have to restart the simulator.

Robert when I load up the sim with default scenario, then select the 747 and load up the sim, my aircraft also starts with black screens and none of the cockpit configuration adjustments. I then have to wait a LONG time (you'd think the sim had crashed, but it hasn't) before the simconnect then kicks in and the aircraft loads up properly. This kind of thing doesn't happen on the 737 or 777 in FSX, but with QOTS in P3D I'm finding it takes an unnaturally long time for the PMDG initialisation to kick in. I think this is what you may be experiencing, so my advice would be load it up as PMDG reccommends, the aircraft loads up with no screens/anything working etc. and no initialisation, go and make a preflight cup of tea and then come back to it and it will load - it just takes much longer than normal. No idea why.

3 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Most of my aircraft will load fine after I pick them from the list and load with them, but that is not the case with the PMDG 747.  With it, I have to actually load the F35 at the gate, then switch to the PMDG747.

2 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Robert when I load up the sim with default scenario, then select the 747 and load up the sim, my aircraft also starts with black screens and none of the cockpit configuration adjustments.

Robers & John,

I know this was an issue when P3Dv4 first came out but I think it's been resolved for most people after various updates. Can you both confirm that you've updated the 747 to the latest version via the Operations Center and that you're also on the latest FSUIPC (now v. 5.102)?

Walter Meier

2 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I'm talking about P3D v3, actually, but v4 is the same - I'm all updated and don't have FSUIPC in v4

Sorry, John. Obviously misread your post. As you know, you shouldn't have to load a default aircraft first for it to work properly. In fact, PMDG recommends the opposite. With my very limited knowledge, I'm guessing there's an issue with one of the Simconnects. I've solved some simconnect issues by uninstalling them from the Control Panel and rerunning the 3 msi files again. But better yet might be submitting a ticket to PMDG. It sounds like a frustrating issue; hope you can resolve it soon.

Walter Meier

No that's fine - it's not actually a big problem for me at all, I'm just saying that it takes the aircraft a long time to load, and that I suspect that Robert is experiencing the same thing I am, but instead of leaving it to load, he (quite understandably) thinks the aircraft has crashed or not loaded properly when he just has to wait a bit.