Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D Addon Organizer 0.95 released

Hello @ll,

The Prepar3D Addon Organizer 0.95 is ready for download on the Lorby website, section "Downloads":

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/

New in this version:

• Prepar3D version 3.3 and later is supported too
  • When packages are deleted, they are moved to the recycle bin
  • Option to export all simobjects paths to a temporary file for other addons to parse

As usual - be careful with beta software. Frequent use of the backup feature is highly recommended.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Great work, thanks Oliver

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

hi Oliver

i just installed 0.95 - by the way thank you for your sim contribution

unfortunately i dont see any of my addons that i installed into P3Dv4 in your program

the "scenery" tab just shows the default p3d stuff and nothing that i added and the "other addons" tab is totally empty

i am not sure what i am doing wrong

i am running your program as administrator in Win 10 on C: drive but my p3dv4 is installed on B: drive

thanks for your help

Bo Klop

6 hours ago, BoHappy said:

hi Oliver

i just installed 0.95 - by the way thank you for your sim contribution

unfortunately i dont see any of my addons that i installed into P3Dv4 in your program

the "scenery" tab just shows the default p3d stuff and nothing that i added and the "other addons" tab is totally empty

i am not sure what i am doing wrong

i am running your program as administrator in Win 10 on C: drive but my p3dv4 is installed on B: drive

thanks for your help

Hi,

I am pretty sure that the encoding of your cfg files is incorrect. There seem to be many instances where the two add-ons.cfg files have been altered to something other than Unicode - in that case the Addon Organizer is unable to read them.

This is happening way to often. I will alter the app and use a different approach. If a user has an incorrect encoding in a cfg file, I think that I will just leave it like that. You can expect this in version 0.97

For now, you would have to find these two files and alter their encoding back to Unicode / UCS-2 Little Endian:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Best regards

LORBY-SI

hi Oliver

thank you for your help

i did change it to UCS-2 LE using notepad++ and now everything works as it should

it is interesting that i could not see these files in your program even though i never changed or installed any addons manually but only thru their (sceneries and aircraft) official P3Dv4 installers

one more question: i also installed PMDG 747 and 777 and I still connot see them in your program as installed

thank you

Bo Klop

16 minutes ago, BoHappy said:

hi Oliver

thank you for your help

i did change it to UCS-2 LE using notepad++ and now everything works as it should

it is interesting that i could not see these files in your program even though i never changed or installed any addons manually but only thru their (sceneries and aircraft) official P3Dv4 installers

one more question: i also installed PMDG 747 and 777 and I still connot see them in your program as installed

thank you

Hi,

Version 0.97 of the Addon Organizer will take care of the encoding (actually, it doesn't care about the encoding any more - if other developers ignore it, who am I to enforce the specification?)

PMDG install their aircraft the "classic" way - right into you main simulator directory. You can't see them, because they aren't external addons.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

now i see

again thank you for your help

kind regards

Bo Klop