Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

P3D v4 getting lots of crashes

Im loving P3D, but am getting so many crashes, and almost all have been kernalbase.dll failures. Anyone know how to fix this. This has ruined 2 long hauls I was a few hours into...

Nick Hesler

Simple guess: you have FS9 code somewhere in your installation. For example: using a FS9 model as AI traffic or as AI ship traffic, your P3Dv4 will crash. I recently installed a scenery not compatible with v4, crash. And so on. If you are now telling me that you use your P3Dv4 completely naked without any addons, well then, this is probably not the case...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This is a helpful post.

I've had a couple of the kernel.dll crashes, so it could be the UTLive I've installed. Maybe some FS9 models in that floating about?

My own fault, it's not P3D v4 ready yet but does work with Poppets hack.

In the meanwhile, bye bye UTLive.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

UTLive in its original form most probably only has FSX-native models. Same was already true for UT2, which is older. It might be that you have upgraded UTLive with your own models and textures?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hello,

With Prepar3D crashes (CDT)  You have 3 Options ............

1) Hopefully somebody might drag enough information from you about your set up to help Diagnose the Issue

---------

2)  Create a Topic in the CTD Forums and also Include a Crash Report  (Important) OR Include the Report in this Topic and i will move it to the CDT Forums 

-------

3) Delete the generated files, Note: This action will disconnect your Add On's.  After you do this launch Prepar3D and test in a Default state insuring stability at this stage with no Add On's.  Then Introduce your Add On's back slowly and test as you go along to try and Isolate the Issue 

To Delete the generated files,  Navigate to your Prepar3D v4 Install folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left click on the File Delete generated files

Hello Mark

That depends of what you have Installed.

Give me some examples.............   

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

UTLive in its original form most probably only has FSX-native models. Same was already true for UT2, which is older. It might be that you have upgraded UTLive with your own models and textures?

I wish I was that clever!

It's just a vanilla install.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

9 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello Mark

That depends of what you have Installed.

Give me some examples.............   

Well I have installed some airport scenery in an external folder and then used the Lorby-SI program to add them in using XML.  I actually have not looked at the XML file to confirm this is how they are added vs. just adding to the scenery.cfg but I assume this is the case as this is the intention of the program.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Although I like the .xml way of adding sceneries, it seems that P3Dv4 is unable to renew its scenery library as soon as there are more than 15 entries in the addon.xml. So no, I will not add my sceneries this way...

Greetings, Chris

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Although I like the .xml way of adding sceneries, it seems that P3Dv4 is unable to renew its scenery library as soon as there are more than 15 entries in the addon.xml. So no, I will not add my sceneries this way...

I haven't heard that. What leads you to that conclusion?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Statement from the owner of simmershome.de. Obviously he experienced this and it seems that LM acknowledged the bug and is investigating it. I see if I can provide you the link (if available).

Greetings, Chris

Well, my P3Dv4 has only v4 addons, and those are:

FreemeshX

ORBX Global + couple of Regions + LC EU+NA + Trees

UTX Europe and NA

Some FSDT Airports

Some FlyTampa v4-patched airports

PMDG 747 and 777

And I get kernelbase.dll crashes.

Haven't been many.

And, since I stopped using AS16, there have been none, however didn't fly that much without.

I guess I would have to do more test-flights to ascertain.

20 hours ago, MarkW said:

Well I have installed some airport scenery in an external folder and then used the Lorby-SI program to add them in using XML.  I actually have not looked at the XML file to confirm this is how they are added vs. just adding to the scenery.cfg but I assume this is the case as this is the intention of the program.

Hello Mark,

The "Delete generated file" Task will only remove the 3 Prepar3D v4 folders in ProgramData, AppData and Roaming it does not remove the Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder.

If your running a Sim with only Add On's that are only launched from the add-on.xml file and you are having Issues ,  You could just Click and Drag these add-on.xml files to your desktop, In addition to that you would still run the Delete generated files Task as even on a default Setup sometimes stuff just gets a little messed up

Well, i have these kernel.dll errors too and i dont have any traffic addon installed, nor installed any addon that is not yet v4 compatible. Now of course it could be the scenery devs still use that fsx models in the v4 addons. Wich would be a bit, well, funny i think.

Also the method to dettach all addons is understandable and of course probably the only real way to tell. But its basically not doable for some people. I have this kernel.dll problem maybe on 1 of 5 flights and i have maaaany addons installed. And most of the time it doesnt happen fast, it rather near the end of the flight. This is a pretty bad testing scenario i would say. So how many flights one have to do to find the error this way is pretty much undoable.

BetaTeamB.png