Sign in to follow this  
ronnay

Traffic and ATC addon

37 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

I am working on something new that will use ADS-B data and inject AI traffic in to the sim. This would be pretty much close to real time. To put it another way - if you were sitting at then end of the runway and saw a delta 757 takeoff and happen to have you sim open at that exact same time, you would (in theory :) see that exact same aircraft on the exact same route with the same altitude, heading and speed that was being reported through ADS-B.   Similar to what you see on flight aware and Flightradar24 respectively. 

I will have more details in the coming weeks as I move through discussion on purchasing an existing AI tool that is in desperate need of an update!

The more the merrier. But you do realize that there are already two addons that do this, PSXseecon and Lorby's? The problem with both of them is that there is not a global requirement that aircraft leave their ADS-B transmitters active while on the ground. And even if they do leave them on, unless the geometry of the runway and taxiway system matches the real world configuration, the AI aircraft wander all about like lost sheep looking for a pasture to graze on. Further, the present state of ADS-B technology is such that it is accurate enough to pinpoint aircraft location in the air, but on the ground, even if the sim's airport geometry is a perfect replica, the AI aircraft will still wander off of taxiways and aprons.

Eventually, all this should improve, however. PSXseecon does a little trick. As the aircraft lands, it disappears from the sim and reappears at the correct gate type for that airline. The real way to do it is to use SimConnect to move the landing and departing planes correctly along the sim's taxiways and aprons. VOXATC is the only ATC add-on that does this but it doesn't work with real live traffic (yet). Now if your add-on could do that, well it would be a big hit.

59 minutes ago, Killieboy64 said:

That looks very interesting. The only issue I can foresee is that at many airports the A/C switch off their transponders on the ground so the full taxi to the gate and park may be missing. It would kill emersion a bit if planes just disappeared after exiting the runway. Is there any way around this?

Great question and yes there is. It's a two part problem / solution!  Simply put, there is a ground component and an "air" component. Both are dynamic in nature and designed to worK seamlessly together so as to not kill the immersion.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The more the merrier. But you do realize that there are already two addons that do this, PSXseecon and Lorby's? The problem with both of them is that there is not a global requirement that aircraft leave their ADS-B transmitters active while on the ground. And even if they do leave them on, unless the geometry of the runway and taxiway system matches the real world configuration, the AI aircraft wander all about like lost sheep looking for a pasture to graze on. Further, the present state of ADS-B technology is such that it is accurate enough to pinpoint aircraft location in the air, but on the ground, even if the sim's airport geometry is a perfect replica, the AI aircraft will still wander off of taxiways and aprons.

Eventually, all this should improve, however. PSXseecon does a little trick. As the aircraft lands, it disappears from the sim and reappears at the correct gate type for that airline. The real way to do it is to use SimConnect to move the landing and departing planes correctly along the sim's taxiways and aprons. VOXATC is the only ATC add-on that does this but it doesn't work with real live traffic (yet). Now if your add-on could do that, well it would be a big hit.

See my post above and great points you make  we have taken all of that in to account!

1 hour ago, AirCanada235 said:

I am working on something new that will use ADS-B data and inject AI traffic in to the sim. This would be pretty much close to real time. To put it another way - if you were sitting at then end of the runway and saw a delta 757 takeoff and happen to have you sim open at that exact same time, you would (in theory :) see that exact same aircraft on the exact same route with the same altitude, heading and speed that was being reported through ADS-B.   Similar to what you see on flight aware and Flightradar24 respectively.

Such a tool already exists, it is called PSXseeconTraffic

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

PSXseecon does a little trick. As the aircraft lands, it disappears from the sim and reappears at the correct gate type for that airline.

Well being the developer I am not aware that I have build in that trick ... And I have never seen it happen. It must be purely coincidental. 

An aircraft will only disappear after landing if there is no new position information within 30 seconds, either because the transponder has been switched off or because of bad transmission issues.

However,  at most European airports you will see Aircraft after landing nicely follow the taxi ways onto the apron and park at the gate. Same for departure.

It is coincidental. It must have something to do with the parking utility.

I can't say much for ATC addon's as so far they are ALL sub par. AI wise, having owned and used UT2, UTL, and MyTraffic 6, I wouldn't use any of them on a full-time basis if they were completely free over what is available already for free. Your sim is only as good as the work you are willing to put into it.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I've abandoned MT6 due to the quality of the models and re-paints. I do it myself now and really enjoy that little sideline to the hobby. Many AI are or are becoming v4 compatible.

Ian S

38.jpg

14 hours ago, nealmac said:

ProATC X is definitely working in v4.

How did you get "MakeRWYs" working in v4? Or you skipped this part? Then ProATC-X basically uses the default runway data, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How did you get "MakeRWYs" working in v4? Or you skipped this part? Then ProATC-X basically uses the default runway data, no?

Probably using the new version 4.80 released 2 days ago ?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

If you would like to discuss what addon is better, please make a new topic. I just would   like a addon for atc and traffic for p3d v4

1 minute ago, ronnay said:

If you would like to discuss what addon is better, please make a new topic. I just would   like a addon for atc and traffic for p3d v4

Then buy one? Or are you interested, which addon would be the best? Then you have to accept the discussion...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 6/14/2017 at 8:49 PM, AirCanada235 said:

I will have more details in the coming weeks as I move through discussion on purchasing an existing AI tool that is in desperate need of an update!

I am curious to know what the current status of your product is.

Greetings
Hans

Hi

I use ultimate traffic live and Pro/ATC-X. The first is for populated traffic and the second is for ATC, I am happy with both

Regards  Paul

Hi Paul

If my understanding is correct Ultimate Traffic Live generates AI with flight schedules rather than real live ADS-B traffic. I am looking for the last option and that's what brought me here.

Regards Hans