Sign in to follow this  
jsg0813

Chaseplane & P3d v4 Crash

Hello all,

i am experiencing issues with chaseplane and P3D v4 as there are instances I change cameras and P3D stops responding. Just thought I'd give this info while chaseplane is still in alpha for v4. Any ideas? 

I've also had this happen today in the TFDI717, was starting decent on a 2 hour flight then i changed to cockpit and it crashed.

Me too.   TFDI + Chaseplane + 40-minutes of flight = CTD   I can't finish a flight.   Has anyone seen any confirmation from either TFDI or FSFX on this issue?

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Brian Shaw

Also happens to me in any payware or default aircraft. I use it with trackir. Once chase plane crashes trackir doesn't work

Hi,

We fixed a memory leak in the latest version, potentially causing this issue. Let me know if the it's resolved now!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hiya

I too have been experiencing a CTD when in the TFDi 717 (8 flights so far only 2 completed) with the last CTD being last night at 1900 (ish) UK time.

I felt it was when I moved from an internal view to an external view? Whilst frustrating as I love the aircraft and really want to complete a flight I understand new sim etc etc (I'm on V4) so I'll try another flight tonight and see if I get the same issue. Someone said to me that if they completed a flight with just an internal camera (chaseplane) it doesn't crash so they seem to back up my thinking just as an f.y.i.

Cheers

Paul

Pf... i was thinking about something in my pc. "Glad" i'm not alone.

TFDI + Chaseplane = random crashes during camera change, usually 20-30 minutes of flight, but somethimes even on the runway.

Hope this gets sorted asap.

On 17/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, Keven Menard said:

Hi,

We fixed a memory leak in the latest version, potentially causing this issue. Let me know if the it's resolved now!

Regards,
Keven

Hey Keven,

it crashed on me even yestrday. Chaseplane updated itself automatically using the built-in updater. I chose to not use experimental features, yet i experienced the same crash after 30 minutes.

It seems switching from external to internal randomly causes this.

Bought ChasePlane today...  it's great BUT it has crashed on me at least 10 times today!

Seems to crash when switching between P3D and ChasePlane (ie I'm going into CP a lot to configure cameras).  If I just switch between camera's using the assigned keystrokes then there is no problem.

Using P3Dv4 and PMDG 747v3.

Matthew S

Hey Matt, i have the issue even using the configured keystrokes. I agree that it's less frequent than when using the central mouse button and selecting the camera visually, but it still does it.

I should add its crashing during a flight when I'm trying to set up cameras.

Maybe I should just start P3D, load the 747, get all my cameras configured (and switchable using hotkeys)... and then restart the sim and do the flight (and not try to use CP at all, except for the view switching using my hotkeys).

Seems to me that CP seems to crash when there is lots of focus switching happening between P3d and CP.

Also sometimes P3d is actually shutting down (and not the CP gui)....  but im sure that CP is the cause.

Really annoying because CP is excellent (apart from the crashing) and has made the 747 a breeze to fly!

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Also sometimes P3d is actually shutting down (and not the CP gui).... 

For me P3d always shuts down and CP remains opened, but i agree that is CP causing the issue. I didn't have the issue before installing it.

People having issues with CTD on v4, try disabling Advanced Features from the Preferences. Let me know then if the CTD issue persists

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

12 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

People having issues with CTD on v4, try disabling Advanced Features from the Preferences. Let me know then if the CTD issue persists

I disabled "Advanced Features" and no more CTD.

However I notice there is a black flash when switching camera if Advanced Features is disabled, so after setting up my cameras, I put Advanced Features back on.

Matthew S