Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[14JUN17] How not to mess up a perfectly good Prepar3D v4 installation...

59 minutes ago, downscc said:

In other words, if GSX is working at your lovely add-on airport, chances are the scenery wasn't compiled with SDKv4 ... or at least the AFCAD file.

Haven't observed any malfunction of GSX on "legacy" airports I use. Examples would be T2G Munich or RJAA by Wing Creation These I just "forced" into v4 and GSX works with them just fine.

cu
Roman

1 hour ago, downscc said:

In other words, if GSX is working at your lovely add-on airport, chances are the scenery wasn't compiled with SDKv4

Just curious if that would include FSDreamteam scenery.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

16 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Just curious if that would include FSDreamteam scenery.

Precisely.  If GSX works then the airport scenery bgl file is not compiled with SDKv4.  FSDT acknowledged this and recommended that I only use the SDKv3 compiler for creating AFCADS.  Now, this doesn't mean that all the bgl files provided by the developer are not v4 compiled but it is suspicious.  Maybe they recompiled all the scenery with v4 but didn't bother with the AFCAD. Maybe.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is excellent!  I noticed on the P3D forum, they have a living post depicting the add-ons that meet real v4 compatibility: 

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

On 16.06.2017 at 9:12 AM, Piotr007 said:

Here you go. Scam Simulations Software (SSS). We should be aware. With aircraft this problem is not such a large issue, but when it comes scenery it is an entirely other thing.

P.S.

I also have some issues with dynamic lighting on Ulitimate Traffic Live GA. But taking into consideration this product is still under development for official compatibility, this is not a large issue (for me).

I am in awe of these professional insights. Sometimes it's better to be silent than to try to sound the smartest. Very sad to see this debate... Andrei Bakanov - JustSim

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

This is excellent!  I noticed on the P3D forum, they have a living post depicting the add-ons that meet real v4 compatibility: 

Real v4 SDK compatibility or simply v4 installers? 

3 hours ago, an041176 said:

I am in awe of these professional insights. Sometimes it's better to be silent than to try to sound the smartest. Very sad to see this debate... Andrei Bakanov - JustSim

I would not be concerned Andrei, he never has anything nice to say.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

16 hours ago, downscc said:

Precisely.  If GSX works then the airport scenery bgl file is not compiled with SDKv4.  FSDT acknowledged this and recommended that I only use the SDKv3 compiler for creating AFCADS. 

We already updated GSX to support the P3D V4 variant of the AFCAD so, you can use ADE in P3D V4 mode now.

Now, this doesn't mean that all the bgl files provided by the developer are not v4 compiled but it is suspicious.  Maybe they recompiled all the scenery with v4 but didn't bother with the AFCAD. Maybe.

Why you think the problem never happened until you started using the new ADE Beta which allows to compile an AFCAD with the V4 SDK ? Because NONE of the airports supplied by LM with the default scenery are compiled with the V4 SDK!! If they were, we would have noticed the problem long ago, when P3D was in beta...

• Upvote 1

On ‎16‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:24 AM, Ben311 said:

I think Justsim just modified their installers to work with V4. I have EDDH and at daytime it is working fine, but at night I have horrible ground flickering and dynamic lights in the pmdg 744 kills my fps. 

I need to qute myself here. - JustSim "patched" the V4 Version of EDDH, and I have no more fps drops with dynamic lights (landing lights in the 747 to be exact) anymore.

12 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Real v4 SDK compatibility or simply v4 installers? 

Good question.  Unfortunately, they locked that post from replies.  I'm doing the new install this week, and only plan on PMDG and ActiveSky initially.  I own high-end scenery form FSDT, FlightBeam, and FlyTampa and really want to make sure they have true v compatibility.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hi Robert

fully agree with your article

The only thing i disagree with PMDG is that there is no upgrade option from FSX Steam to P3D v4 ,  free of charge would be nice ( like Carenado and TFDI are doing ) , but i would be prepared to  pay a upgrade fee which would be fair.

But to repurchase the whole lot ( i spent already $ 300 on 747 v3 +777 both version+ 737 ) is too much and not fair

I am sure that most FSX pilots upgrading to P3D V4 are thinking the same

On 20/06/2017 at 11:01 PM, Luis_KMIA said:

Good question.  Unfortunately, they locked that post from replies.  I'm doing the new install this week, and only plan on PMDG and ActiveSky initially.  I own high-end scenery form FSDT, FlightBeam, and FlyTampa and really want to make sure they have true v compatibility.

If they wouldn't work, which they do, why did LM make P3D V4 backward compatiable ?  I have 150 gig of addons installed so far, with out the roof caving in.

If you are going to wait till addons are truly  compatiable, ie created from the ground up via the V4 SDK, you have a long wait :)

Also please note what Umberto posted above "Because NONE of the airports supplied by LM with the default scenery are compiled with the V4 SDK!!

So, if it is good enough for the default, it is good enough KORD from FSDT.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, Michel Greschler said:

The only thing i disagree with PMDG is that there is no upgrade option from FSX Steam to P3D v4 ,  free of charge would be nice

Why do you believe you should get a free upgrade from between 2 different platforms? Do you work for free?

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

13 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

If they wouldn't work, which they do, why did LM make P3D V4 backward compatiable ?  I have 150 gig of addons installed so far, with out the roof caving in.

If you are going to wait till addons are truly  compatiable, ie created from the ground up via the V4 SDK, you have a long wait :)

Also please note what Umberto posted above "Because NONE of the airports supplied by LM with the default scenery are compiled with the V4 SDK!!

So, if it is good enough for the default, it is good enough KORD from FSDT.

I'm definitely willing to try them.  I rely on those great developers to make the simulation better.  I'm looking forward to installing v4 along with my add-ons.

LUIS LINARES

1. Sign your posts.
  2. This isn't the place to discuss pricing policy.
  3. You would know both of these if you read the rules. Please read them :wink:

Kyle Rodgers