Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Approach and Lift Dump

OK.  As long as the name ends in ".mcro" it should be good.  It really is a text file but the .mcro extension tells FSUIPC how to use it. 

The only other thing I can think of is making sure you are up-to-date with FSUIPC4.  I don't know at what point the macros were introduced.  If it's an older copy that functionality may not be present.  

I am going to dinner.  I'll check back later. 

3 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

OK.  As long as the name ends in ".mcro" it should be good.  It really is a text file but the .mcro extension tells FSUIPC how to use it. 

Hmm ok  so I guess my original was good then.....its name ends in .mcro to (shrug)....  LOL

Jevon 

1 minute ago, whamil77 said:

The only other thing I can think of is making sure you are up-to-date with FSUIPC4.  I don't know at what point the macros were introduced.  If it's an older copy that functionality may not be present.  

I am going to dinner.  I'll check back later. 

Hey thanks for your time and efforts!

Jevon 

FIXED.  I had to go to my computer settings folder option and turn off filename extensions.  Once I did that I could see the .txt at the end of the original file name.  I deleted that portion of the filename and got the "are you sure" message @whamil77 said I would.  After that everything is working as I programmed.   Only thing I don't like is the lift dump lock doesn't work this way but thats minor details.  Special shot out to the man of the hour @whamil77!  Thank you good sir!

Jevon 

Excellent!  I was thinking....  If you don't want to tie-up two buttons you could try changing the "Set" in "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set" to "Toggle"  It might allow you to use one button that toggles each time.  Just set it up the same way but there is no need to enter anything in the Parameter. 

Anyway, glad you got it working.  I didn't even think of it because I have had the extensions showing for years on my machines. 

• Upvote 1

whamil77 sorry bother you but spoilers mcro stills no appear in selection window. Only appears dump macro. Any idea??

1 minute ago, edzunu said:

whamil77 sorry bother you but spoilers mcro stills no appear in selection window. Only appears dump macro. Any idea??

My suggestion would be to make a copy of the Dump macro that is working properly, rename it "390_Spoiler.mcro" and change the data inside from  ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP to ASD_SWITCH_EMB505_SPOILER. 

It has to be a formatting problem since one is working and the other is not.  Other than that, I have no other ideas.  Sorry....

22 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

Excellent!  I was thinking....  If you don't want to tie-up two buttons you could try changing the "Set" in "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set" to "Toggle"  It might allow you to use one button that toggles each time.  Just set it up the same way but there is no need to enter anything in the Parameter. 

Anyway, glad you got it working.  I didn't even think of it because I have had the extensions showing for years on my machines. 

Yup Toggle works perfectly now thanks once again!

Jevon 

Thanks to all who helped out, I'm using this too and I'd never figured it out without all the detailed instructions!

Jim

I agree with Jim. Thanks to all who helped out with the macros.I would have never have figured  it all out without  fool-proof instructions.

I still don't have it totally figured out, even with the hand holding.  I have to hold the button down to keep the Lift Dump spoilers extended.  Isn't it suppose to be one push to extend Lift Dump and 2nd push of the button to retract?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

-> L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set

Instead of "set"  write "toggle" so that it looks  like this :->  "L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=toggle".

Once you done that assign a button (let's say X) to the macro.

So now you hit X once and you extend the thing. You hit X again and you retract it.

Hope it helps some.

I will try to put together a tutorial on making FSUIPC Macros.  Maybe tonight...maybe this weekend.  I'll put it in the "Prepar3D Tips, Tricks and How To's" forum.