Sign in to follow this  
Guest av8r

Problem installing Richard Probst 732 panel...HELP!

I went ahead and downloaded Richard Probst's 737-200 panel and I am having a problem with it. For starters, the 732 I am using is a Kittyhawk Ryanair with Jaguar livery. I am also using FS2004.After unzipping I read the install instructions and it said:"FS2004:Using WinZip, extract to your FS2004 root folder using the "Use folder names" option. The full path must be //Fs2004/aircraft/fsfsconv/panel.b732, otherwise the sound effects will not work. All files, including the gauge and sounds, get put into the one panel folder."All this is fine, but when I do just that I get an error that FS can't run the B737.gau file. I'm also not very confident that the installation instructions are correct either because it mentions nothing about the aircraft panel folder or panel file. Can somebody give me a hand with this installation? Thanks.

Expand the archive from the location you have installed FS9. Ensure the program used to expand understand to use folder names when expanding, meaning that it should expand using existing folder names, like "aircraft" and create whatever folder is necessary. You could also expand to a temporary folder, and if you already have a folder called fsfsconv within your Flight Simulator 9Aircraft folder, move the folder "panel.B732" from your temp folder to you "Flight Simulator 9Aircraftfsfsconv".Next, the panel.cfg file of the 732 you are using must have the following as its contents:[fltsim]alias=fsfsconvpanel.B732That should be it. The panel could be installed elsewhere but many changes would have to be done to more than one configuration file. Hope this works for you. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest ThrottleUp

You can keep it much simpler by just sticking the panel folder in the aircraft folder. So just go to FS9>Aircraft>Kittyhawk Ryanair>Panel. If you still get the guage error then stick the contents of the guage folder in the main FS9 Gauge folder. Should work then - it solved a similar problem I had.

Thanks for the help, guys.But I must say that both methods that you describe yield the same result. That error with the B732.gau file. I am beginning to suspect that I received a corrupted version of that file in some way. I'm gonna suspend using this download for now until I can get my hands on a guaranteed different source. (It hangs up my machine and requires a reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del everytime that error comes up!). Great panesl are so often ruined by poor installation instructions by the creators. I'm most likely gonna make due with the far-easier to install Ken Mitchell panel and be done with it though. There's no point in me getting frustrated over this. Thanks a lot once again!~Tango.

Richard Probst's 737-200 was still a work-in-progress when he lost interest and left the hobby. He did us the colossal favor of handing over this amazing work of sim-art as it existed at the time he threw in the towel.I wish I could get my hands on a few more "ruined" panels like this.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Tango,If both install methods yield the same results, then the problem you're having is definitively not the install process. Suggest downloading again. It's unlikely that the problem is the file as it resides at the download site because others would've complained. Perhaps the downloading corrupted the file. You certainly could try another panel, there are a couple of good ones available, but Richard's panel is the best simulation of a 737-200 cockpit available, even if it's not finished. If you want to enjoy this one, then persevere. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

Guest av8r

Dear Dave Vega - I'm at my wits end with the same problem as Tango, and would be very grateful if you could assist. I HAD a perfectly working copy of RP's wonderful 732 (which I also fly for a living and hence, have the perfect excuse to indulge in simming as a hobby :-)) but suddenly it stopped working. I get the same message as Tango with a fatal CTD every time I try to load this plane and a message that FS9 is unable to load b732.gau. I had a backup up the whole fsfsconv file, which I pulled out of my sleeve and installed after deleting the fsfsconv folder from my FS9 directory, but to no avail. I then re-installed the whole FS9 from scratch, but the same message keeps coming up, leading me to believe that there must be something left in the registry that cannot co-exist with b732.gau. I suspect that the installation of another add-on could have caused the incompatibility problem I am faced with (I purchased and installed the 737PIC right around the time when the problem orgininally arose). I have tried using the original panel.cfg file that came with the download from RP as well as the amended text with the "alias=fsfsconvpanel.B732" that you suggested, which I vaguely remember having amended way back when I first installed RP's 732. Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated. Would love to get my MS 732 flying again.Thanks very much - Eivind

Dear Eivind,Ensure you have this section in your FS9.CFG file. [OldModules]FSSound.dll=1FS9.CFG is usually located in your ..Documents and Settings"user name goes here"Application DataMicrosoftFS9Also ensure you have file FSSound.dll in the Modules folder of your FS9 installation. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Guest av8r

Dear Dave,Wham-bam-thank you man!!!That did it. I am delighted to have my 732 back. I never would have thought about the fssound.dll issue in a million years.Much appreciated and thank you again for making this hobby so rewarding!All the best - Eivind

Glad it worked. Now you can complement your real flying with this great panel. Since hoping is freeware, I'm hoping RP comes out of retirement and completes this project. Actually, if hoping was payware, I would buy some of it if it would make RP return. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Guest av8r

Hi Dave - we have some lobbying going on over at the Flight1 forum, trying to keep their interest up in a 732 commercial release. They have hinted at the possibilty of using the Tinmouse 732 as a part of a commercial release. Fingers crossed. Thanks again very much. You've made my day!!Eivind