Sign in to follow this  
ronnay

Traffic and ATC addon

Helli all,

I have a question. Are there any good traffic addons for p3d v4 and ATC addons for offline vatsim? So yes, which ones do you suggest?

thx!

MyTraffic 6 for traffic and ProATC X for ATC.

I'm suggesting the above, because they are what I use and they work well for me. Most of the traffic addons do pretty much the same thing. As for ATC, there are lots of other options, such as Radar Contact, VoxATC, PF3 etc. I have no idea if they are working in v4 though. ProATC X is definitely working in v4.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I also use My traffic 6 in V4 and it works very well for me.  I don't believe they have a dedicated install yet for V4 but it is a very easy work around.  Do a search here and u should find it.

I would also like to hear opinions on the best offline ATC program to use. 

Matt Wilson

10 minutes ago, nealmac said:

MyTraffic 6 for traffic and ProATC X for ATC.

I'm suggesting the above, because they are what I use and they work well for me. Most of the traffic addons do pretty much the same thing. As for ATC, there are lots of other options, such as Radar Contact, VoxATC, PF3 etc. I have no idea if they are working in v4 though. ProATC X is definitely working in v4.

You forgot Pilot2ATC. It uses realistic voices. ProATC is too robotic.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You forgot Pilot2ATC. It uses realistic voices. ProATC is too robotic.

This looks very interesting.  Do u always have to use your voice for communications or can u use button control as well?

Matt Wilson

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

This looks very interesting.  Do u always have to use your voice for communications or can u use button control as well?

You can use your voice or the SayIt button which makes the program say it without the need for you to use voice.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

You can use your voice or the SayIt button which makes the program say it without the need for you to use voice.

Awesome!  Does it have control over AI traffic similar to the default ATC?

Matt Wilson

4 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Awesome!  Does it have control over AI traffic similar to the default ATC?

Not yet, but they are working on it. You can download and test it for 10 days for free.

Alvega

PF3, to me is pretty realistic and there is a free demo. http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_details.htm

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

PF3, to me is pretty realistic and there is a free demo. http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_details.htm

Sorry but PF3 voices are even more robotic than ProATC ones.

Alvega

17 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Sorry but PF3 voices are even more robotic than ProATC ones.

there are about 140 voices. The voices with the demo are not good at all, you can deselect the voices you don't like. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

there are about 140 voices. The voices with the demo are not good at all, you can deselect the voices you don't like. 

Fair enough. I didn't use PF3, i just watched some videos and didn't like the voices at all.

Compare this voice (PF3)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynWalj5A3s

with this one (Pilot2ATC)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDklcNKtdX8

Alvega

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Fair enough. I didn't use PF3, i just watched some videos and didn't like the voices at all.

Compare this voice (PF3)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynWalj5A3s

with this one (Pilot2ATC)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDklcNKtdX8

Tried Pilot 2 ATC.  Things I liked, real controllers. Things I didn't like, same controller all the time, confined to a small area of the US, been a licensed pilot since  the late 70's, not really interested in flying around airspace restrictions anymore. For a student learning to fly, it's a good way to learn ATC procedures. I am way past that need, and I like to fly all over the world both VFR and IFR.  

What do you mean same controller all the time, Bob?

And I don't even fly in the US and have no problems.

Alvega