Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Approach and Lift Dump

A few quick questions:

1.  Can somebody please explain how to properly operate the lift dump system?  Is it an automatic (squat switch weight on wheels) type function?

It does the same thing as the speedbrake switch correct or is this the same kind of lift dump that we see on the hawker?

Can its function be assigned to a button via fsuipc?

2.  I was on approach to KPHX this evening under APR mode (runway 7L).  When the GS centered the aircraft did not capture it (It captured and followed localizer perfectly up until that point).  I tried pressing APR again to wake it up at              which point the plane veered off the  localizer and started diving.  Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong and why it wouldn't capture the GS? 

Ok that was a lot more than a few quick questions, sorry............thanks for any help you can give

Novej757

Jevon 

The autopilot is screwed up.  Most of the problems can be fixed by commenting-out the pop-up autopilot in the panel.cfg file and only using the VC autopilot.  I haven't taken the time to find the problem, but it definitely lies in the "CARPROLINE21_390IA!autopilot_bezel.xml" file.  Probably better for Bert or Ray to troubleshoot.  I am a total beginner at xml. 

The lift dump can be programmed by way of a FSUIPC macro. 

1. Open a blank text file and name it "390_Dump.mcro"

2. Paste the following, and only the following, into the file

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set

3. Save the file to the "Modules" folder in FSX/P3D, the same folder with FSUIPC.exe

4. Start the simulator and the P1A.  Using FSUIPC, assign a switch or a button or even an axis.  When the pop-up window appears, select "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP" and set the parameter.  Set 1 to deploy the lift dump and set 0 to retract it. 

You can do the same thing for the spoilers.

"390_Spoiler.mcro"

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_SWITCH_EMB505_SPOILER=Set

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

The autopilot is screwed up.  Most of the problems can be fixed by commenting-out the pop-up autopilot in the panel.cfg file and only using the VC autopilot.  I haven't taken the time to find the problem, but it definitely lies in the "CARPROLINE21_390IA!autopilot_bezel.xml" file.  Probably better for Bert or Ray to troubleshoot.  I am a total beginner at xml. 

The lift dump can be programmed by way of a FSUIPC macro. 

1. Open a blank text file and name it "390_Dump.mcro"

2. Paste the following, and only the following, into the file

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set

3. Save the file to the "Modules" folder in FSX/P3D, the same folder with FSUIPC.exe

4. Start the simulator and the P1A.  Using FSUIPC, assign a switch or a button or even an axis.  When the pop-up window appears, select "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP" and set the parameter.  Set 1 to deploy the lift dump and set 0 to retract it. 

You can do the same thing for the spoilers.

"390_Spoiler.mcro"

[Macros]

Not enough thank yous in the world for this post 🖒🍻

Jevon 

Here is how Carenado describes the Lift Dump system in the 390 Premier 1A. It is totally manual on the real world 1A models.  You have to press a button to engage, flip a switch to unlock and then move the Lift Dump lever to engage.  The handle should change color from white to red.

Regards,

Ray

lift dump.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Novej757 Thanks a lot for the macros. The spoiler macro refers to EMB505. Its the right way? The spoiler macro don't appears in the select FSUIPC windows.

Thanks again

9 minutes ago, edzunu said:

Novej757 Thanks a lot for the macros. The spoiler macro refers to EMB505. Its the right way? The spoiler macro don't appears in the select FSUIPC windows.

Thanks again

Yeah @whamil77 can you explain this a liittle more in depth please:

Start the simulator and the P1A.  Using FSUIPC, assign a switch or a button or even an axis.  When the pop-up window appears, select "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP" and set the parameter.  Set 1 to deploy the lift dump and set 0 to retract it.

Jevon 

Yes, i do that way and works ok for the lever lift dump macro. The spoiler macro is for premier aircraft or for emb505? It's the spoiler macro the one that does not appear in assign window.

14 minutes ago, edzunu said:

Yes, i do that way and works ok for the lever lift dump macro. The spoiler macro is for premier aircraft or for emb505? It's the spoiler macro the one that does not appear in assign window.

Im sorry I don't think you understand what Im saying.  I can't get the lever lift dump macro to work, can you explain how you got it to work please?

Jevon 

8 minutes ago, edzunu said:

The Premier uses the same code as the EMB505 for the spoilers. 

Note that the macros must be two separate files, one for the Dump and one for the Spoilers.  You cannot put two macros in the same document.   Please carefully check the spoiler macro for errors.  Here it is again, copied straight from mine.

Title of file: "390_Spoiler.mcro"

Contents of file: 

[Macros]

If those are correct and the two files are in the correct location, I don't know why it doesn't show in the menu. 

1 minute ago, Novej757 said:

Im sorry I don't think you understand what Im saying.  I can't get the lever lift dump macro to work, can you explain how you got it to work please?

How do you want to do it, button, switch, or axis?

Just now, whamil77 said:

How do you want to do it, button, switch, or axis?

joystick button or keyboard if thats better.....

Jevon 

OK.  to do that will require two buttons or keys.  One to deploy and one to retract.  Is that OK?

1 minute ago, whamil77 said:

OK.  to do that will require two buttons or keys.  One to deploy and one to retract.  Is that OK?

Yes sir thats fine!

Jevon 

OK. I'll assume you got the two macros built and loaded into the modules folder with the FSUIPC.dll file.  I also assume you have a registered copy of the payware version of FSUIPC.  It won't work with an unregistered version. 

Start the simulator and select the Premier.  Get it running on the ramp or runway.  Select FSUIPC from the "Add-ons" Menu at the top of the screen. 

Make sure the Premier has its own profile.  Go to the "Buttons and Switches" Tab.  How are you doing so far? 

3 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

OK. I'll assume you got the two macros built and loaded into the modules folder with the FSUIPC.dll file.  I also assume you have a registered copy of the payware version of FSUIPC.  It won't work with an unregistered version. 

Start the simulator and select the Premier.  Get it running on the ramp or runway.  Select FSUIPC from the "Add-ons" Menu at the top of the screen. 

Make sure the Premier has its own profile.  Go to the "Buttons and Switches" Tab.  How are you doing so far? 

I have one macro loaded in modules (only because I don't really care about the speed brake one) do I need both?

Everything else Im right there with you.....

Jevon