Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

P3Dv4 Hi Res Ground Textures

Howdy all,

Is anyone using these textures and if so - was there any performance impact and or a noticeable difference?

What is the name of the texture pack?

Thanks

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

What is the name of the texture pack?

Thanks

bs

He's talking about the option to select high resolution textures within the sim.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

He's talking about the option to select high resolution textures within the sim.

Exactly!!!

Textures.png

I have that option checked and get blurry textures at KAVX.  All other options are pretty much maxed.  Is it because I don't have the ORBX KAVX airport installed
or is this the high resolution texture??  Same at all airports.

??

Thanks

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

45 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I have that option checked and get blurry textures at KAVX

That looks like a default airport scenery, and you comment seems to indicate that it is but you're ambiguous.  Default textures are very low resolution, as low as 256x256.  The graphics engine cannot turn a low resolution scene into a high resolution one.  I think this answers your question.

Dan Downs KCRP

The question is how it influences in performance and/or quality of the scenery when high resolution textures is checked

I think I figured it out.  This setting: TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=22 was in the config even though my sliders are maxed.  Probably related to the settings not saving issue.

Anyway when the ORBX KAVX version is installed it should look good because I changed the value to 29.

Stay tuned.

Thanks

bs