Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Flight Ontario Greater Toronto Landclass?

Hi,I just installed Flight Ontario's airports and greater toronto scenery. Flightsim Manager reports that TOmaster4_8_1_1csu.bgl in the Toronto2/scenery directory (which has a texture directory) contains landclass data. Is this a problem? Should I move it to one of the landclass directories for the software?Thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Well I followed Flight Ontario's instructions to a T and it works fine here.I fly almost exclusivly to and from the area all the time with no problems.

Like I said. I have that file in the same location as you and have had no issues with the scenery.

Guest altransam

Hello Alstiff, i see we have almost the same PC specs, i have a HP P4 3.2 Mhz with 4x512 ddr 400 memory, audigy ZS and Nvidia 7800GTextreme, i read long and hard to have the best FS9.cfg possible to have good frame rate with all max out or, the closest i can, would you be kind enough to tell me what settings you use and a copy of your cfg ?!It would help me experiment those settings and frankly, i do not know !2#/$ half of the time!Ah yes, i use a 19in flat screen at 1280x1024 thanks!

IIRC the memory leak issue is when you have BOTH1. a local texture folder2. a landclass file that tries to load a texture and can't find it in the local texture folder.In most cases, landclass files reference the default textures, thus the memory leak problem. That is why the general tip is not to have a texture folder with a replacement landclass file. My understanding is that the Ontario developers are aware of this, and have all the required textures in the local texture folder.scott s..