Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[14JUN17] How not to mess up a perfectly good Prepar3D v4 installation...

I stand corrected, I looked at 7740X looks like next computer  Build theirs my 5.0plus ghz I'm waiting on. I'm thinking right around $2.000.00 for a real nice tower. waiting on youtube videos on it with PD3 V4  

We surely know that v4 is not v3 or another sim... and so, we must not install any soft that did not specifically make for this new v4 but... What are we going to do without any airports ???, planes ????... Everything is logic in this original post but the reality is we need those add ons to fly and enjoy the sim. How much time are we going to wait for them????

Honest answer?  The same amount of time it took 10 years ago for all the addon developers to start selling FSX dedicated addons instead of just FS9 ones when FSX first came out.

In the meantime, some people will do what they did back then too.  Just install their FS9 addons into the new FSX and "see what happens".  Good scenario...it worked.  Bad scenario...they ended up reinstalling FSX when it broke.

Gonna be the same with the leap from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4.  Human Nature doesn't change much. Even when the CORE software program changes from a 32-bit one to a 64-bit one.

It's why support forums exist.  And why IT Help Desk professionals have good paying jobs.  :laugh:

Rick Ryan

Actually p3dv4 is WAY more backward compatible than FSX was when it was released, 64 bit or not.  I bought fsx the day it was released, and it was barely useable for about 3 years until accelleration was released and computers started to get faster.  Except for mesh, I can't think of any fs9 scenery that worked right.  Whereas with only one or exceptions I have all my previous fsx/p3d scenery working and working well in v4.  I do know how to manually install things, I know what all the files do, and where they go, it took a bit of effort, but my stuff is rock solid stable in v4.  Might it all perform slightly better if recompiled? maybe, but I'm not having any problems with frames or stability whatsoever.

shawn gray

• Upvote 2

are there some tools available to "test" a scenery or add on whether it is "exported" the right way for usage with P3D V4 ?

Thomas Burchard

Hello Simmer

I have plan to install flytampa eham on v4 but before I buy it would like to know if some of you have install with the patch zip . I hesitate and taking in consideration what say Robert i THINK I'm gonna wait ?! So what is your advice please as FT aren't really clear ...

Regards